Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #46
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ya'll don't know.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #47
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
80 players is like 25% of the league.
Not to mention only 60 players can be drafted.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #48
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
80 players is like 25% of the league.

30 x 15=450

80/450=17.77%

and DAMMIT, the Beckster never lies!!!!!!
i've already named names on the old board for the uninformed, i'll do it again in about an hour, i'll list all 80 on the College forum, DAMMIT!!!!!!
Read it and learn something.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #49
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I was thinking 12 active players per team.

So, 12*30 = 360.

80/360= .2222222

Round up to roughly 25% Or down to 20% if you prefer.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #50
MSUBaller11
I airball my layups

MSUBaller11 has an OK reputation so far
Default 2000

I don't think you guys realize how terrible the 2000 NBA draft was. This year's draft blows the 2000 NBA draft away.
MSUBaller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #51
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

The list of players that will be wearing NBA uniforms next year is up for all you uninformed fans to view, have a good time kiddies.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #52
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
I was thinking 12 active players per team.

So, 12*30 = 360.

80/360= .2222222

Round up to roughly 25% Or down to 20% if you prefer.

Dude roster were expanded to 15, WTF have you been
Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #53
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I think people come to a conclusion that it's a weak draft because there is LeBron James...no clear overall pick. But this draft might be the strongest in years, in terms of "overall" talent. You might not have that franchise player, but you might have a few Ron Artest, Gilbert Arenas and Josh Howard.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #54
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Dude roster were expanded to 15, WTF have you been
15 active players? :confused:
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #55
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
15 active players? :confused:

Dude, go check the celtics roster they have 14 players and they started the season with 15. Check the post I made on the college board and get some more education.

P.S.- The League made a deal with the union, that states the NBA must keep on avg. 14 players per team, go read the CBA for some more education, bra.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-08-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #56
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I thought there is 12 active players on each team, with 3 reserves.
I don't know much about this though, so I'll take your word for it.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #57
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I support Augustine, but the guy isn't all that great. Dude has it in for me too. I used to live in the same apartment complex as him and when he was nursing a broken ankle, all he did was work at the front desk and guy gave me attitude and wierd stares. I have nothing but love for him (except that championship game) though. After watching him for most of his career I can say this. He's crazy athletic, plays with a lot of heart, and is a great teammate. But, he's not going to be a starter in this league unless he significantly improves. He has no post moves, is strictly a jump shooter (and I guess being a lefty jump shooter works in his favor), and needs to bulk up. He has height and he's athletic, so I guess somebody will pick him up.

Roger Powell is doing well. He was the rookie of the year for the CBA last year or something. Unanimous pick, and led all rookies in scoring and had the most points ever by a rookie or something like that. I'm happy for him. He's changed a lot in the last couple years, when he first came to the school he acted all tough like a punk kid. He once picked on my friend in the gym. But now he's a class act with the best heart around. Apologized before he graduated for being a dick. I like him and I hope he makes it to the league one day. I took a class with his girlfriend my freshman year. Girl is as nice as they come.

Luther is still my favorite Illini. I hope he gets the start for the Rockets next year or becomes a great 6th man. He's got the skills just give him time.

Dee's my guy. I hope he goes in the first! His game is awesome. If Devin Harris, Tony Parker can make it in the league as speedsters, then so can Dee! The only thing is his height, but now that the league is infatuated with small ball, I can only imagine he'll be better.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #58
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I thought there is 12 active players on each team, with 3 reserves.
I don't know much about this though, so I'll take your word for it.

Correct each team has between 12-15 players, however the CBA states that on avg. each team must keep 14 players, so at a min. nba teams must have a total of 420 guys on rosters at the start of the season. Dude was stating 360 but it's between 420-450.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #59
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

TY for the correction. And now that that's settled, this draft is subpar and there is no way this class produces 80 future NBA players, especially when there are only 60 draft picks. God bless and good night.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #60
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

There will be guys from this draft that are drafted that don't even make it to the NBA.

Happens every year. To say that this draft class features 80 NBA players and to go even further and say that all 80 will be in the NBA next season is waaay out there.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: