Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 10-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default The Flip Murray to the Nuggets Trade Rumor

What do you guys think of the Murray to the Nuggets rumors. I think it would be a nice trade for the Pistons. Smith would be more offense coming in off the bench. I'm not to worried about the off the court things.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Default Re: The Trade Rumor

Expirer for expirer. I don't see us resigning JR Smith if the trade goes through. The objective is to make it a two-for-one trade so we can send off Dupree and not waive Meija.

JR's been on the Hornets, Chicago, Denver, and possibly his fourth team with Detroit. He's been moved around a lot, and doesn't justify a large payday. He has plenty of talent, so it'd be worth it if Dumars can take a chance at reforming his career like what happened with Billups, Wallace, etc.

Moderate possible gain for low risk. If it costs us a 2nd round pick, I'd still do it.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

Exactly, If they can get rid of Dupree in this deal that would be awesome. I would like to see the Pistons clear some room on the roster to resign Webber. I think he would be more valuable to the team (coming off the bench) than some of the other names on the roster. It might actually work out in our benefit if he did resign and get a late season start because then he wouldn't have to go through an 82 game season plus the playoffs. Maybe that is what they are shooting for, to have Webber for 40 to 50 games later on and let the team peak in the playoffs.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

meh, I dont think jr brings anything that hayes doesnt as a backup wing. I know they are trying to move dupree to get the roster to 15, but id rather have flip (a 1-2 with nba experience) than another 2-3. You can never have too many decent ball handlers on a team. I would also like to see them clear a spot for webber, but Im not sure how they can without giving up on a rookie or 2nd year player. Plus we will have 3 more picks next year.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Flip won't get many minutes unless there's an injury. We're rather deep at PG right now, with Billups/Stuckey/Hunter, and Prince has been mentioned as a fourth option. I don't know if Afflalo or Meija can play PG...

I like Murray too, but he's one of the more tradeable assets the Pistons have that could actually get interest from other teams. His contract is a good value, he has combo guard skills, and he's not likely to play much here or be resigned.

Remember, this wouldn't be JR for Flip straight up, we'd be getting the benefit of clearing a roster spot.

About Webber - I don't think he's coming back unless we start the season really badly. Pistons are in win now mode, and if that's not happening with the young front court, then changes will be made. If we can get within the top 4 playoff seeds without waiving youth for Webber, we should take it.

On the other hand, I don't see Meija establishing a role on this team, and there's plenty of so-so late 2nd rounders lying around. If he gets good, we can sign him then for market value. We have a few too many 'projects' going on right now (Samb, Johnson, Meija)...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Keith Langlois says this in his most recent blog post:

"One more NBA gunner who wonít be wearing a Pistons uniform anytime soon: Denverís J.R. Smith. There was a report Friday that the Pistons and Nuggets were discussing a trade involving Flip Murray and, possibly, Ronald Dupree for Smith, a fourth-year guard, but Iím hearing that was not ever in play and wonít be happening."

I think it had potential, but it isn't the type of trade that changes much anyway. Pistons are a solid playoff team either way, and neither Flip nor JR have the role or the killer instinct to change the Pistons' destiny this year.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: The Flip Murray to the Nuggets Trade Rumor

yepp flip is gone he did good last year hope we can get a even better back up
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

We already have a better back up PG. We just need Stuckey to get healthy. I think we are going to see good things from him.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
theoriginal14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

no he is a headache. nuggets can keep that guy.....
theoriginal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: