Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rockies/Red Sox series thread

who ya'll got?

I got Red Sox in 6 (sorry Randy). Their pitching is just too good, everyday players too experienced, etc. Much like Detroit last year, the time off will hurt Colorado's momentum.

By the way, what's the deal with them ONLY selling tickets online? Why aren't they selling any at the box office?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Wizardly Cool

Default Re: Rockies/Red Sox series thread

As much as I'd love to see Colorado win the World Series - I'm taking Boston winning in 6 games.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far

I'm with you guys - Red Sox in 6.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sox in five
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
who ya'll got?

I got Red Sox in 6 (sorry Randy). Their pitching is just too good, everyday players too experienced, etc. Much like Detroit last year, the time off will hurt Colorado's momentum.

By the way, what's the deal with them ONLY selling tickets online? Why aren't they selling any at the box office?

Don't even speak of the ticket sales. I had 6 computers and one laptop up trying to get them. I'm sure brokers in LA and NYC have half of them and are now selling them 10x face value. The Rockies really stiffed their fans over on this one. I'm so F'in pissed at them.

Rockies in 6. If they lose, I will not post until Thanksgiving.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

It is getting easier and easier to despise the red sox every year. Still should take the series though. Man to man they are so much better.

But, the 2-3-2 format is awkward. Say they split the first two in beantown, then and the rockies somehow take 2 of 3 at home...
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Rockies in 6. If they lose, I will not post until Thanksgiving.

Randy, care to make an avvy bet? It wouldn't go into effect until after Thanksgiving, and it would last until Christmas Eve.

What do you say?

You take the Rockies, I take the Sox.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

The Rockies have been sweeping their rivals since the beginning of the Play-off, right? I wish the Red Sox would avoid it, or the series will be extremely boring.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 10-24-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
Wizardly Cool

Randy is thinking about this avvy bet LOL.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm taking the red sox in 6 too
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Randy is thinking about this avvy bet LOL.

Actually just got to school.

I'll make that bet. You're not a Red Sox fan though so where's the fun?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Hurlyburly
Banned

Hurlyburly has no real reputation yet.

I predict Red Sox forfeit. They have no heart and no skill and are the luckiest team in the league. They are an affront to all that is decent in sports with their long hair and happy go lucky attitudes!

Oops, sorry, I had a bitter Qwyjibo moment.

I predict a 7 game series and depending on who takes the mound that 7th game for their respective team, they will win. I'm a Sox fan, but we already got ours. Of course I want them to win, but I wouldn't be upset if the Rockies win. They're a great story and a great team.
Hurlyburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
They have no heart and no skill and are the luckiest team in the league.

Never said anything close to that. The Red Sox are clearly the better team going into this series. Just because I hate them and their fan base doesn't mean I don't see things clearly when it comes to seeing who is better.

I hope the Rockies win though. A 4-2 series win with a devastating clinching game in Fenway would be great. I want to see to see tears on the young Red Sox fans faces.

Starting pitching: Red Sox >>>>> Rockies
Bullpen: Rockies > Red Sox
Lineup: Red Sox >= Rockies
Defense: Rockies >> Red Sox

If I had money on it: Red Sox win it easily 4-1. The NL could get a lucky run like they did last year but it still sucks.

But since I don't, Rockies in 6.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think itll be sox in 5. although sox in 4 wouldnt surprise me.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It doesn't matter how much better you think the Red Sox are because the Rockies have forgotten how to lose. Boston is going to have to kick ass, not just show up at the ball park.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: