Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #16
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Players You Hate, and Why

Agree with the Varejao hate. Watching him in the Eastern Conference Finals was painful. He wasn't even playing basketball. It was a joke and the idiot refs rewarded him every time. I was hoping Sheed would pound him into the ground.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

I dislike, not hate.

My Top 5 of players that I do not like. Not in order.

1. Smush Parker-I don't know what came to Phil's mind for starting this kid for 2 straight seasons. He's bench material, but not starting material. Plays bad defense, makes silly turnovers, never improves his game, and has a bad attitude.

2. Gilbert Arenas-He's a good player, but has not been able to improve his overall team's record since 2005.

3. Jamal Crawford-Ball hog

4. Shaq-Used to be a fan of him until he demanded a big contract. Seriously. Who pays a declining center 20-30 mill a year?

5. Lebron James-I just don't like him.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, and Tony Parker.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #19
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Kobe Bryant for being arrogant and aloof. For those of us who dislike him, his fans don't help much with their undying a$$-kissing.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Agree with the Varejao hate. Watching him in the Eastern Conference Finals was painful. He wasn't even playing basketball. It was a joke and the idiot refs rewarded him every time. I was hoping Sheed would pound him into the ground.

I was pretty indifferent on Varejao until he went and told his agent to ask for 10 mil a season. It's hard not to get a major dislike on for a guy when it's clear he's worth nowhere near what he's asking for.

He used Nene's massive contract as his example, when at best he should have been shooting for around what Darko got from Memphis.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #21
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
I was pretty indifferent on Varejao until he went and told his agent to ask for 10 mil a season. It's hard not to get a major dislike on for a guy when it's clear he's worth nowhere near what he's asking for.

I should add that to my hate-log.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #22
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Carlos Boozer - a real man honors his word.

Shane Battier - I hate the fact that this guy isn't really good at anything yet constantly receives praise for minimal impact

Damon Jones - I find his being on a NBA roster offensive to the gods of basketball. To sum up Jones' ability, he has been outplayed at the Rucker when he was clearly trying... a handful of times.

Brian Cardinal - I hate the fact that as bad as he sucks and as bad as his contract is no one harps on it. We should be tossing this waste of space under the bus the same way we do Jerome James complacent ass.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #23
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Brian Cardinal - I hate the fact that as bad as he sucks and as bad as his contract is no one harps on it. We should be tossing this waste of space under the bus the same way we do Jerome James complacent ass.
Ask any Memphis fan and they will agree with you.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #24
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Ask any Memphis fan and they will agree with you.
The craziest part is Cardinal's contract is actually worse than James' cause Cardinal's is guaranteed for '09-10. James' is a Player Option for that season so at least the Knicks can give him $3 million bucks to go away.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #25
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Carlos Boozer - a real man honors his word.

Shane Battier - I hate the fact that this guy isn't really good at anything yet constantly receives praise for minimal impact

Damon Jones - I find his being on a NBA roster offensive to the gods of basketball. To sum up Jones' ability, he has been outplayed at the Rucker when he was clearly trying... a handful of times.

Cavs fan?

I disagree on Boozer. Whether he did or didn't have some 'verbal agreement' with the Cavs, they made the mistake of not getting his name on paper when they had the chance. They didn't, and when he saw what he thought would be a better situation for him in Utah, he took it. Like we always hear, it's a business, and a guy saying "sure, I wouldn't mind staying here" doesn't constitute any kind of binding contract.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #26
Da KO King

Quote:
Cavs fan?

I disagree on Boozer. Whether he did or didn't have some 'verbal agreement' with the Cavs, they made the mistake of not getting his name on paper when they had the chance. They didn't, and when he saw what he thought would be a better situation for him in Utah, he took it. Like we always hear, it's a business, and a guy saying "sure, I wouldn't mind staying here" doesn't constitute any kind of binding contract.
Not a Cavs fan at all. Business or not there is a point where you need to be a man. A real man would have said "I will explore my options".
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

1. James Posey-I think hes just a punk that plays dirty

2. Lebron James-Hes cocky and I hate the constant comparisons to MJ

3. Antoine Walker-Hes a fat lazy bastard

4. Varejao-His hair bothers me
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Smush Parker- b/c he has proven himself to be nothing but a sore loser.

Lebron James- overrated, I can't stand the fact that the NBA is just DYING to make him this generation's MJ, even though its clear that he is not half as great as everyone is making him out to be.

Raja Bell- for obvious reasons

Antoine Walker- cocky, ugly too (no offense)

Last edited by Allstar24 : 10-19-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #29
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Not a Cavs fan at all. Business or not there is a point where you need to be a man. A real man would have said "I will explore my options".

See, but it never really came out what he did or didn't say. The Cavs to this day can only say 'we thought we had reached an agreement with him'. Sorry, you don't make a guy a free agent if you know there's another team out there that can afford to give him 30 mil more than you can. Booz denies there was any kind of commitment made on his end, and again even if there was I tend to think it was something along the lines of 'man I've really had fun on this team, it'd be alright to stay'. Agents aren't stupid - his guy let him know there were going to be teams after him, and no way does any sought-after player commit to the first numbers that are thrown at him.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #30
Da KO King

Quote:
See, but it never really came out what he did or didn't say. The Cavs to this day can only say 'we thought we had reached an agreement with him'. Sorry, you don't make a guy a free agent if you know there's another team out there that can afford to give him 30 mil more than you can. Booz denies there was any kind of commitment made on his end, and again even if there was I tend to think it was something along the lines of 'man I've really had fun on this team, it'd be alright to stay'. Agents aren't stupid - his guy let him know there were going to be teams after him, and no way does any sought-after player commit to the first numbers that are thrown at him.
Actually when the situation first happened the Cavs laid everything out in the open. They did an interview in which they detailed everything that happened.

Boozer never denied any of it he simply refused to comment on most of it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: