Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #16
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation
Default Re: Are you sick of Yi Jianlian yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraman
Yi has a huge fan base and lots of people are interested to see how it goes, yes the nba does it for more publicity and everything. But if you cant stand it, then thats your problem, dont click on the link related to Yi then. I know your seeing a lot of news of yi, but a lot of people are really following him closely.

ok so instead of getting an article about how chris paul had a great game (25 5 12 3)and led his team to a win or how ginobili had 30 points and hit a game winner you want to hear about how i scored 9 points and had little if any affect on a boring game
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 AM   #17
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

I am, i mean Durant had 18. Yi had 9.
That's double and Yi got triple the attention.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's hard to be sick of someone when they have limited national tv spotlight.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #19
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

The NBA is a business and China is obviously a huge market. It only makes business sense to market Yi regardless of his ability.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

doubtful it's an Asian thing.

David Stern does have a palate for being multiethnic and fully diverse.

if the player were Iranian and a standout, Stern would probably also paste his face on the main page

besides, it's not like Yi's face is pasted every single day everywhere
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #21
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Actually got to watch Yi last night (yea!! free league pass) might be the last time I see him until Mil comes to NY.

He looked like every big rookie -- big, slow, lost and awkward. Could just be a rookie thing. Didn't see anything ot make me think he's going ot be an nba star.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The Bucks have one game on tv this year and it's on NBATV. He's not exactly being forced down your throat.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #23
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I like watching Yi, he reminds me of a mobile version of Yao. plus hes on my fantasy squad. Its funny how similar his game is to Yao's, it reminds me of World Cup and how each country of players play type is kinda differentiated by their race. Thats why i love World Cup tho.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #24
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
The Bucks have one game on tv this year and it's on NBATV. He's not exactly being forced down your throat.

i'm pretty sure NBA TV is a part of NBA package now. So if they are getting NBA TV, they are getting every game via package.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

YI is working his way out of the Bucks, he is goign to foul out in every game and thus the bucks promise of 20 MPG will not be fulfilled. Hes a crafty one. Seriously who fouls out on their debut? Anyone? whats the record for most DQ's in a season? IF refs could understand him he would break sheeds records for T's. anywho yeah im gonna sick of hearing about him. What he could be. Once he does something, then talk about him. But c'mon he's no Yao.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #26
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
IF refs could understand him he would break sheeds records for T's.

First of all his English is actually pretty good. secondly he isn't much of a screamer anyway.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
i'm pretty sure NBA TV is a part of NBA package now. So if they are getting NBA TV, they are getting every game via package.
What's that have to do with this thread? Every player in the entire NBA is available to those with League Pass - this thread is claiming that there's too much Yi attention going on. I doubt he is upset that Bucks games are available on League Pass just like every other team in the league.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: be honest with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
Yi= goat

yi=bigger interest from china=nba extension=$$$$$ in stern's pockets
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #29
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
yi=bigger interest from china=nba extension=$$$$$ in stern's pockets
Stern's just an employee of the team owners. The owners make the money.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #30
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Stern's just an employee of the team owners. The owners make the money.

Who does own the NBA?
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: