Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Default NBA Players You Hate, and Why

Been a while since the last one of these.

1. Anderson Varejao - He is a disgrace to the game of basketball. His style of play disgusts and sickens me, and if he never played again it would be too soon. Watching him play is like seeing the game of basketball embarrassed and humiliated on a personal level. If he ever wins a championship ring it will have been one of the greatest travesties in the history of the league. He isn't a man. He's a disgraceful ***** who should be penalized with a technical foul every time he pulls that flop bull****, which is every damn play.

2. Kwame Brown - Every time he's on the court its like LA is playing 4 on 6. You can always count on Kwame to drop the pass, fumble the ball, blow the layup that should have been a dunk anyway, commit the unnecessary foul, move his own teammates out of position from a rebound, move the opposing teammates INTO position for the rebound, etc. etc. His negative intangibles are only surpassed by his tangible ones. His sorry ass potential tag is the reason an eastern conference allstar is on another team instead of LA, and he makes way too much damn money at that. He should be on ballboy salary. Except less, because the ballboys will catch the ball.

He has one good game every 20 or so, just enough for people to say "hey, look out, he might be coming out of his shell!", and forget about the last 19 games where he looked like a deadeye assassin for the OTHER TEAM. The last time I hated someone on my own team this much was Samaki Walker, who coincidentally happens to suffer from the same affliction of vaseline hands as Kwame. GET OFF MY TEAM, MOTHER****ER.

3. Shawn Marion - This overrated piece of **** thinks he's the second coming of bball chrizt when his ass can't even get a shot off on his own. He can't shoot, can't dribble, completely and entirely dissappears in the playoffs, and is indisputably the third best player on his own team yet is consistently labeled a top 15 player in the league. He's like a big athletic monkey, all he does is run around and jump, and he admittedly does that well, but it gets him WAY more credit than he deserves, and unbelievably way LESS credit than he THINKS he deserves. I'd love for this arrogant piece of **** to get his own team for a reality check on how good he really is.

4. Alonzo Mourning - There's just something about him I can't stand. Maybe the way he flexes after every play, or the way he dicked the Nets. Maybe just his extreme smugness and arrogance that is completely undeserved. And how it came out when he said Miami was better than Chicago even after getting swept by them. I just hate this guy.

5. Josh Howard - Can't put my finger on it. Just something about him I can't stand.

You?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: NBA Players You Hate, and Why

zo has all the right to be cocky.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

i agree with you about anderson and zo.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Kobe24
Banned

Raja Bell - do I need to explain? He got his 15 mins of fame crying about Kobe. It was definetely a good strategy but I hate his mug and how everyone thinks he's such a good defender against Kobe which is not true. He's average or below average but he's not THAT good.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

I don't hate any of these guys, but guess what they have in common?

Ruben Patterson
Doug Christie
Raja Bell
Bruce Bowen

???
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

I dont mind Bell. He knows his role, plays it well, and doesn't give himself too much credit. And he's a competitor. Its Marion you need to be concentrating your hate on.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Sorry Stroshow, but I really do not like Stromile Swift, nor do I like Brian Cardinal. I don't hate either of them but I do dislike them.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I don't hate any of these guys, but guess what they have in common?

Ruben Patterson
Doug Christie
Raja Bell
Bruce Bowen

???

Kobe killers?
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

see previous threads where hate v. fan hate is discussed cause i don't wish any special ill on any of these guys.

mark blount - for coming alive for one half of his contract season with the celts and then going back to sleep forever.

michael olowakandi - for taking god given size and grace and squandering it. i honestly believe that i could have been a bigger help to an nba team if i had his body and the last coaching i had was in high school. this goes for darius miles, kwame brown, and jerome james too.

pretty much all the pistons and lakers for being pistons and lakers (i can't find it in me to dislike turiaf or maxiel though - i'm a fan of effort guys).

not an horry fan either. not sure why. might still associate him with the lakers. also he's one of those sneaky dudes who disappears all game and then kills you at the end. not good enough to be a reliable star but too good to ignore. those guys are pains in the ass.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #10
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I dont mind Bell. He knows his role, plays it well, and doesn't give himself too much credit. And he's a competitor. Its Marion you need to be concentrating your hate on.

I have a thing against floppers. Marion doesn't bug me.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Kenyon Martin.

Over paid? Check. Oft-injured? Check. Bad temper? Check. Team cancer? Check. Sends his friends to threaten a man and his 12 year old son during a game? Check.

I wish the Nuggets could find a way to get rid of him.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Yeah his flopping does piss me off.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #13
new noise
madvillain

Antoine Walker. The f*ckin' LVP of the league, hands down. The guy has completely checked out already as far as staying in shape, playing an all-around game, being a good teammate, etc. Can't stand seeing such a piss-poor work ethic and complete lack of dedication.

He's Vince Carter five years from now.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Antoine Walker. The f*ckin' LVP of the league, hands down. The guy has completely checked out already as far as staying in shape, playing an all-around game, being a good teammate, etc. Can't stand seeing such a piss-poor work ethic and complete lack of dedication.

He's Vince Carter five years from now.

Ouch.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Drew Gooden: I hate this dude. He can't do jack **** unless his team is up or down by 15 at which point he slams down a putback against the other teams scrubs and starts flexin and starin people down and shit.

God I hate that guy.

And Sideshow Flopper too.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: