Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 02:51 AM   #1
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation
Default Final moves?

Okay, the roster is nearly set. They're at 13 players so far.

PG - Harris, Johnson
SG - Terry, Buckner, Ager
SF - Howard, Stackhouse
PF - Dirk, Croshere
C - Diop, Dampier

Reserve: Mbenga, Pavel, ???

Hopefully Dallas will pick up Pops-Mensah-Bonsu so there is the Powell replacement and Pops will probably spend most of his time on the reserve list and/or NBDL. That leaves room for one last veteran free agent pickup. They still have about $2 million left from the MLE. Devean George and Reggie Evans have been mentioned. I'd love for George to be here, he can hit the open jumper and he does have some range. Other options are to just go with a sharpshooting veteran who is past his prime but can be had for cheap and won't complain about lack of minutes. Jim Jackson or Wesley Person.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

I agree that we sign Pops and let the kid develop in the D league. He'd be a great 3rd option PF just in case Dirk or AC got hurt.

I'm all for the Devean George acquistion. I think he provides some size and range at that swing spot and basically adds to our superior depth. With that said, I really can't see him coming here since he'd have virtually no PT without injuries.

I'm sure he could go somewhere else at the same price with more guarenteed PT.

Jim Jackson would be a nice alternative, but I'm not sure thats possible given the teams history with him.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

there have been several articles since that first one came out that quote avery and cuban denying it all. All of the articles that appeared were based off of the initial report from some no name paper.

i found a good one somewhere (can't remember where) where cuban said he was never even approached by the columnist.

While the factual informaiton is correct in the article (aj's salary, length, his achievements this year), it doesn't appear he actually spoke to either party involved.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The final move needs to be devin and stack and maybe a first rounder for Joe Johnson. The mavs would be easily the favorite to win the title then.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:59 AM   #5
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The final move needs to be devin and stack and maybe a first rounder for Joe Johnson. The mavs would be easily the favorite to win the title then.
id love that trade
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: