Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far
Default Aldridge not working out against competition @ POR

{Texas big man LaMarcus Aldridge has indicated he doesn't want to work out against competition when he comes to Portland next Wednesday. "That's our understanding -- we will see if that changes or not," Patterson said}

Do you guys think hez scared that he ll drop down in the draft or wont be a top 5, if his weaknesses would get exposed ?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...l=7&thispage=2

Last edited by Danny : 06-09-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'll never understand why players do that. I would think every player would want to be drafted as high as possible and doing things like this decreases the chances of this happening. Gerald Green last season was considered a top 5 pick and he refused to work out competitivly and he dropped down to 18.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I think he knows that he's going top 2 so he doesn't want to get hurt working out for the #4 pick.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

If we look at the past drafts.. we would see that some of the big men refused to workout against competition.. players like..
Bogut
Marvin
Okafor
Howard

but i think they were assured a top spot in the draft but this years draft we dont have a clear # 1 .. so refusing to work out against competition doesnt sound that smart !!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I'll never understand why players do that. I would think every player would want to be drafted as high as possible and doing things like this decreases the chances of this happening. Gerald Green last season was considered a top 5 pick and he refused to work out competitivly and he dropped down to 18.
And Bogut and Williams did it and they ended up 1st and 2nd. It is a good tactic for some players, but not so good for others. It really depends on the situation and what teams are looking for etc. I think it could go either way for a player.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I believe that they think with the number one spot up in the air, they don't work out for teams they don't think will take them. He thinks he is going number too so will work out only great enough for the first 2 teams. Them being Chicago and Toronto.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Yeah those are good points. I guess if the player feels he already secured himself a good spot then he doesn't wanna hurt himself.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Yeah those are good points. I guess if the player feels he already secured himself a good spot then he doesn't wanna hurt himself.

i agree wth him not wanting to get injured, hes signed an agent so if he gets injured theres no return to colleg and i cant see his draft stock doing well if he suffers an injury
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Well Aldridge suffering injury would not be great at all...since we're talking about injury, how many games did Sean May play this year?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Half the season, if that. Im not sure of the exact number.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: