Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
he's a lock for the 1st round because he's such a safe pick.
He is NOT a lock for the first round. That is fact.

If that were true, he wouldn't be playing in the Orlando pre-draft camp. He would have been invited to the physical only portion of the camp.

I think he's an NBA player too, but he ain't going in the first round.

I'll throw down an avatar bet on that one.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

who is that according to? a bunch of mock drafts that are always wrong? trust me, he'll go round 1. there is a dearth of big men in this year's draft. if he came out in 2007, he wouldn't be drafted.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #18
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Scared of the avatar bet?

And this is according to me and everything I've read. None of which has mentioned him as even having a chance to go in the first round. Basically, he's playing for a spot in the second round.

Anyways, avatar bet?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #19
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

You got nothing to lose. you got a picture of a really high crack head as your avatar. i have a symbol of the greatest man (was he?) ever to play the game. get bent.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #20
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
You got nothing to lose. you got a picture of a really high crack head as your avatar. i have a symbol of the greatest man (was he?) ever to play the game. get bent.
How dare you?!?!

I'll sport a James Augustine "Fatboy11 is my bitch" avatar for two weeks if he is drafted in the first round.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #21
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

"Come out"
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #22
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
I thought Roger Powell was the character guy at Illinois, by the way WTF is he at these days, 700 club?

Roger Powell is an upstanding citizen. i went to school with his girlfriend at joliet junior college (he's from joliet). she was always telling me that he would go in round 2. he's a spiritual leader on and off the court. you could always count on roger. that's what makes him so special. his girlfriend was always dressing down for class. she had a bomb ass. beyonce who? i'm for real. too bad she couldn't sing because she was fine as hell.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like this draft. Adam Morrison will slip in the draft and Rudy Gay whom some think would slide (me) will go higher then expected, but at a slot where talently he should go.

Anyone watch much of NC St Cedric Simmons? PF. If so holla.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #24
fatboy11

Quote:
Draftexpress has Augustine going in the first round.
Well, they had this to say about him today.

Enjoy.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1331
Old 06-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #25
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

fatboy, watch your mouth.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #26
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people
Default ...

Augustine will not go in the first round
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #27
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Well, they had this to say about him today.

Enjoy.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1331

Ok you should feel good about that bet than
Is Powell overseas?
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #28
fatboy11

Quote:
Ok you should feel good about that bet than
Is Powell overseas?
I didn't need that article to feel good about the bet.

And Powell played in the CBA this year. CBA Rookie of the Year to be exact.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This draft isn't the worst we've ever seen, but it's pretty bad. The age limit has combined with early entry from years past to weaken the talent pool. A list of teams that have players that could have been first round picks this year if they had waited until now to come out, and those players:
Atlanta: Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia
Boston: Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins
Philly: Andre Igoudale, Louis Williams (should have went to college, IMO)
Toronto: Chris Bosh, Charlie Villanueva
Dallas: Pavel
Houston: Maciej Lampe
NO: Chris Paul, JR Smith
Chi: Luol Deng
Cleveland: Ok, this guy isn't even worth mentioning...
Milwaukee: Andrew Bogut
Nuggets: Melo
Charlotte: Felton & May
Minnie: Rashad McCants
Portland: Telfair, Outlaw, Webster
Seattle: Robert Swift
Jazz: Deron Williams, Kris Humphries, and CJ Miles
Miami: Dorell Wright
Orlando: Darko, Howard, Ariza
G-State: Mona Ellis, Chris Taft
Clippers: Livingston, Korolev
LA: Andrew Bynum, Von Wafer

That's 37 players, many of whom would have ended up coming out this year under the present rules, due either to the rule flat-out making them wait or college bball hurting their stock. The Mike Miller ROY year was probably worse (mainly saying this because he's the worst ROY I can think of) but this draft's talent pool has been hurt and doesn't look that good. Marcus Williams may have the best career out of anyone in this class.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Additional thought: When's the last time that no one on the NCAA Champion went to the NBA the next season? Because that's going to happen this year. Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer, and Al Horford all could have been first round picks but instead chose to stay in school.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: