Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation
Default Are you sick of Yi Jianlian yet?

are you frigin sick of yi jianlian, i am so sick of going onto the nba website and seeing him all over the place before todays game they were talking about his debut like he was god and have a whole slide about how he scored 9 points in his debut and how he already is a world wide superstar, what im getting at is the nba is sinking in my opinion the only reason they promote him so much is because he is chinese and there is 2 billion of them and the nba makes a big profit from having asain players jus like they have with yao ming

the nba is way to much about money and advertisements and is on the decline and i know nearly every1 on the board is going to think yes we have heard a million times but i jus feal the need to express myself because it sometimes really gives me the sh!ts when players are handed there superstar role and have actualy earned it

thank you for reading
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: be honest with me

Yi= goat
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
are you frigin sick of yi jianlian, i am so sick of going onto the nba website and seeing him all over the place before todays game they were talking about his debut like he was god and have a whole slide about how he scored 9 points in his debut and how he already is a world wide superstar, what im getting at is the nba is sinking in my opinion the only reason they promote him so much is because he is chinese and there is 2 billion of them and the nba makes a big profit from having asain players jus like they have with yao ming

the nba is way to much about money and advertisements and is on the decline and i know nearly every1 on the board is going to think yes we have heard a million times but i jus feal the need to express myself because it sometimes really gives me the sh!ts when players are handed there superstar role and have actualy earned it

thank you for reading

In all fairness Yi can play... Not saying he's going to be an NBA superstar but I can deal with a little promotion because it'll wear off if he tanks.
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
Force

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Yi can play for sure, he will be a very good NBA player. Considering all the circumstances of him coming to the US to play, you have to understand why he is getting attention. Plus the NBA is pushing to globalize the NBA...
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Durant got the same hype. They even put the Sonics on national TV just for him and he got to chuck up all the shots he wants (not to mention breaking the NBA record for getting blocked and stripped)
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
Force

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejoe
Durant got the same hype. They even put the Sonics on national TV just for him and he got to chuck up all the shots he wants (not to mention breaking the NBA record for getting blocked and stripped)

You can't expect to earn any credibility posting on this forum when you post absolute lies
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #7
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I haven't seen enough of him. He's gonna be a stud.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

more chinese would look at nba.com than americans, even in english probably
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #9
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are you sick of Yi Jianlian yet?

i think the thread starter is racist.

oden hype is worst than this. and where is he now?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #10
Aydin
I airball my layups

Aydin has an OK reputation so far

I am not sick of what NBA does, it is what they supposed to do in terms of business decision making. I mean even though I dont like seeing him on everywhere, I can blame nobody.

But well, he is never going to be very good player at all...
Aydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #11
sick_brah07

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
i think the thread starter is racist.

oden hype is worst than this. and where is he now?

how am i racists ? all im saying is that the nba is using yi jianlian and making him seem like he is already an established superstar in the nba in order to make a bigger profit and im just saying that its disappointing to me to see the NBA do this, i dont mind when the nba gets all hyped up about some players but i believe yi jianlians hype is ridicuolous and only done to make a little bit of money very fast

p.s please dont get me wrong im not critisizing asian players im jus saying THIS much hype about yi is not needed and starting to get really anoying
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

People may think you're racist because you single out Yi, the only Asian rookie this season. Durant is getting just as much hype, if not more, this season. Why didn't you make a thread complaining about him?
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #13
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

I think it needs a little bit more time to make a judgement.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #14
sick_brah07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMMER
People may think you're racist because you single out Yi, the only Asian rookie this season. Durant is getting just as much hype, if not more, this season. Why didn't you make a thread complaining about him?

no durrant hasnt had the same hype, did seattle make a kevin durant day ? like milwaukee made yi jianlian day before he even played one game in the nba ? did seattle promise durant minutes while rashard lewis was still expected to sign?. Im talking about yi beause i dont like what the nba is doing with him for all i know he could be a great guy and a great team mate im not saying he is a bad player or saying he wont be any good im jus saying i dont like how the nba is making him a superstar be4 he is one and how he gets all these privlages that other players do not get and that im sick and tired of them throwing him in my face and telling me about how he had an awesome debut with 9 points
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 AM   #15
supraman
I hit open layups

supraman has an OK reputation so far

Yi has a huge fan base and lots of people are interested to see how it goes, yes the nba does it for more publicity and everything. But if you cant stand it, then thats your problem, dont click on the link related to Yi then. I know your seeing a lot of news of yi, but a lot of people are really following him closely.
supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: