Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
jamal
crawford, mashburn

Default What did J.R. do this time? Nugz suspend Smith for first 3 games of season

Nuggets' Smith suspended three games to start 2007 season
Associated Press

Updated: October 20, 2007, 5:32 PM ET

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets suspended guard J.R. Smith for the first three games of the regular season "for conduct detrimental to the team," the team said Saturday.

Nuggets player personnel director Mark Warkentien declined to specify Smith's transgression.

"I take full responsibility for my actions that led to this suspension," Smith said in an apology distributed by the team. "I realize that the organization wants to help me become not only a better player but also the best person I can off the court.

Last edited by insidehoops : 10-20-2007 at 08:02 PM.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: What did J.R. do this time? Nugz suspend Smith for first 3 games of season

This might be for the accident he got in this past summer.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Default Re: What did J.R. do this time? Nugz suspend Smith for first 3 games of season

Well JR will probably get traded now. But who would want a cancer like him???
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
jamal
crawford, mashburn

Quote:
This might be for the accident he got in this past summer.
It seems to be for something that transpired during the last couple days, but you may be right...?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

The Nuggets are filled with disgruntled trouble makers.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
jamal
crawford, mashburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1

I'm not very concerned because most of that is just based on reputaion alone. Martin and Iverson and a little emotional and voliatle, but both want to win and always give maximum effort when they are healthy. Anthony is one of the most skilled players in the league and likewise wants to win, give him him his shot quota and he's fine. Smith is the only one I'm worried about. His talent is undeniable, but it seems he may never get it. Could be another Rodney White.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:

like who?? Kenyon and JR? : theres teams with way more trouble makers than that.

most superstars have made bigger mistakes than Melo's 1. AI has been just as classy as Steve Nash since he's been here, etc.

whatever JR did he deserves it. he's mentally lost.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
like who?? Kenyon and JR? : theres teams with way more trouble makers than that.

most superstars have made bigger mistakes than Melo's 1. AI has been just as classy as Steve Nash since he's been here, etc.

whatever JR did he deserves it. he's mentally lost.

God blessed JR with tons of bball talent and confidence,, But he is not the brightest bulb, dude is seriously one of the dumbest people I have ever met, mix that with the fact that he grew up in Lakewood, NJ around other dumb people have turned him into an even dumber person...

There is a reason JR didnt go to college...I dont think he could get a good enough score to go to the schools that he wanted..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
God blessed JR with tons of bball talent and confidence,, But he is not the brightest bulb, dude is seriously one of the dumbest people I have ever met, mix that with the fact that he grew up in Lakewood, NJ around other dumb people have turned him into an even dumber person...

There is a reason JR didnt go to college...I dont think he could get a good enough score to go to the schools that he wanted..

Basically what I was gonna say. You can have all the talent in the world, but it won't mean a thing if you're braindead. You would think that JR would wake up after what happened to him this past summer, but he continues to disappoint. He just might never pan out.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

which is why im glad Stern banned 18 year olds. the majority of them fail and are screwed for life.

this isnt really troubling news to me. JR wasnt going to start, and his success/failures dont effect us much at all. that and we have him signed for cheap. he'll probably be traded for a 2nd rounder again since Karl wants him gone. just more time for Atkins (a smarter JR Smith) and Bobby Jones
Old 10-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
jamal
crawford, mashburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Do you have any specific examples of his stupidity? I am curious...also, when/how have you met him?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #13
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

re; jr. oh well. hes had his chances and blew it. fortunately we have other SGs playing as well as he did (which wasnt that great so far).

the strange thing is this is a contract year - youd think hed give 100% all the time for a big pay day next summer.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

just how the preseason was going, JR wasnt going to get much time anyway. Karl wants to play Melo at the 2 sometimes and put Kleiza at the 3. that right there takes away JR's minutes.

Bobby Jones is happy.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Who cares if you guys think J.R. is "dumb", he is fun to watch.
George Karl needs to go, he is the real cancer on the nuggets. Everybody hates him, Martin, Melo, J.R., and pretty soon AI will too.

Hmmm.... lets see who did the nuggets last play against before heading into the play-offs, thats right the spurs and who dominated like crazy? oh ya, Reggie evans with 19 pts and 20 rebounds and who was the idiot that didin't play him against the spurs during the play-offs? ya thats right, the idiot Karl.
And don't even try to say that's because Duncan wasn't playing that night because he has played great against the spurs in previous games, except he never got alot of minutes. Great job trading him away.
Please get rid of George Karl
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: