Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

/\bstract has decent reputation/\bstract has decent reputation
Default I'm Getting Tested

I finally found the nerve to call and schedule an appointment to get tested for HIV. I can't do it in my home town, so I looked up the next closest town which is Shelby Montana. I'm scheduled tomorrow to come in for a blood test tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I was told the results will not get back for 5-7 business days.

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. I think I'm going to be OK. Thanks guys for pushing me to get this done finally. I can't go on not knowing.

I'm going to be fine, right? Pray for me if you believe in god. If I can get just this off my chest, I'll be able to move on in my life. If it wasn't for this place I would have never encouraged myself to do this. Thank you guys.
/\bstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm Getting Tested

Good luck to you. You're really doing yourself a favor. Life is about dealing with different scenarios and putting it into perspective. ;)
You'll be just fine.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well... good luck. What makes you think you've got the hiv, anyway?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Thanks. I know the odds are way in my favor I'm just a hypocondriact about this stuff. When I see a bump or red spot on me I freak out like I have HIV. I've read about this on the internet about others who go through the same thing, and 99% of the time they're fine they just worry themselves sick.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Well... good luck. What makes you think you've got the hiv, anyway?

Read the HIV thread.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
/\bstract
Mind-Raped

I have to head to work guys. Thanks for helping me to the first step, which is getting an appointment set up. I even told the doctors office what I was coming in for, so that way I wont feel so nervous about lying about it. I just couldnt do it in my own hometown.

Still the 1 in every 300 Americans has HIV scares me.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Go ahead man. There are few fears worse than the fear of not knowing. Whatever direction it goes, at least you'll know and it will be in your hands.

Congratulations on taking the decision.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by /\bstract

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. .
shouldnt you be thinking negative instead?

HIVs no big deal if your rich. just look at magic
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #9
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Those 5-7 business days will be the longest of your life.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've got a feeling the OP is just ****ing with us.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

I think your going to pass it good luck to you and I will be prayin for ya
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #12
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Hopefully you just got herpes, which is no big deal really.

Good luck.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

heres a spoken word version of a great song about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOa1NMvQ5qY
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #14
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

good luck. study hard. let us know the results.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by /\bstract
I finally found the nerve to call and schedule an appointment to get tested for HIV. I can't do it in my home town, so I looked up the next closest town which is Shelby Montana. I'm scheduled tomorrow to come in for a blood test tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I was told the results will not get back for 5-7 business days.

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. I think I'm going to be OK. Thanks guys for pushing me to get this done finally. I can't go on not knowing.

I'm going to be fine, right? Pray for me if you believe in god. If I can get just this off my chest, I'll be able to move on in my life. If it wasn't for this place I would have never encouraged myself to do this. Thank you guys.

You mean you need to think negative ;)
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: