Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade offers...

My team right now is (12 team Yahoo H2H standard cats and positions)

PG Rafer Alston
PG TJ Ford
PG Leandro Barbosa
PG Chauncey Billups
SG Ben Gordon
SG Raja Bell
SF,PF Shawn Marion
PF Drew Gooden
SF,PF Corey Brewer
SF,PF Luis Scola
C Andrew Bynum
C Marcus Camby
C Andris Biedrins

his team
Delonte West
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Andrei Kirilenko
Dirk Nowitzki
Ron Artest
Jermaine Oneal
Chris Kaman
Josh Childress
Stephen Jackson
Sebastian Telfair
Jamaal Magloire
Reggie Evans

So this guy is pretty desparate for a PG and kind of dumb I think. The weakness of my team is points probably. So I'm going to offer him Barbosa and Ben Gordon for Vince Carter and Kirilenko/stephen jackson (he might get confused by the horrible stats of ak47 last year but I think he's turning it around). Since that will most likely get rejected, should I offer billups for Carter straight up?

I think my other 3 PG's are pretty solid and its worth the increase in scoring and rebounds. If I had to choose between these two players, I would want Carter, so should I go ahead and offer it? Am I too thin in assists without billups and does carter add too many TOs?
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Trade offers...

So what do you think of Carter for Billups, helps my team?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I wouldn't look to deal Billups from your team. TJ Ford will get you assists, but he was injured a bit last year and he's always got Calderon nipping at his heels for PT. Alston had a great year last year, but there's a lot of competition in the backcourt for the Rockets and people are wondering about whether he'll emerge as their true point against the likes of Mike James and Steve Francis. Barbosa plays mostly at SG for Phoenix, and while he'll get you 4 assists a night and is an up-and-coming player, I wouldn't count him as a solid PG for your squad.

All that being said, you've got Gordon, Bell and Barbosa at SG already. If you're looking to upgrade to VC, I wouldn't put Billups in the conversation, as he's your only reliable 8-9 assists guy. Maybe you could lure VC away with some kind of package that includes a big and a shooter for him, like a Gordon/Bynum deal or something. I would just keep in mind that they are both young and poised to break out this year, while VC is only getting older and has just come off a contract year. It's just so hard to get assist guys, and I wonder if your team needs VC enough to deal away the strongest PG you have. Good luck.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

thanks for keeping me grounded, maybe I was just blinded by the big name scorer when all categories count equally
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: