Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #31
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Arod opts out of contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Just as a hypothetical, what happens for Yankees fans if Rodriguez goes to the Red Sox and wins a title there?

He'll find a way to screw them over.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #32
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
He'll find a way to screw them over.
Oh I don't doubt that.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #33
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

I could see the Cubs.

What about the Tigers? Aren't they moving Guillen to 1st? That leaves SS open. They're a solid contending team full of veteran players (Pudge,Magglio,Rogers,Sheff,Guillen,Polanco,etc) and A-rod would be a nice fit there.

Angels? They got the money.

I don't want to even think about Arod on the Red Sox. I wouldn't watch baseball if that happened.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #34
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cubs can't do anything unless the sale goes through.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 AM   #35
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I think the Sox are going to go after him hard. I think the Angels were another team that CAN actually sign the guy.

What a piece of crap he is. Nice timing. World Series finale is going on and they're talking A-Rod in the 8th inning. That irritated me.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #36
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
As a Yankee fan, an A-Rod/Lowell swap is the best thing that can happen. A-Rod can choke for Boston and the Yankees get a run producer and a guy that can actually play in the playoffs.

with such a strong pitching staff, A-Rod can choke all he want and Boston would probably still win the title.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #37
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

If A-Rod lands in Boston Yans need to some how and some way find a way to get Lowell.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #38
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

If ARod lands in Boston, the Yankees can say hello to not being contenders anymore in the East.

unless the Yanks get some power bats elsewhere and get some damned pitching
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #39
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Top destinations for A-Rod

1. MY Boston Redsox- W/ Lowell wanting a 4-5 year contract i don't think we'll be willing to offer that more around 2 years so there could be a void at 3b or even ss if we can ship lugo's bum ass somewhere.

2. Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem- They need a big bat to protect vlad and it showed when the sox but a whoopin on they're desimated line-up in the playoff's.

3. SF Giants- He can TRY and fill Barry's shoes, chase the hr king in his own town and the giants would have a center piece for they're team w/ barry leaving.

4. Detroit Tigers- Guillen is moving to 1b so they ss position is open and they don't mind spending money. A-rod could be that big bat they need to get over the top.

5. NY Mets- I've been hearing the might be interested but many would wonder where would they put him? you can either put him back at ss and move reyes to 2b OR move wright to 1st and put a-rod at 3B. They mets don't need him they need to go after johan.

Last edited by The GM : 10-29-2007 at 11:03 AM.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #40
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084583

it's gonna be the bluejays................ one can dream...

no chance.

Who is going to pay $30 million or more on a 5, 6, 7 year deal? Yankees are out. Boston, Chicago? Maybe.

LA? don't think so. SF to start the post-roid era? Don't think so, aren't they broke?

This opt out can't be about trying to get even more money. Must be about not wanting to be in NY....
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't want Rodriguez to come here. Let the Yankees ship their garbage to San Francisco...since the Sox "failed" to get the guy they've won two Championships. We used to have the "Curse of the Bambino." I call this the "Blessing of the Culero." Re-sign Mike Lowell and ignore all postseason chokers. Also, find a clever way to get rid of GagMe...I think he's Canadian, maybe Toronto will take him.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #42
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't want Rodriguez to come here. Let the Yankees ship their garbage to San Francisco...since the Sox "failed" to get the guy they've won two Championships. We used to have the "Curse of the Bambino." I call this the "Blessing of the Culero." Re-sign Mike Lowell and ignore all postseason chokers. Also, find a clever way to get rid of GagMe...I think he's Canadian, maybe Toronto will take him.

It's really sad what happened to him. He was easily the most dominant closer in the game for a long while.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #43
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It's really sad what happened to him. He was easily the most dominant closer in the game for a long while.
To me, it's like Renteria; some guys just can't play well here. Put him in a smaller market with a less obnoxious media and obsessed fan base and he probably plays great again (in the regular season, at least) but he can't stand the Boston pressure.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #44
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
...I think he's Canadian, maybe Toronto will take him.

Nah... just likes the strippers.

Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #45
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

I was refering to Eric Gagne, hence "GagMe."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: