Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Default The Bulls aren't an elite team in the East!!

I LOL when I hear these so called "experts" say the "bulls can come out of the East without Kobe," and "the bulls and Celtics will be in the ECF." They don't have a dominate post scorer and need more scorers in general.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: The Bulls aren't an elite team in the East!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
I LOL when I hear these so called "experts" say the "bulls can come out of the East without Kobe," and "the bulls and Celtics will be in the ECF." They don't have a dominate post scorer and need more scorers in general.

HMMMMM....I usually ROTFLMALO when I hear that.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Wait until Dengness9 reads this.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

They are one of the most overrated team right now in the NBA, and i cannot believe other BULLS FAN for over hyping this team during the off season. Even putting them as an elite team in the Eastern Conference, which is not quite true because this team needs a superstar that can at least take them into the Eastern Conference Finals.

I would admit they just got lucky beating an injury prone Miami Heat, who is bannered by an aging Shaquille Oneal and D-Wade who just got back from his injury, but when they face superior teams they just easily folded and the proof of it Detroit kick their Ass in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If ever the Cavs face this team in the playoffs i am sure the Cavs will dominate them in the rebounding department, and sweep them in the post season because they did not have any legit low posts scorer that can match with the Cavs frontline.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-21-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
They are one of the most overrated team right now in the NBA, and i cannot believe other BULLS FAN for over hyping this team during the off season. Even putting them as an elite team in the Eastern Conference, which is not quite true because this team needs a superstar that can at least take them into the Eastern Conference Finals.

I would admit they just got lucky beating an injury prone Miami Heat, who is bannered by an aging Shaquille Oneal and D-Wade who just got back from his injury, but when they face superior teams they just easily folded and the proof of it Detroit kick their Ass in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If ever the Cavs face this team in the playoffs i am sure the Cavs will dominate them in the rebounding department and sweep them in the post season.

Care to elaborate as to how?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Even putting them as an elite team in the Eastern Conference, which is not quite true because this team needs a superstar that can at least take them into the Eastern Conference Finals.

Like the Pistons had a superstar when they won their rings/went to the finals?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Care to elaborate as to how?

The Cavaliers are the 2nd best Rebounding team in the NBA while the Bulls rank as the 10th best Rebounding team in the league

CHICAGO BULLS

Rebounding .286 ( 9) .743 (10)

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Rebounding .297 ( 3) .758 ( 2)
Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #8
Sharas
Good college starter

well, unlike cavs, bulls are actually on path to improve this year. their core can only improve, and they did already shown steady improvement over last three years.

and what does "elite team" mean? i'm not saying they'll come out for sure. but they're IMO second best in the east on paper. cavs and pistons are very close, but you can't say that bulls aren't one of the favorites on the east.

and a news flash for the OP: no one in the east has a dominant post scorer. KG is now the closest thing, but he scores majority of his points facing the basket, and judging by preseason games he won't really focus on scoring.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Like the Pistons had a superstar when they won their rings/went to the finals?

The 2004 NBA Pistons are one of the best defensive team in the history of the NBA and this team has been a legit eastern conference contender after trading high scoring SG Jerry Stackhouse to the Washington Wizards in exchange for guard Richard Hamilton at the start of the 2002-03 Season.

The Pistons' transformation into a championship team was completed with the February 2004 acquisition of Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons finished the season 54-28, recording their best record since 1997.

The 2004 Pistons set league records by holding 11 opponents -- including five straight -- under 70 points, and 36 straight opponents to less than 100

Quote:
Won First Round

Detroit 4, Milwaukee 1

Won Conference Semifinals

Detroit 4, New Jersey 3

Won Conference Finals

Detroit 4, Indiana 2

Won NBA Finals

Detroit 4, LA Lakers 1

The Pistons made it look easy, stunning the basketball world by knocking off the dysfunctional star-studded Los Angeles Lakers to win it all in five games.

Winning the series in 5 games, the Pistons became the first team to win all three middle home games in the finals with a display of tough defense and determined team work.

I do not think that the current BULLS can be compared to the 2004 Pistons because the Pistons are solid in the 4 and 5 position plus this team prove that A true testament to the old saying, "Offense wins Games but Defense wins Championships"!

The Pistons are one of the first team in the last 30 years in the history of the NBA to win an NBA Championship with out having a legit NBA Superstar in theirs roster.

They prove that basketball players these days need to focused on playing as a team and not trying to be the superstar of the team, forgetting that basic fundamentals are the vital foundations of a succesful team.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-21-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #10
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
The Cavaliers are the 2nd best Rebounding team in the NBA while the Bulls rank as the 10th best Rebounding team in the league

CHICAGO BULLS

Rebounding .286 ( 9) .743 (10)

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Rebounding .297 ( 3) .758 ( 2)

IMO, those numbers seem slightly higher, but not enough to "dominate"
Old 10-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
The 2004 NBA Pistons are one of the best defensive team in the history of the NBA and this team has been a legit eastern conference contender after trading high scoring SG Jerry Stackhouse to the Washington Wizards in exchange for guard Richard Hamilton at the start of the 2002-03 Season.

The Pistons' transformation into a championship team was completed with the February 2004 acquisition of Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons finished the season 54-28, recording their best record since 1997.

The 2004 Pistons set league records by holding 11 opponents -- including five straight -- under 70 points, and 36 straight opponents to less than 100

The Pistons made it look easy, stunning the basketball world by knocking off the dysfunctional star-studded Los Angeles Lakers to win it all in five games.

Winning the series in 5 games, the Pistons became the first team to win all three middle home games in the finals with a display of tough defense and determined team work.

I do not think that the current BULLS can be compared to the 2004 Pistons because the Pistons are solid in the 4 and 5 position plus this team prove that A true testament to the old saying, "Offense wins Games but Defense wins Championships"!

Too many current NBA players in basketball these days are trying to be the superstar of the team, forgetting that basic fundamentals are the vital foundations of a succesful team.

So you agree it's nonsense to state the Bulls cannot advance to the finals without a superstar?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #12
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
So you agree it's nonsense to state the Bulls cannot advance to the finals without a superstar?

Unless they can beat the Cavaliers, Celtics and the Pistons in the playoffs. I would not be a believer and jump into their bandwagon. I still think that this team needs lot of work and consistency from Gordon, Deng and Hinrich.

Sometimes Ben Gordon their current leading scorer just disappear in the playoffs and his numbers are not that quite impressive. They added some nice acquistion during the NBA Off Season, and we will just see if they can make an impact in the NBA.

If they can make it into the Eastern Conference Finals i would agree that this team doesn't need a superstar to win an NBA Championship.

They are far away from stepping up into the next level because they cannot beat an elite team like the Detroit Pistons and struggling in the 1st few games of the series. Pistons exposed the weakness of the BULLS and eliminated them in 6th games.

Quote:
East Conf 1st Rd

Gm Date Tm Opp W/L Score Series
+--+----------+---+----+---+-------+-------------+
1 2007-04-21 CHI MIA W 96-91 CHI leads 1-0
2 2007-04-24 CHI MIA W 107-89 CHI leads 2-0
3 2007-04-27 CHI @MIA W 104-96 CHI leads 3-0
4 2007-04-29 CHI @MIA W 92-79 CHI wins 4-0

East Conf Semis

Gm Date Tm Opp W/L Score Series
1 2007-05-05 CHI @DET L 69-95 DET leads 1-0
2 2007-05-07 CHI @DET L 87-108 DET leads 2-0
3 2007-05-10 CHI DET L 74-81 DET leads 3-0
4 2007-05-13 CHI DET W 102-87 DET leads 3-1
5 2007-05-15 CHI @DET W 108-92 DET leads 3-2
6 2007-05-17 CHI DET L 85-95 DET wins 4-2

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...007_games.html

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-21-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #13
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

When you have several scoring options that know their role, it doesn't particularly matter if one goes cold, bring in Noc
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #14
Heretik32
Myrrh

The Bulls are one of the most balanced teams in the East and have the advantage of several players that can get hot on any given day plus very, very solid defense.
Of course they should work on their consistency and they sorely lack post presence on the offensive end, but that doesn't take away from the fact that, yes, they are an elite team in the East.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #15
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
I agree that you cannot backup your statement everytime we have an argument in this site you runaway like a scalped dog.

Do not tell me that you can speak 10 or more languages because at the end of the day their is only a one word that can describe your personality you are a very weak individual and a cerfified C-0-W-A-R-D.

Lebron23, you have already got a personal battle going on with this guy in a thread dedicated to it. How about keeping this one on topic, whether the Bulls are elite or not?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: