Re: Whats wrong will the heat?
From what I've seen so far, there have been a couple of things:
1) Turnovers. They are constantly turning the ball over. The main culprit has been Wade. He does control the ball alot and tries to make plays, but he really needs to take care of the ball. PG injury also has something to do with this.
2) Defense. Their are times when the defense is great, but most of the times it's not getting it done. They allow way to many easy points at times. It's the team defense that needs to improve. Like Pat Riley said to reporters, that when the heat get into this bad offensive spells, their defense suffers out of frustration, which then allows for the opposing team to go on these huge runs.
3) Finishing games. I never thought that this would be a problem, especially with Wade, but it has been so far. I've seen games where the heat will be on top in the fourth quarter only to have it slip away. Either the other teams gets on a run in the 4 and diminishes the heats lead, or we'll get cold all of a sudden and we let the other team get back. That can't happen if we want to win.
4) That one Quarter. I've seen it happen time and time again. That one quarter, usually the third, where out of nowhere, the other team gets on a huge run, and all of a sudden they have either caught up to us, past us, or have built on their lead. All of a sudden a 4 point game goes to 14 point game in favor of the other team. It's going to be hard winning when you constantly have to try to scratch away at a lead.
5) Injuries. Though I think we wouldn't be doing so well even if our players were healthy, we probablly wouldn't look this bad. That career ending injury to Zo really hurt. The injuries to our point guards has really hurt. Shaq's injury and dwaynes former injury has also hurt the team.
6) Age. This is the least problem I see simply because of the fact that the celtics are haveing a fanatstic year and most of their important players are in their 30's. But Shaq has definitly begun to show his age. He just doesn't have the same movement he had before. His post moves just aren't effective anymore.
7) Coaching/front office. Yes, I said it. Pat Riley just isn't getting it done. He's reling way to much on dwayne and shaq to make plays. I don't see him inspiring his players like before. Of course, this is easy to say as they are losing, but in all seriousness, he dug this hole. I knew in the long run we would pay for it, but i'll say this much. It was worth it. We got a championship out of it. Perhaps it is time to step down, again? Only time will tell.
I guess, in the end, we aren'd doing very good. I personally would like to rebuild. We got some great young players. Some would say that Wade would leave in free agency if we aren't winning, but I don't think he will. He has a ring and loves Miami, I doubt he is going anywhere. We rebuild around wade and come back next year with young, hungry, energetic players.