Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default what do I need to know to become an official Bucks fan?

outside of all their key guys, whats the best way to approach this squad?
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: what do I need to know to become an official Bucks fan?

with caution
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I will give you a series of nine tasks to perform and if you pass them all, I can discuss it with the rest of the wise men. You will need to display courage, wisdom, humility... and six other positive traits. Only then can you call yourself a Bucks fan.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I will give you a series of nine tasks to perform and if you pass them all, I can discuss it with the rest of the wise men. You will need to display courage, wisdom, humility... and six other positive traits. Only then can you call yourself a Bucks fan.

go on....I think I am willing to do it.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
outside of all their key guys, whats the best way to approach this squad?

all you need to know is that they have not been the same since they traded Kareem.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

If you're wondering what the team's like, I'll give you my opinions though.

Coach K - starting with a clean slate. Hasn't proven anything, and hasn't done anything to hurt his reputation.

Redd - Great scorer, not so great everything else. Really a great 3rd player on a championship team, but I don't like the idea of "building" around a player who is maybe top 20 in the league (certainly top 30).

Williams - Good scorer, decent passer, good rebounder for a guard. Was a terrible defender last year, but has been ok so far in the preseason. One of the more well rounded players on the team.

Bell - Backup guard who can play 3 positions, but is no more than a role player. Plays tough D, but shoots too much. His attitude lately has been inexcusible. Very immature and naive about the business of the NBA.

Bogut - Wait and see. We all know he's an elite passer, but since he doesn't draw the double team, it hasn't made much difference yet. He's a beast when his Australian coach Sinisa is in town, but can lose focus when he's gone. He put on a lot of muscle so we'll see if he rebounds any more.

Villanueva - Good scorer off the bench, and although he has the potential to be an allstar, he will almost certainly not work hard enough to realize it. He drifts around the 3 point line, and is very soft. Good rebounder and decent passer, but plays no form of defense.

Yi - Has shown flashes of being a great mid range scorer and slasher, and a good shot blocker. Very quick and athletic. Doesn't know how to play defense against true power forwards yet. Will probably be very inconsistent in year one.

Gadzuric - Horrible, but athletic. But still horrible.

Ivey - Seems to be capable of playing around 10 minutes per game with little to no shot attempts or turnovers, and decent defense. That's useful I guess.

Simmons - Great shooter, and used to be a good defender. Maybe he still will be if his heel recovers. Good glue guy who doesn't hog the ball and mostly just shoots when he's open.

Mason - Not a very good player. Used to be an elite dunker, but is now just an above average athlete. Plays decent to good defense, and is said to be a good locker room/chemistry guy. But he can't shoot to save his life, and he's a little undersized compared to lots of SFs.

Voshkul - don't know yet, but probably horrible.

Storey - Horrible. Doesn't belong in the NBA, but unfortunately has a guaranteed contract.

Ruffin - Seems to be a good tough guy and physical prescence, but isn't good enough to get minutes unless people are hurt.

Sessions - Good size for a PG, but that's all I know yet. Probably will play in the D League.

Noel - Hasn't shown any NBA skills yet.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

thats an accurate and honest post IMO, though I think Voshkuhl and Ruffin will be useful in practice to toughen up your softish front line
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #8
jasonterry
Banned

thanks adam for the analysis. should I get a bucks t shirt to wear during games or is my fandom enough?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: