Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Round Robin
Kids at the park dunk on me

Round Robin has an OK reputation so far
Default Detroit 116, Orlando 92

Detroit 116, Orlando 92

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 2 (AP) -- The Orlando Magic may have improved this offseason, though still not enough to beat Detroit yet. Even if the Pistons are without Richard Hamilton, and even though they played the night before.

Chauncey Billups had 18 points and seven assists Friday night, and the Pistons won their second straight without their leading scorer, 116-92...http://www.nba.com/games/20071102/DETORL/recap.html

Detroit is off to a nice 2-0 start. I know it's too early to go breaking things down but they are shooting over 48% from the floor and holding opponents to 86 PPG. They are infusing their new talent into the lineup fairly well and once can only think that they will be much more versatile when Stuckey and Amir can start getting some decent minutes.

Dumars added some nice pieces to the team without blowing things up too much, I'm hoping for a nice season.

Notables
-Tayshaun Prince has started very strong, averaging 25.5 points on 59.4% shooting while grabbing 6.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. He is also the only player on the team so far averaging over 35 minutes per contest.

-Jarvis Hayes is averaging 25 minutes, 10.5 points and 5.5 boards per game off the bench and looks to be a key piece off the bench

-Rooke Aaron Afflalo hasn't been overly impressive but he has averaged 20 minutes per game while shooting 50% and his defensive mentally fits him in nicely with the team.

-Despite saying several times that Richard Hamilton would play on Friday, the Pistons have now revealed that he will not be with the team tonight in Orlando.

And contrary to earlier reports, he welcomed the birth of a son, Richard Clay Hamilton II, and not a baby girl on Wednesday. He should be ready for the home opener against the Hawks on Sunday, although the team is not making any predictions this time.

-Detroit (2-0)takes on Atlanta (1-0) next, this coming Sunday.
Round Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Detroit 116, Orlando 92

I think the game on Sunday will be interesting. With the way Atlanta played against Dallas who knows how they will look against another solid team. I really like what Prince has done thus far. Maybe it's finally his year to go to the all star game. Hopefully the Pistons can keep this going.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Much different look from Atlanta than we saw against Orlando and Miami. They're young and athletic, and I'm interested to see how Detroit keeps up with them.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

i think that the pistons are going to go 3-0 against Atlanta. The Hawks have improves since last but there young athletic team wont be able to be a smart veterain team.
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: