Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: more proof that NBA live sucks at everything.

i just did a quick sim on 2k8 and the knicks won the championship, cavs won 20 something games. Blazers made the playoffs and spurs were the 7th seed.

it's a simulation and **** happens. Just like in real life things don't always go as predicted.

the worst thing though is missing open layups in 2k8, being up 10 in the 3rd and have the other team make a 20-4 run because you're missing fast break buckets and they're hitting 3s with 2 guys in their face.
I also noticed that it's impossible to go up strong in the game, you either get blocked or throw it up and miss. 80% of my shots are at the basket and i still don't get to the line more than 8 times a game.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Dude, ok. Live sucks. I'm not disputing that, but why does everyone think that NJ isn't a contender this year?

Yeah, they signed Magloire. But they also have Krsted coming back from injury. They added Darrell Armstrong and Malik Allen to the bench for depth, and Josh Boone and Marcus Williams should both be a little better after a year of playing with the team.

Oh, and Sean Williams could be a potential steal, since it was behavior issues, not basketball issues, that allegedly caused his stock to drop in the draft.

Mathius
kidd is 35 and carter doesn't get to the rim the way he used to. This team can only get worse, any way you look at it the clock is ticking and they're not getting any younger.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

two things.
#1, this is the official sim taken from nba.com, not a sim i did with my own copy of the game (i'd never buy live again).

#2.. I'll repeat, i'm NOT saying the Nets are not a contender, but at this point what makes you think they are the 2nd best team in the eastern conference? The additioin of Mcgloire? I still don't see that as enough of a reason to say they are better than the Heat, Pistons, maybe even throw in the Cavs.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

You can't judge a game by simming a season. You can sim a season 15 times and probably never get the same outcome twice.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
You can't judge a game by simming a season. You can sim a season 15 times and probably never get the same outcome twice.
you guys are overanalyzing the thread. It was a thread to add to a long list of things I hate about NBA live, not a specific pin pointed thing that is the supposed to be my only reason for not liking it.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: