Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
bigbirdballer
I airball my layups

bigbirdballer has an OK reputation so far
Default who?

the pistons need a good bigman who can produce numbers when rip tay and chaunsey are having trouble...no one really has stepped up..changes needed?
bigbirdballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

PistonsFan1119 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: who?

They do need a big man who can produce on both ends but I dont neccesarily think that they need to make changes.
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
bigbirdballer
I airball my layups

bigbirdballer has an OK reputation so far

i see what your sayin bur sheet just aint gettin done and webber is just out there
bigbirdballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

wait until next year, Amir and Max will be a exciting frontcourt duo...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

Jermaine O'Neal? Big man who's excellent at both ends. Will be available.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

yea they do need a big man to turn there game up a notch and help them put up even more points on the board
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I feel like they should bring c-webb back, just as a quick offensive weapon off the bench
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Why? Who would you cut? Whose minutes would you take away?

If there's a serious, long-term injury to one of the 5 bigs on the roster, it makes sense to waive Dupree and bring him back, which is exactly what they're planning on doing. As it is, Amir Johnson has only received garbage minutes against Orlando, no rotation minutes yet. Bringing in another big and putting him in front of Johnson just makes the situation worse.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've felt for a while that is our weakness. We know Rasheed is a championship caliber big man but the rest is still a big question mark. I think Webber in a more limited role would certainly help the team. He's the best available big man. Actually what we should have done is signed Juwan Howard, then picked up Jalen Rose, then resigned Webber and tried to put the fab five back together in MI.......... just kidding there. But in all seriousness I believe Webber can still help this team. I think they have plans to bring him in later in the season. 82 games is a long season for a vet. Maybe they are purposely trying to figure things out in the begining of the season so C-Web can play a shortened season and hopefully be at full strength for the playoffs.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #10
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

While I believe that C-Webb is a clear upgrade over Ronald Dupree (we have enough that can play SF), I stand firm with my belief that minutes are the problem, not whether or not he's an upgrade. There just aren't enough minutes in the game for another big man with his skill set. Why bring him back later in the season, when Maxiell and Johnson have another half season of experience under their belts, the team has begun to gel, and chemistry is established?

The answer is, there is no room for C-Webb unless there's a serious injury to a big. Rasheed and McDyess are there for consistency and dependability, Mohammed is there to check the bigger bigs (O'Neal, Howard so far), and Johnson and Maxiell are there to bring energy. Of all those roles, C-Webb fits in the first one the best. If something happened to Rasheed or Antonio, he'll get a call. If not, I really don't see what role C-Webb will fill and who's minutes he'll take.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

they should bring C-webb back he helped a lot last year on offence. He was the first big guy we have had that can score in like a decade
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_blue
they should bring C-webb back he helped a lot last year on offence. He was the first big guy we have had that can score in like a decade

Have you noticed that we acquired Rasheed Wallace in 2004? Antonio McDyess in 2005? Webber only scored 11.3 per game last year for us...

Also, what big are you talking about a decade ago? Bison Dele?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Also, what big are you talking about a decade ago? Bison Dele?

That's too funny. I forgot all about him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: