Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Financially, how are you doing?

I make $8.50 an hour.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #17
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm 6'2"/200, and I live on $80-100 a month in groceries. You can buy a lot of potatoes, corn, carrots, macaroni, hamburger helper, pasta, and meat for that much. I just don't buy juice/chips/cookies/pop any kind of snack at all really. I eat at dinner time and then the leftovers are tomorrow's lunch. Repeat. Life of a starving college student.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

/\bstract has decent reputation/\bstract has decent reputation

Did you people not see my user-name? Abstract! I'm not normal, therefore I can't be normal (which would entail doing financially stable things).

I honestly thought having the nice ride would help me get laid more, but it really doesn't. Going out at bars and whatnot, I would tell a girl what I drive, and nine times out of ten she would just roll her eyes. I don't get that. It's a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. I've been told it's a redneck car, but whatever. I like it.

Here's the story on my car. I got screwed. When I financed, I had terrible credit, and now my credit is even worse but that's not the point. I got the worst financing deal possible. That's why my payments are so much. Plus, the dealer talked me into a three year deal, instead of a 5 or 6 year deal. He said it was the only way they'd finance. Later I found out it was because these vehicles have horrible resale value and break down fast. That's why I'm not driving it much, keeping the miles down.

I want to get ride of the car, but I owe too much on it to sell it. No one wants to take it off my hands. And if I turn the car back in, it will destroy my credit even more, and I may have to file for bankruptcy. I can't do that. It will tarnish my good name. Last year, I lived with my ex-girlfriend. Those were the good times. It just sucked because I was lazy and wanted to play Playstation all day while she worked, and she told me to get a job. So I told her I had a job, worked less hours, which would mean me leaving after she leaves and then me getting home before she does everyday. She obviously didn't fall for that. I got busted and she kicked me out.

I like where I live, but I believe the rent is just too much. I think I can find someone else I can lay for head for less than $350 a month. Yes, it would be a roach motel apartment with ghetto kids outside playing and breaking my windows, but I really only want a place I can sleep and shower. I spend most of my time at work and out partying after work. On the weekends I may not even go home. As I'm typing all this, my hands are shaking because I'm realizing how much my life sucks. My job is garbage. I'm stuck with a car I can't afford. I don't have anyone to help me. I'm running on fumes right now. I feel like I want to snap.

Well, thanks for the help guys. Does anyone know where I can try to refinance my car where I can lower my monthly payments? Anything would be helpful. I have to go now, I have to work from 3 - 11 tonight and I didn't even get off last night until around midnight. I'm the head cashier at a local Wendy's here in Chester Montana.
/\bstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

telling girl you just met what kind of a car you drive won't help you get laid. just the opposite. even if it's a lambo.

many girls do dig money and cars, but that's not the way to convey it.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Rent - $425

Where do you live? Thats incredibly cheap and you think you're gonna find a place cheaper? Let me know. The only place in Philly where u can come close to that is living in the projects or a heavily crimed area. Risk not from the drugs, shootings but break ins and some jackass starting a fire because they fell asleep.

You're getting hammered on credit card and car payments. You're paying a G on those two alone...if you could get that split in half you would come out fine.

Get a part time job.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You really tell girls in bars about your car, bragging? Ha. Reminds me of a guy I know that tries to shine with a Lexus from 2003. Just doesn't work.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Where do you live? Thats incredibly cheap and you think you're gonna find a place cheaper? Let me know. The only place in Philly where u can come close to that is living in the projects or a heavily crimed area. Risk not from the drugs, shootings but break ins and some jackass starting a fire because they fell asleep.

You're getting hammered on credit card and car payments. You're paying a G on those two alone...if you could get that split in half you would come out fine.

Get a part time job.

I live in Chester Montana. It's about 75 miles from the Canadian border. I really can't do a part time job, because I'm working 55-60 hours a week already. The first 40 are regular pay, then I make 1.5 more an hour thereafter. I would love the money from a second job, but I don't think my body could handle it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

As for my personal financial situation, I make 50K a year and moved back in with my folks. Having my own place took a chunk out of my wallet every month and I need to save up for business school.

$720? That's insane. Sometimes, you have to know your place on the social hierarchy.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would you finance a car out of your range WITH bad credit? You can claim you were screwed but you walked into the place on all fours, undies around your ankles holding Ky-Kelly and a smile

The biggest mistake was getting that car. Some chick wanted to get a car with bad credit...all upset how she needs a car. No you NEED to get your credit in order. And if you really NEEDED a car you wouldnt be so damn picky shooting down cars that you cant see yourself driving. So eventually she wants to use my remarkable credit ( ) to finance a car for her. Deeze nuts. :
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #25
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You really tell girls in bars about your car, bragging? Ha. Reminds me of a guy I know that tries to shine with a Lexus from 2003. Just doesn't work.

I'm starting to realize it just doesn't work. At first I thought it was just a small town like where I live in Montana the girls are just like that here. Don't want to share their pie with a hungry bear like me, but then one time some buddies and me drove down to Great Falls Montana for a weekend. Same thing there, even in the big city. I'm starting to see a nice car helps, but it doesn't get your laid without question.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why would you finance a car out of your range WITH bad credit? You can claim you were screwed but you walked into the place on all fours, undies around your ankles holding Ky-Kelly and a smile

The biggest mistake was getting that car. Some chick wanted to get a car with bad credit...all upset how she needs a car. No you NEED to get your credit in order. And if you really NEEDED a car you wouldnt be so damn picky shooting down cars that you cant see yourself driving. So eventually she wants to use my remarkable credit ( ) to finance a car for her. Deeze nuts. :

I'm not a chick... sorry if the avatar seems confusing.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by /\bstract
I live in Chester Montana. It's about 75 miles from the Canadian border. I really can't do a part time job, because I'm working 55-60 hours a week already. The first 40 are regular pay, then I make 1.5 more an hour thereafter. I would love the money from a second job, but I don't think my body could handle it.

Oh Montana...no wonder. Maybe if you find a new place get a roomate. Split bills/rent that way you're paying less than the $425 per month. Say you find a spot for $600 2 bedroom. Roomate its now $300 a month. Save $125. Split the cable, net, utlities, gas, save $120. Groceries would have to increase from $150 to say $250. Split that, save $25.

$125
$120
$25
-----
$270 bucks saved potentially if you got a roomate. Could be more could be less but the fact of the matter if you could save yourself with a roomate OR a better option which may not be something you would want to do is move back home and save money for 2yrs.

Wait so you make $28,000 not including OT (cuz you're working 15-20hrs OT a week)? Yeah 2nd job wouldnt be helpful if you're working that many hours.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by /\bstract
I'm not a chick... sorry if the avatar seems confusing.

Huh? I didnt call you a chick...i spoke on a female I knew who wanted to finance a car with bad credit then eventually tried to ask me could I help her since my credit was remarkable. You financing that car really screwed you, just saying someone else I knew was close to being in your shoes until I talked them out of it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMMER
As for my personal financial situation, I make 50K a year and moved back in with my folks. Having my own place took a chunk out of my wallet every month and I need to save up for business school.

$720? That's insane. Sometimes, you have to know your place on the social hierarchy.

Business school?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I am 22 and I make 35,000 per year and another 200 per week at my part time job so overall i make about 45K per year.

I have health insurance for myself and my daughter.
I drive my girl's car (her parents pay for it still)
high utilities...decent rent
lots of groceries and baby expenses
lots of gas expenses

Basically I am struggling a little bit but I am happy and I am not in any debt. Things would be a lot easier if my girl would at least help me out and get a part time job.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: