Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Is Profit going to make the team?

I know he got cut after his injury last year but i was wondering if he would be signed after training camp or something. He was a pretty good back-up and looked just like Kobe sometimes(didn't play like him though). I know during the season most people were saying that he would be signed, but now we have a lot of guards that may reduce the chances of getting Laron back. And also we might need some depth at PF and C because we only have Kwame, Mihm, Bynum, Odom, and Turiaf there.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess we will have to wait until traning camp to hear how he is doing. Up to now, I have not heard anything really.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

During training camp there are gonna be players who show up all competing for a spot. Some of our draftees might not even make it (jr pinnock)

Other Guys like Devin green were stepping it up showing why he should stay around. so I am guessing we might not see laron .
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Notice also that there's been no talk of Kareem Rush either... I honestly thought that when Phillip stuck up for Kareem when he was let go at Charlotte, that they would find a way to get him on the roster.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didnt realize we had so many options.

Well we got evans now and hes a better defender than rush.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
SoCalMike

I agree with you there... I think Evans will turn out to be a key role player on defense... something Kareem could not be.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lets try and list all our gaurds...correct me if I miss someone.

Kobe
Evans
Parker
Sasha
Williams
Farmar
Green
Luke (can play gaurd and SF)

Jesus christ 8 gaurds??

anyone else?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

uhm lamar? he can play pg remember? heh
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far
Default Aaron McKie

You forgot Aaron McKie LOL we are stocked at guard no argument there dose not look good for Profit
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnehm
You forgot Aaron McKie LOL we are stocked at guard no argument there dose not look good for Profit

I respect phil alot as a coach but if he keeps that old ass **** aaron Mckie I will hate him because Aaron has had his years already. He is done now he should hang it up and do something else for cryin out loud. Guys like Smush, Profit, and Green and even JR Pinnock are fighting so hard by playing extremely well and they are looking for jobs here. Come on phil Mckie is garbage get rid of him to make room for YOUNGER PLAYERS.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 AM   #11
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I respect phil alot as a coach but if he keeps that old ass **** aaron Mckie I will hate him because Aaron has had his years already. He is done now he should hang it up and do something else for cryin out loud. Guys like Smush, Profit, and Green and even JR Pinnock are fighting so hard by playing extremely well and they are looking for jobs here. Come on phil Mckie is garbage get rid of him to make room for YOUNGER PLAYERS.

Agreed!

Also, if Profit is healthy, I would take him over McKee at t his point!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Agreed!

Also, if Profit is healthy, I would take him over McKee at t his point!!!!

Seriously man. And dont get me wrong Mckie used to be GREAT but now his age has most definitely caught up with him and he isnt any good.

Keeping him isnt any good financially or bball wise for that matter. If phil wants locker room prescense then keep him as a damn coach or something but im saying this guy is done playing right now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: