Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Has your trust of "new/female posters" been ruined?

I'm just curious, cuz i've notcied that ANY time a new poster comes along people automatically assume it's someone else's alias and they kinda shoot the person down from the start. It just seems like it's gonna keep ISH from getting many new posters because people have completely lost trust in new people.

The same applies to female posters who might try to come to the site. Any time someone comes claiming to be a girl people assume it's a troll account by a regular poster and run off a potential female perspective with "send me nudes" or "stfu b!tch". The only women who seem to have beat this are the ones who joined a while ago like Nash4eva, Diabla, Latina Heat, etc, and even they never come around anymore.

I'm just wondering if you've lost all your trust of new posters/female posters
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Has your trust of "new/female posters" been ruined?

Yes. I still dont trust that CutieBfrutie chick.

Edit: I guess her is name is Cuterthanyou
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's become so bad, the number of aliases people have and the number of pranks being pulled, that ANY 'female' that registers, I instantly assume they're an alias. Not sexism, just natural skepticism. Sorry, but I almost don't believe in women on ISH anymore. There's some out there, but I personally think a handful of them are just aliases or men acting like women. Doesn't matter if they have a pic of themselves on their avatar, anybody could find a webcam of a chick and post it as their avatar. But yes, I'm not too keen on believing in women on ISH. It's almost become a myth. "Did you hear about that new chick on ISH?" "Woman? ISH? Pfft, lies." That's pretty much what it becomes, and it's sad, because there actually are women on ISH and they're being penalized and not trusted to actually be who they say they are. It's actually not fair, that the REAL women aren't being trusted for the most part and are being harassed for simply wanting to be part of the community.

That's what aliases do - damage ISH for the most part.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 10-29-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

'New posters' don't come on to a site and talk ridiculous **** from the first post. They don't pretend to be 85 yr olds with sex problems. They don't post the exact same **** as the troll posters do and then go to their alias accounts and just agree with themselves.

Most of the time the gimmicks are obvious.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I blame the guys who started making the "sock" accounts which tricked guys into thinking they were a girl but then they exposed themselves or got exposed, so now when a new poster comes to the board it's like trying to get through airport customs with cocaine shoved 8 inches up your anus. Ya ain't gonna f'ing make it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
'New posters' don't come on to a site and talk ridiculous **** from the first post. They don't pretend to be 85 yr olds with sex problems. They don't post the exact same **** as the troll posters do and then go to their alias accounts and just agree with themselves.

Exaclty, like saying that you dont kno when Michael Jordan retired, and your trying to find out about bball because of some guy. And then posting in the Nba forum like you know what youre talking about. Its a little TOO obvious.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy

Right i understand the ones that are blatantly obvious like that Gramps guy and KrispyKreme, but I mean people who there is no real reason to doubt them other than the fact that they're new. Like even when someone regular makes a "new to the forum" thread people jump all over them and i just think its unfair to new guys tryin to join the fam
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Its the fact that some posters need to grow up and not use alias' to mix up the people around here. It really just means they have to much time on their hands and I am good with just having one account. But I don't go around calling the person names if they are a new girl or new person, period. If they say they are a girl, I will believe them and if I find out if it isn't, I am not gonna flip out, its only the internet. You should be afraid if it was a dating service though :)
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have actually found myself ignoring new posters by and large... 3/4's of the time it turns out to be a alias...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Right i understand the ones that are blatantly obvious like that Gramps guy and KrispyKreme, but I mean people who there is no real reason to doubt them other than the fact that they're new. Like even when someone regular makes a "new to the forum" thread people jump all over them and i just think its unfair to new guys tryin to join the fam

Yes, but seriously, who post "I'm new! Talk to me!", first day on the main forum? And how many for example, women athletes, that want to chat ball that come here would post that? Only Doom/primetime spawns or some hyper ADD kid who has been kicked off every other board on the net already do that.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's because these "girls" come right out and want it to be known. That is what makes it obvious. Everyone knows this Imcuterthanyou person is an alias because "she" made a thread basically to tell us that "she" was new to the board and that "she" was a girl. It was so blatantly obvious. New posters don't introduce themselves as male or female. Hell, most don't introduce themselves at all. They just begin posting and become a regular eventually..That's what I did.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
That's because these "girls" come right out and want it to be known. That is what makes it obvious. Everyone knows this Imcuterthanyou person is an alias because "she" made a thread basically to tell us that "she" was new to the board and that "she" was a girl. It was so blatantly obvious. New posters don't introduce themselves as male or female. Hell, most don't introduce themselves at all. They just begin posting and become a regular eventually..That's what I did.

I find it funny, at first she started to act all "Like, OMG, like...like...like" and now she (or whatever) is talkin basketball like she has known it for a while...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here is the problem: There are MANY posters on this site who ONLY conversate with those who were either on ezboard, or have been on here since the beginning. As a newbie, you have 2 choices: Try to post educated opinions (but have noone read them b/c they won't talk to anyone who they don't go WAY back with), or be outrageous and highly biased. Do that long enough and you get banned. Lose/lose situation for the newbies
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

this problem happens on many many forums... infact every forum except 1 that ive been to.
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Here is the problem: There are MANY posters on this site who ONLY conversate with those who were either on ezboard, or have been on here since the beginning. As a newbie, you have 2 choices: Try to post educated opinions (but have noone read them b/c they won't talk to anyone who they don't go WAY back with), or be outrageous and highly biased. Do that long enough and you get banned. Lose/lose situation for the newbies

I turned out just fine. :)
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: