Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 10-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Opening night vs Orlando (10/31, 6pm Central)

Going to be a good one!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation
Default Re: Opening night vs Orlando (10/31, 6pm Central)

I'm quite excited. I've been awaiting this game since the signing of Mr. Yi. I'll definitely have my impressions of the Buck's first game of the season after it's all said and done.

Can't miss a minute of this one.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Any of you know if it'll be on tv? Got the 2005 NCAAF Championship game tonight on Playstation, but I wanna see Yi play bad.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

If you're from the midwest--yes. FSN.

If you're not...no. Doubt it's on ESPN or anything.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

I live in Iowa... Didn't catch the game; once I beat Oklahoma, I started recruiting, so yeah... How'd the game go?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

Ouch... Just caught the score. Yi with 9 and 3. Not bad; didn't Yao average like 5 ppg in his first month or something? Too far back to remember for me. Here's my link for anyone besides adamcz and Ian that didn't watch the game.

http://www.nba.com/games/20071031/MILORL/recap.html
Old 11-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Yeah, this game was brutal. It wasn't a blowout, but it wasn't close either. Again, I set my early-season expectations much too high. This is, as we must remember...the Milwaukee Bucks. The team has a long way to go if they're looking to go deep into the playoffs. Either that...or the Magic has got one hell of a squad on their hands this year.

As always, Micheal Redd is our life-saver. He's our key man, whom without, we'd have no chance. Yes, yes--it's only one game, but still. There has been a lot of anticipation leading up to this season. You would think they'd come into this game with everything they got, and most importantly, stay consistent through the entire game. This just didn't happen. We are too reliant on Redd. More players are going to have to step up, and if they can't do that, why not play some hard-nosed defense? Where's this new and improved defensive plan Coach K has been talking about? The Bucks played the same quality D as always.

Now, the game wasn't all bad. There are a couple things to be optimistic about. Redd has still got it, and that's always a good sign. Bobby Simmons put 18 points on the board (the only other player with double digits). Coming off a season-ending injury last year; it's good to see him back to his old self. I've always liked Simmons. I hope he can stay healthy and consistent.

Yi is not much to talk about. In this game at least. He's not aggressive enough. He doesn't take enough shots (it's obviously what he's good at. He had many open looks, but decided to throw it off to someone else resulting in a missed shot) And most noticeably--he seemed confused, as my avatar suggests. Funny thing is, I made that before the game. It's still early, so I won't hold it against him. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Ian : 11-01-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The game destroyed all my offseason hopes.

Bogut didn't learn to shoot, Redd didn't learn to pass, and Mo didn't learn how to play D. A lot of things are going to be much the same as they were last year.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

I hope not, i have alot resting on the Bucks, Bogut in paticular (on fantasy) They r my 2nd/3rd team and i really thought this season they would make playoff semis. They have a good line up. D Mason, Mo Will, Redd, Yi J. I think if they get their rebounding/passing/shooting even better... they will have it sorted out
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: