Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default A plea to the posters of ISH:

Dear ISH community:

Let's place a moratorium on talk about season averages for a few games. In multiple threads on the front page of the forum, players' averages (for many different statistics) are being discussed.

I don't think I really need to explain why it's a little silly to discuss them at this point. I would just like to respectfully request that we not try to use them for purposes of discussion until everyone's played 10 or so games.

So yeah...if we could do that (in the interest of rationality), that'd be great.

Love,

saKf
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A plea to the posters of ISH:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Dear ISH community:

Let's place a moratorium on talk about season averages for a few games. In multiple threads on the front page of the forum, players' averages (for many different statistics) are being discussed.

I don't think I really need to explain why it's a little silly to discuss them at this point. I would just like to respectfully request that we not try to use them for purposes of discussion until everyone's played 10 or so games.

So yeah...if we could do that (in the interest of rationality), that'd be great.

Love,

saKf

I'm sorry but when Greg Buckner is averageing FOUR steals a game...it needs to be known.

P.S Barea is shooting 77.78% from the field. OMG
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I'm sorry but when Greg Buckner is averageing FOUR steals a game...it needs to be known.

P.S Barea is shooting 77.78% from the field. OMG

I always new Buckner was a defensive force.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I love Greg Buckner, regardless of his status as a tool with which to make fun of saKf in this thread.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
I love Greg Buckner.

DUMBASS!!!
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

while you are at it, you should also plead these morons to control their urges and not spit out crap. The game threads are ridiculous and very childish. Just a bunch of h.a.t.e.r.s and homers going at it. Its very lame and pathetic to be honest. Kids!
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dear ISH community:

Love,

saKf

ahhh

since you signed it with love, we will honor your humble request!!
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Greg Buckner is alright.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Another request:

If we could wait to make huge sweeping generalizations about how the entire season will go for a team when they've only played three games (special attention to Bulls fans on this one), that'd be great. Just makes for a bunch of irrational conclusion-jumping.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Another request:

If we could wait to make huge sweeping generalizations about how the entire season will go for a team when they've only played three games (special attention to Bulls fans on this one), that'd be great. Just makes for a bunch of irrational conclusion-jumping.
You're just going too far. I mean, Charlotte is leading the southeast division right now. Are you daring to suggest they might not keep that lead? Blasphemy!!
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
You're just going too far. I mean, Charlotte is leading the southeast division right now. Are you daring to suggest they might not keep that lead? Blasphemy!!

No hating on Charlotte. Felton, J-Rich, G-Dub, Okafor.... they might as well.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Raymond Felton has looked sick in the bits and bobs I've seen of him. I can't bring myself to watch a whole Bobcats game.

Hopefully this is the year he catches up with Paul and Williams. Though both of those guys look like they are taking more big steps forward.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #13
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
True, it could be. Maybe I should have said "share the best record in the east" to make my point.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

why should we listen to you, sakf? your posts / game through the opening week have been anemic. and your burns / min rating hasn't even hit .500 yet. of course you don't want to look at stats!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #15
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dear ISH community:

Love,

saKf

I hope this wasn't in reference to my Dunleavy thread. We gotta give him some love when he starts off like this, he has been a much maligned character in these pages for so long. Celebrating his success is much needed for the karmic balance of the entire community.

Spread the love SaKf, and be happy we are discussing basketball, as oppose to discussing other posters ad nauseum.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: