Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: be honest with me

The team owners do.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Yi put up 16/8/1/2/2 tonight. Where's that guy who was telling us he'll be out of the NBA in 4 years?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #33
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are you sick of Yi Jianlian yet?

Give the guy a break. He came from China and I'm sure the last thing he wants is Americans treating him poorly. You wouldn't want it that way if you were in China.

I haven't seen him play in a Bucks uniform yet, but I hear he's good. How has he been playing so far?
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #34
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Sure, his crew was/is annoying as hell but they only have Yi's best interest in mind. He looked elite out there against the bulls tonight, but who doesn't?! seriously though, he's a great player.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #35
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

I think Yi is really overrated. He's a decent player, but by no means will he be an allstar or super star player during his NBA career. He hasn't impressed me at all from the Summer league, preseason, or first few games. I think he has a lot of work to do to live up to his 6th pick in the draft spot.
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #36
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw21
I think Yi is really overrated. He's a decent player, but by no means will he be an allstar or super star player during his NBA career. He hasn't impressed me at all from the Summer league, preseason, or first few games. I think he has a lot of work to do to live up to his 6th pick in the draft spot.

They said the same thing about Yao. It's possible he could be a great player. Time will tell.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #37
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

dude has a great touch and range too. i haven't seen than from a 7 footer since Barnyanni outta toronto and dirk b4 him. yi was a great pick up for the bucks. i can see all 5 teams in the central making the playoffs one year in the near future.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 AM   #38
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

guys.. he is a freaking rookie and he is already starting! the majority of the rookies out there ride the bench. give him a break, he is good
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 AM   #39
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

When an Asian comes into the league as a lottery pick, he has that much more to prove.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 AM   #40
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

He's starting because he would only sign with the Bucks if they let him start and play like 15 mpg.
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:18 AM   #41
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Yi put up 16/8/1/2/2 tonight. Where's that guy who was telling us he'll be out of the NBA in 4 years?

That's right Yi, keep upping that trade value my boy. He'll be in La in no time, and you'll have Crittenton
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 AM   #42
kidachi

Yi doesn't have the amount of hype others would say he has.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 AM   #43
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw21
I think Yi is really overrated. He's a decent player, but by no means will he be an allstar or super star player during his NBA career. .

You can tell this from two games?
I'm not saying he will be...but maybe we could let him develop before making sweeping statements about the his career path.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #44
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

feels like i stepped into a time machine back to yao's rookie year.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:38 AM   #45
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Actually got to watch Yi last night (yea!! free league pass) might be the last time I see him until Mil comes to NY.

He looked like every big rookie -- big, slow, lost and awkward. Could just be a rookie thing. Didn't see anything ot make me think he's going ot be an nba star.

Bargs looked the same way in his rook year. But now he's the leading scorer for the Raps ( altho Bosh is still not 100%)

Many times last year I wanted to throw my remote at him because he always travelled when he decides to drive, and cant rebound for crap, but look at him now. Developing some post moves, actually can box out and pull some rebounds, plus still got that sweet jumper.

Altho this year he develop some crazy head fake that makes him look like he's having seizures.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: