Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I Have A Problem With Bill Cosby.

Bill Cosby used to be as you stated "a poor ass black child from the ghetto" you think he's been famous forever. He from the hood in Philadelphia, and found a way to get.

He's trying to put it through these knuckle headed fools that you don't have to coon your way on BET and other stations.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #17
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
black folks have serious issues and we dont need other black people standing around beating us over the head and NOT helping.. the white community is different than the black community... when a white person kills somebody, the whole race doesnt get blamed for it... White People dont have to defend themselves as a race everytime someone white does something...

Black folks are in a different situation....We need EVERYONE to help and Bill Cosby is a guy who should know this... We are moving out of the age where people just get to talk and give opinions but never do anything real behind their talk...Trashing your own people and not lending a hand is not acceptable... (At least not to the people)

i agree 100 percent.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Bill Cosby used to be as you stated "a poor ass black child from the ghetto" you think he's been famous forever. He from the hood in Philadelphia, and found a way to get.

He's trying to put it through these knuckle headed fools that you don't have to coon your way on BET and other stations.

theres ways to criticize the black community. its another to go on corporate white tv shows and insult them and bully them. now let me ask u something do u agree with how bill cosby insult black people?
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #19
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Whitlock used to bother me, but now he has become a caricature of what he is trying to be... His articles are getting ricidulous and even laughable...

He recently had the nerve to talk about Muhammad Ali and why he was a hero as compared to a bojangling Larry Johnson and Chad Johnson... Guess what? its Hip hop's fault : I bullsh*t you not....

the thing that makes me laugh is the fact that he dared utter Ali's name... Ali and Jim Brown and those guys would spit on Whitlock if they were in their primes playing and he was writing about them... he is the exact opposite of what those stood for...
He didn't bother me that much at first and I would just read it and generally ignore it, until I came across an article where he generally confirmed my suspicions, talking about how much love mail he gets from white people when he spouts off on the media. And then I found a video link of him in some debate format discussion forum and he was getting roasted every time he attempted to challenge someone and present his retarded ass point of view.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Black folks are in a different situation....We need EVERYONE to help
not taking a side on this issue so don't be offended, but can i ask you if, maybe cosby is trying to change this type of thinking within the black community? that as long as the community thinks it's different it will be treated different for good and bad?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well the community is right in thinking it's different so I think they should act accordingly.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #22
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Back In Shape has not been impressing people

Being an apologist for any group or race only strengthens the opinion leader's power as an individual, it does nothing for the people except weaken them. Bill Cosby gets this, sadly a lot of people don't. It's cool though, let the black leaders keep making excuses as other races strengthen themselves with inward examination.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #23
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

I've always had a problem with the "If I can do it, why can't you" attitude that the Bill Cosbys and Larry Elders of the world try to carry. Opportunities vary greatly for different people.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #24
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

I've met cool black people and obnoxious white people. Here is my opinion on Cosby:

He is bashing the blacks that don't have any intentions of improving the quality of their lives. He bashes the ones that commit crimes and do nothing to contribute to society. I feel he is bashing the pieces of ****, but giving no credit to the ones that work hard, obey the law, and are otherwise good people. What he should be doing is praising the good ones as well. He has every right to bash the pieces of ****, but at least give credit where credit is due.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Fact is, there are far more decent hard-working law abiding black people who are making great contributions to America as whole than there are thugs. Problems is that the negative aspect of Black culture is getting more headlines and attention. Look at sports for instance. T.O. only gets mentioned when he says or does something controversial, yet it's a fact that he does all kinds of things for the underpriviledged but you never hear about it. At the same time we are flooded with puff pieces on the likes of Tedy Bruschi to represent "what's good" about our modern day athletes.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #26
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

Bill cosby is a living legend, very funny guy but eat too much fried chicken.
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Shape
Being an apologist for any group or race only strengthens the opinion leader's power as an individual, it does nothing for the people except weaken them. Bill Cosby gets this, sadly a lot of people don't. It's cool though, let the black leaders keep making excuses as other races strengthen themselves with inward examination.

That's a crock of shit.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #28
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

so u have aproblem with the guy cuz he wants to help his people stop spreading hate and violence to the their community?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #29
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Bill Cosby is right. Did he have to make a grandstand probably not...

Stop making babies, get a job, educate yourself and your children, stop looking for help and help yourself, stop blaming people for choices you made, stop spending money on material things and spend money on educating yourself and your family, stop thinking education and english is white. Stop shooting, robbing, and killing each other. You can go on and on.

If this message is considered kicking someone while they are down so be it.

There was a time the black community was a community an extension of your own house. Helping each other. Thats not easy these days.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Fact is, there are far more decent hard-working law abiding black people who are making great contributions to America as whole than there are thugs. Problems is that the negative aspect of Black culture is getting more headlines and attention. Look at sports for instance. T.O. only gets mentioned when he says or does something controversial, yet it's a fact that he does all kinds of things for the underpriviledged but you never hear about it. At the same time we are flooded with puff pieces on the likes of Tedy Bruschi to represent "what's good" about our modern day athletes.

T.O. got himself an article in the paper when he wrote a book about sharing called, "Little T learns to share." I was at his book signing and the kids were going crazy over him. One of my friend's little brother asked, "Who do you like better? Tony Romo or Drew Bledsoe." Of course T.O. played it safe and said something along the lines of, "The coach felt a new change in quaterback was right for the team and it was a hard decision."
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: