Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Slaghter in Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
Yes, Oded Katash is the head coach of the team, but he lost only because he dosen't keeping a soild game plannings such as: how to use Marcus Fizer who is Way-More better than Vujcic and the rest of the big men playing in Europe (let's don't forget what the man have done in his entire basketball carear), he don't seem to know how to use Terrence Morris with Fizer on the court on the same time, but you will see he will sucssessfuly will fix it and achived what he wants to do, and I want to tell you that Vujcic was nothing in this game, Will Bynom was best of Maccabi players, he done things that the Lithunain team could'nt stop or compete with, his skills of dunks and quick un-planned moves are suprising and have suprised the other team all night long.
And about the whole-Elton Brown thing, you should know that he dose'nt wants to play elsewhere outsied the United States so it's not an "Image Problems", that caused him to skip the options to play in the Israeli League but the desire to get a contract in the NBA through basing himself as a leading player and gain more experience in the NBDL (in this case), and you can find an NBA and an NBADL player who won the NBDL Championship last year/season who came all the way to Israel and signed with Ironi Ramat Gan, Jerome Beasley, you know why did he done it because his goal unlike the one of Brown is to earn and get more money because he sees it as a business, so how can you explain it (or call it an "image problems" of the league in one of your posts).
And if you really want to see that the league is cometetive (with or without Maccabi Tel Aviv in it) you should keep watching the game results, and then you'll see for yourself, and still you and your louzy ****ing friends opened a thread about the Phillipinese Basketball league and think it to be "good" and competitive more than the rest of the leagues out side the NBA and the American Basketball Leagues.
i cannot find the phrase "image problems " in any of my posts.I have nothing to do with any post about the phillipine league,I don't anything about that league so I am in no position to comment.Vujicic is maccabi's best player by far!he reads the game far better than any point guard.Fizer?mm you said all the great players in europe played in israel first,where did Fizer play last year I wonder??mid table ACB team.
cheers.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
You did'nt said it clearly, but you (have) referd to it with your own words, allthough you used other words, that is what you mean in your last post.
And if you want to talk about Marcus Fizer, go on and open a thread about him, but you should know that as far as I know he is one of the best players playing out of the NBA today.
And about your will and issue to add and compare the ACB league during the entire thread, you should remember that I have asked you to only refere/discuss and talk about the Israeli League and no-other league in the world exept the Israeli League.
Never said Fizer wasn't good,you are also now saying that what you said I said was only what you think I said.mm confusing.Well my discussion about the league ends here,I predict maccabi to win the double.
Thanks for the discussion.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #18
ariel64
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

DArn it! ashkeon just lost to afullla cause of the a-hole

refs/

arg!!!

any way if we talk about the pkayers who played here and now playing in a strong team you might remindL

KELLY MC'CARTY
ARIEL MC'DONALD
SARONS JASKIVICIUS(OR JUST SARAS)
NDUDI EBI-whos currently play is ramat-gan
and plenty more!
ariel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
If the Israeli League is "not-so good" as you say, so how can it be that all the French 1st division's teams are signing all the waived players from Israel, explain that, you latin ass-hole!!!!

The latest news from Israel:

*Or Eithan, who left BC Chole from the Franch division 1 (by his request), have returned to Israel and currently his agents are checking offers from Europe for him, while in Israel he is wanted by Hapoel Galil Elyon allthough his promise in the radio last year that if he will leave France and will play in Israel, he will have to do it with his hometown team, Hapoel Gilboa/Afula who is checking the option to sign him, as well.
*Hapoel Galil Elyon is still have to sign a forigener Center, and it's roster is still not-closed because of the fact that all the American players that they have signed in the summer have been injured or didn't get along with the coach.
*Hapoel Holon is still looking after an American Center, as they have done all summer looking for a center and even set terms with Estaban Batista (who decided to ditch them in the last moment) and even convinced Malvin Ely to agree their terms and come play in Israel if he won't be signed with an NBA team (this have happen), they are currently in a hunt for one of the NBA Preseason's centers.
*Two Israeli leading clubs will play tonight in the Uleb Cup:
Hapoel Galil Elyon - Gomadan (Austria -who is coached by an Israeli coach).
Hapoel Jerusalem -Shtrasburg (France - that have Israeli player in it and an American player that played in Israel).
*Maccabi Tel Aviv: Nickola Vujcic is out for 4-6 weeks due to an injuree, and Maccabi Tel Aviv will have to face off Efes Pilsen of the Israeli-American coach David Blatt (who coach Maccabi Tel Aviv in the past, and led the Russian National Team to win the EuroBasket 2007 title earlier this summer) in the Euroleague close match.
First of all I never insulted you.So why do you have to insult me,secondly what makes you think i am latin,thirdly did i ever mention the french league as a strong league?You guys are always on the defensive never able to take criticism its the same in politics , anybody has an argument against israeli apartheid! and straight away instead of giving their side of their argument in a civilized educated manner they come out accussing people and insulting.You are no use mate.You are a microcosm of your country's attitude.
I hate mixing politics and sports but the striking similarity in the defensive attitude is too great to ignore.I am an educated person and I still won't insult you even though you have done nothing but.You won't be hearing from me.this is a forum for people who love basketball to discuss,agree or disagree it doesn't matter not for uneducated folk to come out and insult.bye.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #20
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
Just that you'll know: I'm American, you ***** wija, and I have opened this thread for discussion between the members and not as a political issue as you think so and severe, and here in the States all the people know Israel well enough so they don't have to listen to what you said.

And now for yesterday's results and signings:

Uleb Cup's first match:

*Hapoel Galil Elyon -Suans Gomadan: 74 - 79 (at Galil, the Galil kept on a close game almost all game long agaist the American players of the Austrian Champion, who used them as their "ultimatesand main players" while their local players have been more like a roll-players, before they have missed a wining play and also because they still missing a Center).
*Hapoel Jerusalem - Starsburg: 74-73 (at Jerusalem, the French team have kept on a close game before the Israeli team, that like them are struggling in their local league, have start to blast them off and won the close game).
*Or Eithan have signed with Hapoel Galil Elyon, just before of the European game.
In discussions their are disagreements you don't take kindly to any disagreement.So don't discuss then.As I see u still keep insulting me as i assume the stars are for a censored word as for wija I don't have a scooby what it means mate!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #21
ariel64
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Ashkelon's coach oder berkowitz has left his job after onlly 3 games. His assistant will replace him next game.
Dror Ozeri who were the the ast.couch 2 years ago might take the lead


ariel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Israeli basketball is addictive and it's the most physical style of basketball to watch. The BSL isn't competitive to the nba, ACB or Greece but it's one the better second tier leagues and it's got a lot of players with the right coaching could make the transition to the best leagues. The BSL could help themselves if Hapoel Jerusalem would play in the euroleague and Ironi Naharyia with Bnei Hasharon would play in the ULEB.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

[quote=b.jerk]Israeli basketball is addictive and it's the most physical style of basketball to watch. The BSL isn't competitive to the nba, ACB or Greece but it's one the better second tier leagues and it's got a lot of players with the right coaching could make the transition to the best leagues. The BSL could help themselves if Hapoel Jerusalem would play in the euroleague and Ironi Naharyia with Bnei Hasharon would play in the ULEB.[/QUOTAt last someone in this forum with a more accurate description of the israeli league.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #24
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

About Maccabi, what's with Omri Casspi he's playing a lot worse than he did last year is something like a growth spurt effecting his game.

What do you think about the weird statements Greg Popovich made about Omri Casspi. I don't think Casspi has played well enough to earn Greg Popovich's approval but Greg Popovich is smarter than his peers.

Last edited by b.jerk : 12-12-2007 at 05:00 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #25
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABAZACKSHOOLA
How can you say it about this league, the Israeli league is one of the greatest leagues in the world, look at Better-Basketball.com advertise (they are using a pictures and screenshots of a game of Maccabi Tel Aviv against Hapoel Jerusalem), look at the amount of players with an Israeli record playing in the NBA, the league's level and the ammount of players in the highest levels that are playing or played in the past in this league, unless how can you explain that a team like Ashkelon have signed most of the NBA free-agents last year, or the fact that ESPN is still trying to buy the rights to broadcast the Israeli League in the USA, or the fact that Lee Nailon have ditched the upcoming scouts of CSKA Mosscow, Dynamo Mosscow and Tau Vitoria last year because he prefered to play in Israel and almost set his terms with Hapoel Holon this summer or the fact that this league is much more tited to the NBA than any league there is (Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Jerusalem having a summer contact with the NBA for an exebinhition games) how teams bringing players such as Dion Glover, Tang Hamilton or even AJ Guyton (that you ahve speaked of lately) for tests while those guys are still looking after a contract in the NBA.

the Spainish league is no better, it has three teams in it with a 18 million Dollars budget (THAT ARE SUPPORTED BY A LARGE GOVERMENOTOAL BANKS) while some of the lower side of the league have barely a 1.5 million Dollars budget (while in Israel there are six teams with this kind of budget) a thing that makes this league into a totall-not-compatitive league (look in the results: a high scores and gaps in the games of the leading team versus the mid-low level teams), in the Greek league there are 2 teams that are hold by billionaire families that "using their Basketball teams as a hobby" (Olympiacos and Panathinaikos) and one team based on comapanies as sponssers (Aris Theseloniki) while the rest of the league stinks and have barely a budget in the size of Ironi Ramat Gan or Elitzur Ashkelon, and not to mention the high frequently of players getting contracts and released in the Greek League, and the Italian league is based on sponsers that can collapse the teams if they decided to and they're almost never calming down with their "waiving and signing" players movment.

If you wanna track the games results up enter this link: http://www.flashscore.com/basketball/israel/

Uleb Cup game 4 results:

*Hapoel Galil Elyon - Zeleznik: 65-93 (at Montenegro).
*Hapoel Jerusalem -Zadar: 84 -83 (at Jerusalem, Marcus Slaghter have scored from the line 0.4 seconds to the end).

A "stucked" match result:

* Hapoel Afula/Gilboa - Hapoel Holon: 80-76 (at Holon).

FIBA Eurocup 2nd early round:

* Ironi Nahariya - Barrons Riga: 83 -80 (at Nahariya, the Israeli team kicked their ass but won't take part in the EuroCup thanks to FIBA's rules to beat your oppenenet by a higher score than the gap).

Euroleague game 5 result:

*Maccabi Tel Aviv - Aramani Jeans Millano: 82 -81 (at Millano, Terence Morris have made a winning basket move just seconds to the finish, and secured Maccabi Tel Aviv's first victory in Europe this season).

Latest Rummors:

*Jamie Arnold was announced ULEB Cup MVP for the 2nd week in a row.
*Ramel Curry is being watched by servel teams from Italy, those teams have already asked Hapoel Jerusalem for a buy-out of the Gaurd that was the 3rd leading scorer in the Italian league.
You go on about budgets but then say hapoel jerusalem didn't enter the euroleague because of the budget.Nevermind its not about the money,I know there is money in the israeli league and also rate the league and its national squad always have.What I have been saying is that it is not as competitive because maccabi win all the time.
As for comparing it with acb:
ULEB.
Spanish teams
DKV Joventut 6 and 0
Akasvayu Girona 5 and 1
Pamesa valencia 5 and 1
gran canaria 4 and 2
israeli teams
Elan Chalon 2 and 4
Galil elyon 1 and 5
hapoel jerusalem 3 and 3
Euroleague
spanish teams
AXA Barcelona 6 and 2
real madrid 6 and 2
Unicaja 6 and 2
Tau 5 and 3
israeli team
maccabi 6 and 2

The same history as always.Maccabi strong the rest not so strong.These are facts.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #26
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
You go on about budgets but then say hapoel jerusalem didn't enter the euroleague because of the budget.Nevermind its not about the money,I know there is money in the israeli league and also rate the league and its national squad always have.What I have been saying is that it is not as competitive because maccabi win all the time.
As for comparing it with acb:
ULEB.
Spanish teams
DKV Joventut 6 and 0
Akasvayu Girona 5 and 1
Pamesa valencia 5 and 1
gran canaria 4 and 2
israeli teams
Elan Chalon 2 and 4
Galil elyon 1 and 5
hapoel jerusalem 3 and 3
Euroleague
spanish teams
AXA Barcelona 6 and 2
real madrid 6 and 2
Unicaja 6 and 2
Tau 5 and 3
israeli team
maccabi 6 and 2

The same history as always.Maccabi strong the rest not so strong.These are facts.

I think israel has a bunch of nice little teams some nice young talent, if some of the nice young players given the resources and the opportunity could be great players in the nba and if the effort and money were spent on some of the smaller teams like Bnei Hasharon, Ironi Naharyia or Hapoel Holon could be good euroleague teams. My honest opinion is Maccabi does more to hinder israeli basketball than to help it by hiring foreigner and using it's best players for practice fodder. Israeli players are so distrustful of maccabi that Omri Casspi has an opt-out with his contract and Sharon Sasson with Yaniv Green refused to resign with maccabi.

Last edited by b.jerk : 12-14-2007 at 08:43 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #27
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I think maccabi has a bunch of nice little teams some nice young talent, if some of the nice young players given the resources and the opportunity could be great players in the nba and if the effort and money were spent on some of the smaller teams like Bnei Hasharon, Ironi Naharyia or Hapoel Holon could be good euroleague teams. My honest opinion is Maccabi does more to hinder israeli basketball than to help it by hiring foreigner and using it's best players for practice fodder. Israeli players are so distrustful of maccabi that Omri Casspi has an opt-out with his contract and Sharon Sasson with Yaniv Green refused to resign with maccabi.
Maccabi remind me of rangers and celtic football teams in scotland,only they have each other to beat atleast.
Casspi hasn't been given a lot of time in euroleague.Even Eliyahu doesn't seem to get any consistency.sometimes he plays a lot sometimes he doesn't play atall.with morris,fizer,batista and vujcic to comeback,he isn't going to get much minutes i suspect.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #28
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Maccabi remind me of rangers and celtic football teams in scotland,only they have each other to beat atleast.
Casspi hasn't been given a lot of time in euroleague.Even Eliyahu doesn't seem to get any consistency.sometimes he plays a lot sometimes he doesn't play atall.with morris,fizer,batista and vujcic to comeback,he isn't going to get much minutes i suspect.

I can say for the first time the israel actually has a nice little basketball league. Teams have figured out that if they play basketball the israeli way which is what I believe the right way, playing the most intense as possible, aggressive and using your body to get through the defender and to the basket on offense and using your body to be always be between the basket and the defender rather than the finesse game the way most european team play, then bsl teams have a good chance to beat maccabi. Cummings, Fizer, Vujcic, Sharp and Blumenthal haven't looked impressive this year in the bsl especially their last two game and if it wasn't for Casspi and Eliyahu for the first two games of the season maccabi would have a losing record in the bsl. Maccabi has a two game losing streak in the bsl and I'm curious how maccabi's core will perform at Asklelon because I think the bsl has figured maccabi out.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #29
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Marcus Fizer sprained his ankle because of David Blumenthal and most likely won't play against Rytas. Lior Eliyahu and Omri Casspi seemed happy that Marcus Fizer could be out of the rotation and they would most likely play more. It's not right but that's the mindset of a nba player.

Last edited by b.jerk : 12-19-2007 at 07:27 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #30
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Does anyone have an opinion about Casspigate? I don't agree with his father that Oded Kattash is jealous of Omri Casspi and I'm sure Oded Kattash is done with the "glory" during his playing day and if anything Oded Kattash only regret was not playing in the nba. I do think that maccabi and in particular Sherf does bully israeli players and takes them for granted, Yaniv Green and Sasson chose not to resign with maccabi where they could of made more money and veteran israeli players aren't willing to playing for Sherf with the national team. I also think maccabi plan of a nucleus of Omri Casspi, Lior Eliyahu and Yotam Halperin is unrealistic. All Omri Casspi has to do is show his ability in a workout and someone will draft him, Lior Eliayhu seem dissatisfied at maccabi and Yotam Halperin will most like play in Oklahoma City next year or the year after.

Last edited by b.jerk : 12-28-2007 at 06:28 AM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy