Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Pacers/Grizzles thread

Quickly putting their worst season in a decade behind them, the Pacers look to open 2007-08 with a third straight victory when they visit the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday.

The Pacers (2-0) beat Miami 87-85 on Friday and will try to start 3-0 for the second time in four seasons, while looking for a third straight victory over the Grizzlies (0-1).

Last season, Indiana finished 35-47 and missed the playoffs for the first time since 1996-97. The result got coach Rick Carlisle fired and opened the door for former Boston and Philadelphia coach O'Brien to return after a two-year hiatus.

"His personality has rubbed off on this team in a major way from day one,'' said Jermaine O'Neal, who made his debut Friday after sitting out Indiana's 119-110 overtime win over Washington on Wednesday with a hyperextended left knee. "His relationship with this team has gone way beyond basketball. We're willing to lay it on the line. It doesn't matter who's out there.''

The Pacers, who haven't started 3-0 since 2004-05, were able to win another close game Friday.

Danny Granger had 25 points while shooting 10-for-13 from the field - including 4-for-6 from 3-point range - and nine rebounds for Indiana, which rallied from a seven-point deficit in the final four minutes to remain undefeated for its new coach.

"We're not going to win every game, but we're not going to stop playing,'' Granger said. "We're going to play our style until the buzzer. I would bet to say we're going to win more than we're going to lose.''

O'Neal had 10 points, nine rebounds, seven assists and three blocks in 24 minutes Friday night. The 11-year veteran forward averaged 24.0 points and 13.0 rebounds in Indiana's two victories over Memphis last season.

Memphis looks to avoid opening with two straight losses for the second time in four years. The Grizzlies hung tough Wednesday, but fell 104-101 to San Antonio.

"We are a team still trying to figure things out. I think we did a pretty good job," said Memphis' Pau Gasol, who had 22 points versus the reigning NBA champions. "We are not patting ourselves on the back. We have to work for it."

Though there were 16 lead changes, 17 ties and the Grizzlies remained competitive, the club expects more than keeping a game close.

"I think we are happy with where we are at," Miller said. "At the same time, we have got to get a lot better. We don't play to be close. We play to win. It should be something to build on, but at the same time, it is disappointing."

Gasol averaged 24.5 points and 11 rebounds in the two losses to the Pacers last season. He had 30 points and shot 12-for-22 in a 116-110 home loss to Indiana on Feb. 3. Miller had 26 points and went 6-for-11 from beyond the arc in the same contest.

Memphis has lost two of its last three home meetings with Indiana.

The Pacers lead the overall series 19-4 but all four of those losses have come in six trips to Memphis. The Pacers are 11-0 at home and were 6-0 when the Grizzlies played their home games in Vancouver.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_071103.html

Last edited by catzhernandez : 11-03-2007 at 11:58 AM.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pacers/Grizzles thread

I predict a 106 - 87 victory...

3-0!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its going to be interesting game. Everyone was looking for the Grizzlies to be improved this season but they are obiously not. I am looking indy to pull up and win the game. :)
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Its going to be interesting game. Everyone was looking for the Grizzlies to be improved this season but they are obiously not. I am looking indy to pull up and win the game. :)
FO-SHO
Old 11-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Tinsley gets 30 points for the 94-89 win.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
I bet you didn't even notice that Memphis have only played one game and that game was against the best team in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs. I also bet you didn't notice that we only lost by 3. So we've only played one game and you're already saying that we haven't improved?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

I was going to point that out, but I didn't watch the game so for all I knew the Spurs led by like 100 and then just handed the ball to the Grizzlies players for the rest of the game.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pacers by 10. granger will have another great game.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Pacers by 5, Gasol will have 25 + points 10 rebounds.

It will be a close game but Granger will deliver in the final minute.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
Pacers by 5, Gasol will have 25 + points 10 rebounds.

It will be a close game but Granger will deliver in the final minute.

every believes in the pacers right now! yayy!!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

wow, granger and dunleavy are excellent!! they are each 2 for 2. early 13-3 lead!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

DUNLEAVY baby!!! that's all I got to say...It's the end of the first quarter, Pacers are up 40-31...what offense this new Pacers team has!!! 40 in the first quarter! Dunleavy has 10 pts/2 rbs/3 ast. ... Granger with a quick 8 pts/1 ast. ... Rush has knocked downa couple of shots, JO has 5/3. ... Tinsley with a couple of timely shots as well... they shot 65% from the field as a team that first quarter.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Granger with 12 now, he's gonna be a star, guys... lots of offense this game, Pacers will have more than 110 points

Last edited by catzhernandez : 11-03-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #14
marny_navis
Banned

Is it on cable?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Is it on cable?
No, it's on FSN Indiana... regional...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: