Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.
Default Pacer's/Mav's Part Deux

Another trade is going down between the two teams.

Anthony Johnson to the Mavericks
Josh Powel, Rawel Marshal, and DA to the Pacers.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/ba...s/15105044.htm
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by soog

i like DA, Johnson played good for the Pacers in the playoffs, but i think they Pacers are trying to get into a faster uptempo game
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
Nowitzness53
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Nowitzness53 has an OK reputation so far
Cool I like the way we're moving....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soog

3 players that wouldnt be used for a a #2 point if we play JT at 2 plus Van Horn for Reggie Evans in a sign and trade luv it!!!!!!
Nowitzness53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
hoopsjnkie

hoopsjnkie has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness53
3 players that wouldnt be used for a a #2 point if we play JT at 2 plus Van Horn for Reggie Evans in a sign and trade luv it!!!!!!
I hate to lose Powell, I think he is a guy that can really play..he is young and has alot of potential
hoopsjnkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
hoopsjnkie

Quote:
I hate to lose Powell, I think he is a guy that can really play..he is young and has alot of potential
Old 07-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
hoopsjnkie

Default Powell needs to stay

Quote:
Old 07-24-2006, 02:46 AM   #7
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

sweet triple post
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 AM   #8
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default I don't Understand

I don't understand this trade, is Anthony Johnson good enough to give up 3 players for him. And if he's that good, why are we planning to use him for our 3rd PG position. It just doesnt make since. , could someone enlighten me, cuz I really want to see the benefit of this trade, I really do...
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:50 AM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDru1
I don't understand this trade, is Anthony Johnson good enough to give up 3 players for him. And if he's that good, why are we planning to use him for our 3rd PG position. It just doesnt make since. , could someone enlighten me, cuz I really want to see the benefit of this trade, I really do...
i totally agree with you....im a pacers fan and i loved to see this happen...AJ is reliable, he just had one really good series with the Nets last playoff run, where he out played Jason Kidd. But i dont think he was worth giving up 3 players, i think one for one, Armstrong for Johnson would have been good enough for me, i dont know how good the other 2 players are, ive never seen them play so i dont think they are all that good, but i dont know how Walsh managed to get 3 players for Johnson. In my opinion, both trades that the pacers did the dallas worked out for pacers rather than dallas
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

Rawel Marshall and Josh Powell were fighting for their roster spots with several players currently in the mavs summer league, their contracts were not guaranteed either.

Powell has been alright, and has done what was asked of him but he hasn't been outstanding to date. Marshall is a black hole and has no place on a team already full of scorers.

We currently have Pops Mensah-Bonsu on the summer league team who I feel has outplayed both of them. Granted Rawle has lead the team in scoring since ager got injured, but like i said Rawle is a black hole and shoots it everytime.

The prediction is that Rawle and Josh will be waived very soon since Indiana is looking to free up cap space. The mavs will then sign pops. We also have Vroman and Pittsnogle fighting for a spot on the team.

Its been posted in another thread, but I want to repost our current roster and you tell me why Rawle and Josh are desperately needed and can't be easily replaced.

PG - Harris/Johnson
SG - Terry/Buckner/Ager
SF - Howard/Stack
PF - Dirk/Croshere
C - Dampier/Diop/M'Benga

What's better, one player who will play a large roll with the team, or 3 players (one who rarely saw the court and is 38, one who spent most of the year in the D-League and didn't make the playoff roster, and one who was a decent role player)? This trade tells me the mavs were going to cut the second two before the season started anyway, in order to free up roster space and sign others. Did I mention that they were undrafted free agents last year?

Last edited by soog : 07-24-2006 at 10:27 AM.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #11
Milkman

we can grab powell back when pacers wave him
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: