Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default more proof that NBA live sucks at everything.

This is their simulated Eastern Conference finals

New Jersey vs. Boston. (who are ranked 1 and 2)

Boston wins 4-2

Do they really think Mcgloire is enough to make the Nets look like the 2nd best team in the east?

And automatically with disregard to all other factors they put Boston in first. I know they the best big 3 in the east, but they still have some proving to do.

Other things of note:
    • Toronto's sim record 36-46, 11th in the east.
    • Cavs 50-32 (sorry, but it's just not gonna happen.)
    • Miami losing 4-1 in the conference semi's to NJ.
    • Knicks sim record 41-41, 7th in the east.
    • Dallas sim record 67-15 WOW so much for a slight dropoff right? but also their was a predicted first round loss to Utah.
    • Phoenix finishing 58-24 and winning the championship.

Last edited by haterofhaters : 10-29-2007 at 04:54 PM.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: more proof that NBA live sucks at everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    • Dallas sim record 67-15 WOW so much for a slight dropoff right? but also their was a predicted first round loss to Utah.
Realist NBA game ever.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Many of those predictions aren't that bad. For example the Phoenix one is not a bad prediction, neither are the Knicks and Raptors ones. Boston could very well be the No. 1 seed, and Jersey is certainly an Eastern Conference title contender. They're just under the radar. Miami certainly could lose 4-1 to NJ in the first round. As for the Dallas prediction, yes, I agree that is a bad prediction, they basically are basing it on what the team did last year lol.

The Eastern Conference finals of 2008 will feature the Pistons and Bulls.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

i ran the same thing in NBA 2k8. similar results.

Nets were ranked 3rd though behind Boston and Chicago.

though Nets also made the ECF and lost 4-2.

these things are probably all based on random number generators. don't worr yso much about it
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Boston wins 4-2

Do they really think Mcgloire is enough to make the Nets look like the 2nd best team in the east?

And automatically with disregard to all other factors they put Boston in first. I know they the best big 3 in the east, but they still have some proving to do.

Other things of note:

dude Live has declined every year...plus the sim's in all the sports games are never accurate for example, I played a dynasty season on NBA 2k7 and although the Jazz won there divison, the blazers who was 3 games under 500 went to the playoffs over the jazz and the jazz was 41-41 or something like that.....so games are never correct when it comes down to simulation....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I busted out Live 07 on the pc yesterday. I played 2 quarters, then I was reminded why I stopped playing in the first place. Then I went to a friends house and played an actual basketball game called nba 2k7
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

I still enjoy NBA Live. I'm getting it tommorow for pc!
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

One thing to hate on NBA live because

A) It sucks
B) It's not realist gameplay wise

BUT

to hate on it because of simulation? Gone too far.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I'm not worried about it in the least VC, but live still sucks thoroughly. I remember the last time i played Live, I was playing 07 at a friends house, and Lebron James literally JUMPED OVER Yao Ming. As in, he cleared the guy without even touching him. He pulled a VC over YAO MING! Then there's the
4th quarter when if you have a lead, they put a lid on the rim and you miss everything including dunks. Not to mention the "you can't stop any center" function of the game plus the dunk from anywhere over anyone as long as you have a high flyer. The ratings are horrid as well, this is all just in addition to the fact.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
I busted out Live 07 on the pc yesterday. I played 2 quarters, then I was reminded why I stopped playing in the first place. Then I went to a friends house and played an actual basketball game called nba 2k7

Does NBA Live for PC look just like ps2?
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
One thing to hate on NBA live because

A) It sucks
B) It's not realist gameplay wise

BUT

to hate on it because of simulation? Gone too far.
basically, if you want to play an arcade game, get live.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #12
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Miami losing 4-1 in the conference semi's to NJ.

If (healthy) Miami faced NJ they wouldn't lose. The Heat have owned the Nets for the past couple years now.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #13
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
If (healthy) Miami faced NJ they wouldn't lose. The Heat have owned the Nets for the past couple years now.
Which is a part of my point. I mean I like the Nets, but the Heat have had their number for the past 2 seasons and the Nets have had to play near flawless basketball just to keep the games close only to get out executed in the end. That is not to say that I think they couldn't beat them in a series, but to say they would win in 5 is a bit of a stretch.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Boston wins 4-2

Other things of note:

list the entire leagues records..........
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #15
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Dude, ok. Live sucks. I'm not disputing that, but why does everyone think that NJ isn't a contender this year?

Yeah, they signed Magloire. But they also have Krsted coming back from injury. They added Darrell Armstrong and Malik Allen to the bench for depth, and Josh Boone and Marcus Williams should both be a little better after a year of playing with the team.

Oh, and Sean Williams could be a potential steal, since it was behavior issues, not basketball issues, that allegedly caused his stock to drop in the draft.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: