Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rockies/Red Sox series thread

Is Ortiz playing first and Youkillis going to the outfield? That would be a very intersting 3 games in Coors.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Coors OF is so spacious. I think we'll get some laughs from Manny Ramirez bumbling around out there.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
The Coors OF is so spacious. I think we'll get some laughs from Manny Ramirez bumbling around out there.

Yeah : . Did Hurdle announce whether it's Morales or Cook?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #19
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lets Go Rockies!!!!!!!!!!

Boston = The Evil Empire Deux
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Rockies in 5. David Ortiz will have to play first base a minimum of two times, and probably three. Wakefield is not on the roster, which hurts the Sox since Wakefield is a guy that does not lose his composure. This Dice-K guy should worry Sox fans. He gets credit for the game 7 win, but he did not pitch all that well.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #21
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

a point that was brought up on ESPN radio (I won't pretend to take credit for this one) was the fact that the Rockies will have an extra HITTER, obviously, in the AL ballpark. Also, I firmly believe that losing the services of Youkilis/Ortiz in the NL park is a crushing blow. Yeah, you can always pinch hit with one or the other, but that's 3/4 quality AB's GONE from the lineup, just like that..........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #22
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
a point that was brought up on ESPN radio (I won't pretend to take credit for this one) was the fact that the Rockies will have an extra HITTER, obviously, in the AL ballpark. Also, I firmly believe that losing the services of Youkilis/Ortiz in the NL park is a crushing blow. Yeah, you can always pinch hit with one or the other, but that's 3/4 quality AB's GONE from the lineup, just like that..........

Very good point. Which is why(Randy would probably agree with this) if the Red Sox do not go back to Colorado up 2-0, they are in big, BIG trouble.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wakefield would get crushed in cold Colorado. His knuckleball would do absolutely nothing there. Losing him for the series doesn't hurt THAT much.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Wakefield would get crushed in cold Colorado. His knuckleball would do absolutely nothing there. Losing him for the series doesn't hurt THAT much.

That also means Beckett will potentially start three games should it go seven.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Redsox should win this series in 6. But I bet $1,000 on Colorado to win the WS at +180. Odds were too good to pass up. Even if I lose it I can make up the money during the week (taking Vtech to beat BC and PEnn State to beat OSU).

But who knows this series could be similar to the Dbacks vs Yanks from the standpoint no one gave Dbacks that much of a chance. I mean not to compare Dbacks to Rockies but the whole large payroll, popular team vs low payroll, wow they made it thing to me is the same. I didnt expect Dbacks to win it all. Did anyone? Last couple WS champs outside of Boston havent been teams i pegged to win it all. Just saying maybe Colorado continues its hot streak and SI writes a nice story. Maybe not.

Quote:
Lineup: Red Sox >= Rockies

Not lookin at either numbers top to bottom I do believe Rockies got more than 2 producers ala Manny/Big Papi are to Boston. Got some run producers in that lineup led by MVP candidate Matt Holiday...I give the edge to Colorado. Slight edge however.

Also factor in speed...that'll be a factor i think. Edge Rockies. If Colorado wants to win this WS they must contain Manny/Big Papi (easier said than done but they did it interleague play surprisingly) and steal either Game 1 or 2 in Boston because they have 3 games in Colorado 3-4-5. One thing i expect is lots of runs so people should be attracted. Both teams can put up runs. Hope the layoff for Colo doesnt affect them too much.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Very good point. Which is why(Randy would probably agree with this) if the Red Sox do not go back to Colorado up 2-0, they are in big, BIG trouble.

If it's 1-1 or 2-0 Colorado, the series is over. I know the Red Sox are known lately for their playoff comebacks but I don't see it happening in Denver.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The key is to just get ahead of hitters whether it's Manny/Ortiz or garbage like Lugo. No one on Cleveland could do this other than Westbrook. Carmona completely fell apart in that series because he started off every hitter 1-0 or 2-0. The Red Sox had the 2nd best OBP in the league this year. They are smart hitters who don't give up a lot of outs. You must get ahead and make them expand the strike zone or you are screwed no matter how good of "stuff" you have (Sabathia and Carmona).
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #28
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
If it's 1-1 or 2-0 Colorado, the series is over. I know the Red Sox are known lately for their playoff comebacks but I don't see it happening in Denver.

1-1 isn't good for the Sox, but down 0-2, they'd definitely be done. That, combined with the fact David Ortiz has to play 2-3 games at first base, no green monster, Beckett pitching game 4 and not starting again until game 7(if they make it that far).

Attention Red Sox: If you want a good shot at winning, win BOTH games in Boston.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The worst things fans can do is ASSume a team is done down 1-1 or even 2-0. It aint over until you win 4. Cant really stress that enough. With the way these two teams have been playing why would anyone count them out until the WS is officially a done deal? Beats me. I dont care if the Sox are down 3-0...you can paint the picture that coming back to win 4 straight is tough but guess what? Redsox have the lineup and arms to do it. You can say it happened last series wont happen again...and it ends up happening. You have a better time saying the Redsox are just a better team and SHOULD win the series moreso thans aying a series is over if a team is down 2-0.

Lets be unbiased and reasonable here.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The worst things fans can do is ASSume a team is done down 1-1 or even 2-0. It aint over until you win 4. Cant really stress that enough. With the way these two teams have been playing why would anyone count them out until the WS is officially a done deal? Beats me. I dont care if the Sox are down 3-0...you can paint the picture that coming back to win 4 straight is tough but guess what? Redsox have the lineup and arms to do it. You can say it happened last series wont happen again...and it ends up happening. You have a better time saying the Redsox are just a better team and SHOULD win the series moreso thans aying a series is over if a team is down 2-0.

Lets be unbiased and reasonable here.

To add to that point you made.........if the Sox are down 3-0, they will pitch Beckett/Schilling on short rest (in all likelihood--but I'm not Francona and I don't know what his plan would be for such a hole). Beckett goes game 4, Schilling would go game 5, hope and pray for game 6 with whoever pitches, and your ace (and everyone else) goes balls-out for game 7. Really, a 3-0 deficit isn't insurmountable, not when you have 2 ace arms, plenty of 4 game winning streaks during the regular season to draw back on, and the experience of having done it before (in '04).

Can't go wrong with your aces pitching 3/4 final games if they somehow land in an 0-3 hole.......
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: