Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Arod opts out of contract

I've heard Cubs, Angels.. was it the Cubs where he might have asked (via his agent) for a percentage of ownership????

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I've heard Cubs, Angels.. was it the Cubs where he might have asked (via his agent) for a percentage of ownership????

It was the Cubs. I don't care where he goes, but I hope he suffers for it. Losing A-Rod isn't as bad as it seems, but the Yankees just lost the $21 million they received from the trade with the Rangers. He screwed the Yankees.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
It was the Cubs. I don't care where he goes, but I hope he suffers for it. Losing A-Rod isn't as bad as it seems, but the Yankees just lost the $21 million they received from the trade with the Rangers. He screwed the Yankees.

YAY!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
As a Yankee fan, an A-Rod/Lowell swap is the best thing that can happen. A-Rod can choke for Boston and the Yankees get a run producer and a guy that can actually play in the playoffs.

So a big downgrade in offense is a good thing for the Yankees? Only if they are for sure re-signing Posada and saving money for Sabathia or Santana.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #20
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
So a big downgrade in offense is a good thing for the Yankees? Only if they are for sure re-signing Posada and saving money for Sabathia or Santana.

They have plenty of offense as long as they re-sign Posada and Abreu. They need pitching.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #21
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Actually, to me, the bigger story is Arod asking for a percentage of a team as part of his compensation.

Is that going to be a trend? Do you see other big name players doing this across other sports?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I remember a couple years ago, the star had an article about how the rising Canadian currency allows ted rogers to raise the payroll without losing out in any other way... so lets hope he just ups the budget about 40% of last years' payroll ... but seriously, he would be the perfect over-the-hump type player to get the jays into the playoffs...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Actually, to me, the bigger story is Arod asking for a percentage of a team as part of his compensation.

That can't be done, it's against cap rules - that was just a bad rumor...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #24
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
That can't be done, it's against cap rules - that was just a bad rumor...

AHH... thank you man... I was really curious about that, so I appreciate you putting that to rest. It would have been a bad trend, IMO.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #25
ImCuterThanYou
Banned

ImCuterThanYou has an OK reputation so far

he's probably just opting out to re-sign with the yankees for more money

apparently they made him a big offer

the agent just wants other teams to show interest to drive his price up for the yankees

rangers must me happy though, they just saved like 25 million
ImCuterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #26
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Anyone know if this is true? Or do they get paid in Canadian currency (I'm ashamed I don't even know what it is called).

I know they players DO get Canadian tax breaks though, which is really attractive to them.

Are you kidding me? They're called dollars, dude. We're not Guatemala.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #27
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Red Sox win another World Series while Daddy Steinbrenner, Torre, ARod, and maybe Pettitte/Rivera/Posada are leaving.

Yankees are quickly becoming the new Knicks.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

giants have room for him, get him over here we dont care if he hits .200 in the postseason aslong as he gets us there
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #29
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCuterThanYou
he's probably just opting out to re-sign with the yankees for more money

apparently they made him a big offer

the agent just wants other teams to show interest to drive his price up for the yankees

rangers must me happy though, they just saved like 25 million
They said they wouldn't negotiate with him if he opted out for that exact reason. The Yankees lose all their f*cking money.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #30
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
As a Yankee fan, an A-Rod/Lowell swap is the best thing that can happen. A-Rod can choke for Boston and the Yankees get a run producer and a guy that can actually play in the playoffs.
Just as a hypothetical, what happens for Yankees fans if Rodriguez goes to the Red Sox and wins a title there?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: