Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Paxson done making moves? I hope not!

Can this be it? We let go of Aldridge, 6'11". We picked Sefolosha over Ronnie Brewer. We traded away our only 7 footer in Tyson Chandler. All moves that come with risk! I like Sefolosha, Thomas and P.J. Brown, BUT is that all? We are one injury away at the Center position to being DEAD for the season! The Bulls have no height. Please, no one mention Luke. Brown is 37 years old. What happens in games when Wallace and Brown are in foul trouble? Tyrus and Malik? Are you kidding!?!?!? We traded away first round talent in JR Smith for second round picks. SECOND ROUND PICKS! Could those picks and more be packaged with maybe Deng for a legit big man??? Something MUST be up! I can't see the Bulls going into this season with this roster. Give your opinions people!!! Imagine out lineup against even the MAGIC..with Howard 6'11" and Milicic 7'0"...even THEY make us look small LOL I still LOVE my Bulls!! Go Bulls!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
thabelosha
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thabelosha has an OK reputation so far

I agree, if big ben goes down (knock on wood) we would have big bird @ center (OH GOOD GOD HELP US ALL) and then nothin but guys who are 6'9", we need i think one more legit low post scorer whos like 6'10' 6'11' for cheap, im thinkin a package of du sweets and maybe basden and a draft pick for either gooden or sum1 else. IN PAX WE TRUST
thabelosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
Pombal
Banned

Pombal has an OK reputation so far

Right.. we will be in trouble if Ben is out of the court, but who isnt?
Who replaces Kobe when is injured? And Lebron?

There is not any player good enough to replace a allstar, and with Ben and the Bulls it wont be different!

And the heigh problem does not even exists..
If the heigh is everything, why isnt Yao the biggest rebounder, and the better blocker in the league!?
Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
vmdv12

I think POM dude missed my point. I'm not saying height is EVERYTHING, but EVERY team needs height. Let's not be ignorant. If height was nothing then every team would have a bunch of fast 6'1" guards running the hell out of the ball. There is a reason PF's and C's are taller than the other positions. Ben Wallace is one man and only one man. If the road to glory is through Miami again, they have Shaq, Zo, Haslem and maybe even Earl Barron. DEPTH!! We are deep at guards but those who have been watching the Bulls realize it's up front where we are getting hurt. We added Brown, Thomas and Wallace. We subracted Chandler, Harrington and Songaila. I notice the difference in talent, BUT is it enough??? We are capped out Bulls fans! Is this enough to get us the glory we all want?? We will not have cap space to add anyone anytime soon. THAT is what I'm asking??
Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
I think Paxson has next year's draft in mind. I don't think we will get the #1 pick, but we don't really need it to get a good big guy. The '07 draft is so stocked with big guys, its not even funny. There will be lots of legit 7-footers, and we should have a decent lottery pick from the Knicks, maybe 5-10. I wouldn't mind the #1 pick to get Oden, but he is not the only potential superstar that will be there when we are on the clock.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
nbafreak

nbafreak has an OK reputation so far

I think you guys are a little over dramatic thinking we are done if big Ben goes down. Where does that put us? PJ moves to center then we have lots of options Thomas,Sweetney,Allen at the 4 or you just start both Deng and Nocioni. I think without Wallace we are about the same as last years team. (PJ and the rookies make up for the loss of chandler.) We could still make the playoffs, but with Ben we should really make some noise.
nbafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
INFINITY2152

INFINITY2152 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls Size

First off, P.J. Brown is like 6'10" and has played center at several points in his career. People keep dismissing Luke Schensher, but if the Bulls decide to keep him, he's got to be showing them more than just height in practices and scrimmages. They still have Sweetney, who may only be 6'8" but weighs like 275 ( see Danny Fortson) and has a nice touch around the basket, Malik Allen, Victor Krypha ( who was a first round pick). The same people talking about height now are the same people who thought Tyson Chandler would be better than Elton Brand, and said Elton Brand was too short. Nobody admits it though. Ben Wallace almost NEVER gets hurt, I think he's gone two years straight without going on IR, and that's more than you can say for a lot of taller players.
INFINITY2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:56 AM   #8
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

If Pax thinks that the Bulls need to make another move then he will make it. He is one of the best GMs out there.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

John has made great, great moves. He's one of the top GMs in the league, no doubt.

In Johnny we trust.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #10
vmdv12

FINALLY!! A seven footer! LOL I was hoping PAX was not done. I'm glad he did this trade. Basden had no spot on the team and it didn't make sense to keep him. Sefolosha was going to get all his minutes. NOW we have a big man we can develop. I've never seen Marty play but I did read good things about him before he got drafted. He's officialy the ONLY 7 footer on the team now. At least he'll give them a different look in practice to go up against and who knows, he might get some confidence and begin to contribute by the end of the year. Nice move Pax!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:34 AM   #11
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Has everyone forgotten that we have some guy named, oh I don't know, BEN FREAKIN' WALLACE ON THIS TEAM???

Pax is going to make another deal, but this team is going to contend. If the Bulls don't win it this season, possibility next year.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

ben wallace isnt a true big man...hes just a big defender
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #13
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Has everyone forgotten that we have some guy named, oh I don't know, BEN FREAKIN' WALLACE ON THIS TEAM???

Pax is going to make another deal, but this team is going to contend. If the Bulls don't win it this season, possibility next year.

of ocurse you have ben, but ben is a defender , the best in the league but only a defender and he is only 6'9.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
taurus515th

taurus515th has an OK reputation so far

i do not think Paxson is done making moves. I think he is still looking for a post-player. Probably not KG or Elton Brand type guys since they are not available but someone who we could give the ball to early in the first and throughout the game without having to get rid of our core players. He is probably looking at some underrated post-players like this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9w5j9GmkLI.

I dont know about you but i really do not think Paxson and Skiles were that impressed with Michael Sweetney. If anyone can remember Michael Sweetney was not the original player Paxson wanted to get in the Eddy Curry trade. He wanted Trevor Ariza and David Lee. I also heard that if the picks were protected he would not have done the deal which to me means he cared more about getting a pick over a post-player in return at that time. Also in an interview with Skiles, Skiles was asked about playing Michael Sweetney when Darius Songaila got hurt. Skiles said,''Well i guess we will just give Michael Sweetney a 2nd chance.'' To me he was going to be traded if Darius Songaila was not hurt. Also 15 or less games is not going to change a general managers or coaches mind about a player when they were on the team since October.

I also think that Malik Allen might also be gone. I like Malik Allen a lot but now that we have PJ Brown, do we really need him? PJ Brown and Malik Allen are basically the same type of player IMO except that PJ Brown is a better defender and better free throw shooter. If we trade Malik Allen i really do not feel that we would miss him.

and possibly Viktor Khryapa, Martynas Andriuskevicius, and our 2007 PICKS might be the others involved.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: