Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

/\bstract has decent reputation/\bstract has decent reputation
Default Financially, how are you doing?

How are you guys doing financially? Please, no need to jump in and say "I'm rich bitch!" or "ni66a pleez, I got $$$ for days what you talkin' 'bout willis?" Are you doing just fine and then some, or are you feeling the pinch. Maybe you're somewhere in between.

The more and more I check out this board, the more and more I realize a lot of young kids post here. This topic may or may not apply to you. Feel free to share your situation too if you like.

Personally, I'm in a lot of financial trouble lately. Nothing too too bad, but I owe over $10k in credit card debt and I only make about $28k a year. Yes I know, low salary. I'm working on that. Times are just crazy for me right now. Here's what my situation looks like. All are "per month" figures.

Rent - $425
Car Payment - $720
Cable and Internet - $65
Cell Phone - $50
Utilities - $100 (on average)
Gas - $80
Groceries - $150
Car Insurance - $225
Credit Card Payments - $320

Total - $2100 (this is about the average)

My credit card bills just keep going up and up and up again. I pay a lot of things on my credit card, like my bills. This makes me want to pull my hair out and maybe even cut someone's throat if I'm in the mood. I guess I'm just way too stressed out and I can't seem to come up with a solution to fix my problems ...

I've even considered finding a new place to live where the rent is not so much. Maybe even cut back on eating brand name foods. Might start getting the store brand Hot Pockets and the off brand A1 sauce (stuff is very expensive). I really want NBA League Pass this year, but I may have to do without it ...

No one is helping me with my bills. I live by myself. I've thought about getting a roommate but I'm afraid they'll eat my groceries and play my sweet Playstation all day while I work my ass off to pay bills ...

I don't know what to do guys. Help a brotha out.
/\bstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Financially, how are you doing?

What the **** do you drive, a Maserati?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Wizardly Cool

You better start sucking on more than just that sucker if you want to pay off those bills.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

You left out Health Insurance.

Cloths? Furniture? Student Loans? Tickets? Dental?

This is why it pays to move in with your chick....
Single? ....... Get a roommate.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

I make about $700 a month.

$30 cell bill
$60 Gas
$45 Bowling
$150 food.

and thats all i have to pay.

I got a 91 honda i paid for in cash 2 years ago, and insurance I have to pay twice a year.

$720 for a car?

And why are you so much in debt?

Last edited by Wadeisabeast : 10-29-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

monthly income <=> 2400

rent - 800
groceries / dine out - 150 - 200
car - paid
gas - 80
cell - 40

rest - mine!
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
west_tip
Good High School Starter

west_tip has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by /\bstract
How are you guys doing financially? Please, no need to jump in and say "I'm rich bitch!" or "ni66a pleez, I got $$$ for days what you talkin' 'bout willis?" Are you doing just fine and then some, or are you feeling the pinch. Maybe you're somewhere in between.

The more and more I check out this board, the more and more I realize a lot of young kids post here. This topic may or may not apply to you. Feel free to share your situation too if you like.

Personally, I'm in a lot of financial trouble lately. Nothing too too bad, but I owe over $10k in credit card debt and I only make about $28k a year. Yes I know, low salary. I'm working on that. Times are just crazy for me right now. Here's what my situation looks like. All are "per month" figures.

Rent - $425
Car Payment - $720
Cable and Internet - $65
Cell Phone - $50
Utilities - $100 (on average)
Gas - $80
Groceries - $150
Car Insurance - $225
Credit Card Payments - $320

Total - $2100 (this is about the average)

My credit card bills just keep going up and up and up again. I pay a lot of things on my credit card, like my bills. This makes me want to pull my hair out and maybe even cut someone's throat if I'm in the mood. I guess I'm just way too stressed out and I can't seem to come up with a solution to fix my problems ...

I've even considered finding a new place to live where the rent is not so much. Maybe even cut back on eating brand name foods. Might start getting the store brand Hot Pockets and the off brand A1 sauce (stuff is very expensive). I really want NBA League Pass this year, but I may have to do without it ...

No one is helping me with my bills. I live by myself. I've thought about getting a roommate but I'm afraid they'll eat my groceries and play my sweet Playstation all day while I work my ass off to pay bills ...

I don't know what to do guys. Help a brotha out.

get rid of cable, get rid of the internet, dont eat out, if ur economic u should be able 2 halve that grocery bill, drive only where u have to, dont go 2 the bar, drink @home.

me, financially? im f####d, ive got a 1 year old and having a kid will turn your world upside down no matter how thrifty you are. hope this helps.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
You left out Health Insurance.
work benefits
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

you're driving a hell of a great car for someone who's earning 28k a year...
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fucking kids these days. Poor as hell, but driving a Lexus on 20's. At least you'll look good driving to the homeless shelter.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
you're driving a hell of a great car for someone who's earning 28k a year...

Yeah, that jumped out right away. Ditch the car, get something more economical. The proportion of car to everything else is not right. Between in insurance and car payment, you are at $1000, more than your living space/bills combined.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

9th grader unemployed live with my parents
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickness
9th grader unemployed live with my parents

Get a job you mooching hippie.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
conebone69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

conebone69 has an OK reputation so far

You are in some financial trouble my friend. 10 grand in credit card debt. You'll never get that paid off if you're making 28,000 a year. You're already spending more than you make. After taxes, you're taking home less than 1,000 every two weeks. Cut up the credit cards. Stop using them. Transfer the balances to credit cards offering interest free for 12-18 months. That way all the money you pay on the credit card goes towards principal and not interest. Right now, you're paying alot each month in interest. Ditch the car. No way you should have a $700+ car payment. The car you drive has to be ridiculously nice. I got a Volvo and you're paying double a month what I pay. A roommate would help with lowering rent and utilities but here's an idea: Get a second job to help you get stable financially. There is nothing wrong with working 20 or so extra hours a week.
conebone69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Groceries - $150

Are you the elf from Bad Santa? You must weight 93 pounds, because I don't know a single person that can live off 150 bucks a month for food.

You make 28 thousand and have 720 for Car Payments, horrible money management.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: