Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
ilovethemavz
I airball my layups

Default Adam Morrison score 20 a game???

Seriously the Bobcats don't really have a go to guy..Emeka isn't really offensive minded,Felton can light it up but I just don't see him as a #1 option and Gerald Wallace is very good but can't shoot to save his life!!!So in my opinion we'll see Adam Morrison avg close to or more than 20 PPG this next season..
ilovethemavz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

He'd prolly average around 16-17pts a game. Felton, who's probably ready to start now, will get his shot and so will Okafor and May...thats the only think i see that holds Morrison back from 20ppg.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

I agree
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

Default 20

he might I mean Okafor isn't a prolific scorer and neither is Felton so like 18-20 is very doable given the makeup of the team. Wallace always fades toward the end of the game and Morrison was brought in by Jordan to pick up that fourth quarter slack. That deferrment in the 4th should give him enough touches to get like 18-20 points a game. Depending on how well he transitions to the L Morrison can score 20 or more points he's that good of a scorer.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #5
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

He will for sure ..him or randy foye for rookie of the year ..hes got a better chance than foye though i feel
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

So does Gerald Wallace backup Morrison now? Or is Morrison going to try and play SG?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
ilovethemavz
I airball my layups

umm why not Wallace at SG???
Old 06-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #8
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Default ....

I definately see them moving Wallace. It's already established Morrison's playing the 3. I think 20 a game is definately realistic considering there are really no scorers on this team. Felton can light it up? This isn't the ACC, I didn't see Felton lighting up much of anything last year.
Lotsadimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
ilovethemavz
I airball my layups

When Felton got a chance he definitley lit it up!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Default ..............

His season high is what Morrison will prolly average this year. They're not gonna defer from Morrison to go to Felton.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Felton did really well at the end of the season. he scored: 30, 23, 28, 15, 20 17, 20, 10, 14, 27, with 8+ assist avg. It wasn't on great % but the guy can score
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #12
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsadimes
I definately see them moving Wallace. It's already established Morrison's playing the 3. I think 20 a game is definately realistic considering there are really no scorers on this team. Felton can light it up? This isn't the ACC, I didn't see Felton lighting up much of anything last year.

Why would we move Gerald. Morrison will play the 2 on offense, and 3 on defense trading up with Gerald. He hides Geralds shaky jumper and helps space out the floor and gives us 2 good shooters in our stating line-up when combined with Felton. He very well might score 20, depending on if we dont bring in another starting caliber swing this summer.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #13
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Default .........

Guess those numbers by Felton weren't bad, but those we put up when the Bobcats were long out of the playoff race playing in meaningless games. I think maybe 2letters is right the point I'm trying to make is Morrison is they're number one option. Him and Okafor I believe are looked at as the cornerstones of the frachise.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #14
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Felton
Morrison
Wallace
Okafor
Brezec

That is a nice team of role players to build on.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:50 PM   #15
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsadimes
Guess those numbers by Felton weren't bad, but those we put up when the Bobcats were long out of the playoff race playing in meaningless games. I think maybe 2letters is right the point I'm trying to make is Morrison is they're number one option. Him and Okafor I believe are looked at as the cornerstones of the frachise.

You say taht like we ever were in the playoff right. Newsflash - we weren't. From day 1 we knew we had a minute chance of making the playoffs. We play to improve and show our talent. Felton's numbers aren't a fluke, there legit, he really is the real thing. Watch a few Bobcats games and you'll know exactly what I mean.

As far as our cornerstones right now its a 4some of Felton, Meka, Morrison and Wallace with no one yet distancing themselves to be "the guy" yet.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: