Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #31
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: I Have A Problem With Bill Cosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Fact is, there are far more decent hard-working law abiding black people who are making great contributions to America as whole than there are thugs. Problems is that the negative aspect of Black culture is getting more headlines and attention. Look at sports for instance. T.O. only gets mentioned when he says or does something controversial, yet it's a fact that he does all kinds of things for the underpriviledged but you never hear about it. At the same time we are flooded with puff pieces on the likes of Tedy Bruschi to represent "what's good" about our modern day athletes.

ted bruschi got the exposure cuz he overcame a serious illness and persevered. theres plenty of athletes white and black who do charitable work like TO and dont get the headlines. mike miller for one and plenty of others. and they dont have the negative headlines that TO has at times so why should he be praised more than the rest?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #32
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

the black ruling class sold out its own people to gain power, in the same way that the white ruling class has
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
So African Americans have no right to formulate an opinion of their own people and express it freely? I thought this was America.

If a famous white man goes public about how much he is disgraced by the white community, whatever... who cares. When a black man does it... OMG.

Bill Cosby has the freedom to say what ever he wants in the same fashion that the OP has the freedom to say what he wants to about Cosby.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #34
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

and furthermore, does such a white man even exist?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #35
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

I like him as a comedian and his show but I disagree with what hes saying overall. I don't know why race is such a huge issue in society though. in the future everyone will be 1 race.
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #36
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickness
I like him as a comedian and his show but I disagree with what hes saying overall. I don't know why race is such a huge issue in society though. in the future everyone will be 1 race.

Explain?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #37
Quickness
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Explain?

Scientist mentioned this at one point I believe and on mind of mencia. apparently at some point of time probably not in our existence everyone will be one race due to interracial marriages. but I hate any form of racism. just think of micheal jackson are you gonna hate him for being white or black? its just the outside.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #38
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Scientist mentioned this at one point I believe and on mind of mencia. apparently at some point of time probably not in our existence everyone will be one race due to interracial marriages. but I hate any form of racism. just think of micheal jackson are you gonna hate him for being white or black? its just the outside.

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah people always say things liked that, that because of interracial marriage there will only be one race, but usually when people say that they have black/white in mind. They forget about the other hundreds of races on the earth, but i see what youre sayin.

For future reference I'd leave Mind of Mencia out when you're referencing scientific sources haha
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #39
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

My main problem with Cosby is that he harps on the urban vernacular and wants people to talk a certain way. Thats stupid. Thats not how languages work.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #40
Quickness
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Ohhh gotcha. Yeah people always say things liked that, that because of interracial marriage there will only be one race, but usually when people say that they have black/white in mind. They forget about the other hundreds of races on the earth, but i see what youre sayin.

For future reference I'd leave Mind of Mencia out when you're referencing scientific sources haha

trust me I wouldn't use that in a speech to the public
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #41
Quickness
High School Starter

this is bills gangsta rap

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cosbyrap
Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #42
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
My main problem with Cosby is that he harps on the urban vernacular and wants people to talk a certain way. Thats stupid. Thats not how languages work.
he wants black men to stop calling thier woman bi-tches and thier buddies ni-ggas

he wants black women to stop cussing in front of thier 5 year old children

and I can see where he is coming from

I hope my kids speak proper English....it is really hard to get a respectable job other than being a rapper or an athlete if you talk like your from Compton.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #43
Quickness
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he wants black men to stop calling thier woman bi-tches and thier buddies ni-ggas

he wants black women to stop cussing in front of thier 5 year old children

and I can see where he is coming from

I hope my kids speak proper English....it is really hard to get a respectable job other than being a rapper or an athlete if you talk like your from Compton.

and guess who started calling them ni-ggas? whos to blame the white community but thats not my point. etiquette is overrated. I agree that they shouldn't be cussing at there kids. but there to strict on this ****. if youve seen south park they have this whole ni-gga guy episode where they ban the word ni-gger guy but not the word ni-gger. its just showing how corrupt the whole world is
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #44
final.wrath
Banned

who funds BET and the image they perpetuate? what about the record companies that promote "gangsta rap" albums?

What kind of political operations have been undertaken against the black community since the CoIntelPro agents working against Martin Luther King and Malcomb X in the 60's?

Why do you think black music like this would never be funded by a major record company? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKnp6XsCo4

Last edited by final.wrath : 10-26-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #45
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
and guess who started calling them ni-ggas? whos to blame the white community

divide and conquer. they WANT you to be angry with "the white man". that way they ensure that we'll never work together.
same thing is true about white people hating black people. the media perpetuates a cultural image that will keep racism going strong.

they don't want you to focus on the corrupt politicians and black leaders that are perpetuating the cycle of poverty, crime, and violence.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: