Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

Default Trade Help

I need help on a trade offer. I need to boost my steals and assists a bit more since I can't do much to improve my %'s without trading my entire team. I am pretty dominate in points, rebounds, and blocks so I am trying to get Paul for more assists and steals.
My Team:
Lebron James
Iggy
Deron Williams
Dwight Howard
McGrady
Chandler
Gordon
Felton
Gay
Bogut
Milicic
Horford
Tyrus Thomas
Damien Wilkins

His Team:
Nash
Hinrich
Ricky Davis
Gerald Wallace
Tim Thomas
McDyess
Al Harrington
Troy Murphy
Bibby
Childress
Boozer
Paul
Walton
Perkins

I am thinking it will have to be a 2 for 2 and have no problem offereing James or Iggy but don't know who else to ask for and give to square it up. Any help would be great. Thanks
rysharps7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
LakersFO
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Trade Help

Trading Lebron for helps assists a bit and stls alot along with ft%. Thats probably your best bet to get Paul. im having issue with the second palyer in the package from both sides. Lets start with your strengths..rebs..ok...offer either Tyrus(wildlly inconsistent) or Al Horford(i haven't completely figured him out) for a legit consistent player like Walton(better than most know) 5reb and 5 assist a night with a stl and 3. Or aim high with the second part like(ricky davis, boozer, Wallace or bibby) then counter around them

The othe owner has Nash so losing CP3 isn't a bad strategy for him.

Trading Iggy goes against your strategy to gain stls. I see many 5stl nights for iggy.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

How about LeBron and Gay for Paul and G-Wall? I was thinking he needs another big man as McDyess, Murphy and Perkins aren't cutting it for him, so maybe Bogut instead of Gay, but I don't know if you think GWall is enough in return.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
RapsFan
Good college starter

If you deal Lebron, you need to win on the 2nd part of the deal fairly significantly in my opinion, as good as CP is. I like the Bogut/Gwall add to it and I think that is plenty fair.

Side note, your team is stacked. This must be a very small league or you're playing with a bunch of misfits. : Go with a larger league next year...it's more fun.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

I thought I had a good team as well but actually lost my first week matchup 7-4 which I couldn't believe. I lost assists, steals, TO, 3PTM, and all the %s so I am not sure if I had a bad week and he just has one of the other good teams or if I need to change something.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
LakersFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysharps7
I thought I had a good team as well but actually lost my first week matchup 7-4 which I couldn't believe. I lost assists, steals, TO, 3PTM, and all the %s so I am not sure if I had a bad week and he just has one of the other good teams or if I need to change something.

Little bit of both...you need to change things.

Mcgrady
Howard
Bron Bron
IGGY

Are killers at TO and %'s. And you have four of them, normally one of two of them is bad.

If i were you start throwing out some feelers quick. Lucky for you they are big names. Some people don't see the weaknesses behind these names. Target them.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

I was thinking of offering a trade like Lebron and Bogut/Gay for Paul and Hinrich. That seems like a decent first offer and that will get me some more steals, assists, and some 3s from Hinrich.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysharps7
I was thinking of offering a trade like Lebron and Bogut/Gay for Paul and Hinrich. That seems like a decent first offer and that will get me some more steals, assists, and some 3s from Hinrich.

If he's smart, he doesn't let them both go, but try it and see. Getting Hinrich instead of GWall lessens the deal for you, so maybe he does go for it, but you are dealing some serious boards (around 18 per night). I still think taking GWall balances your team more, but see what you can work.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

I started with James and Bogut. I think I can do without his rebounds since I still have Howard and Chandler. I would like to keep him though, I just wish I knew what Gay's numbers will look like this season.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

Ok I cancelled my trade of James and Bogut for Wallace and Paul. Both have been performing well by my standards so I am hesitant to let them go. Especially if James keeps up being a triple doulbe threat every night like he is. I think I should just wait out this week to get a better read on what I actually need to fix my team. I agree though that I will have to move Iggy, James, or McGrady. I am going to hold onto Howard though I have a good feeling about him.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #11
LakersFO

You are essentially punting FT% maybe even turnovers. Thats a ton to give away. Especially with such elite names anchoring your team to the bottom of the standings.

Be careful with your strategy. It usually works with a predraft game plan. Which you are on the other side of the spectrum.

Punting one cat is hard enough...two maybe three is disaster.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #12
LakersFO

Balance.

Your team doesn't have it. We aren't talking about talent. You are absolutely loaded with talent. They just don't compliment each other. Plain and simple.

What else do you have in mind for IGGY, Mcgrady, Howard, Bron, rest of your team.

I would still target Paul. With Lebron playing so well...you could ask for more in the deal. Thats the approach i would take.

You have alot of work to get done.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #13
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

Yeah I definitely plan to do something. My plan was to wait till the end of this week so I have a few more games to go on with what stats I am getting from everybody and decided what moves I should make. I guess my biggest hold up if finding acceptable trades for my big name players that will give me better %'s while still maintaining some of the other stats I can get from them.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

How is it possible that a team with Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, LeBron James and Tracy McGrady needs more assists?

EDIT: Your FT% will be bad as long as LeBron and Howard are on your team so yo'd have to move both. And a trade with the team you're looking at isn't going to make you above average in that category because that team doesn't have any power free throw shooters.
If you're going to keep Howard, you might as well boost your FG%. Boozer would be an ideal candidate to do this.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-09-2007 at 01:04 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #15
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

OK one team has both Rashard Lewis and Chris Bosh and I think they would go along way towards helping my shooting woes. What do people think and got ideas on who I would offer. I am assuming that James would have to be a part of this one but not sure who to offer as the second piece.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: