Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default are you still optimistic?

There were lots of excited grizzlies fans this offseason because of the coaching change, the darko and JCN signings, and the supposed new style of play. I was cautiously optimistic myself, i thought the grizzlies would be a decent team, maybe able to slide into the 8th spot in the west. Now though, after watching the games, this team reminds me alot of last years team when barone took over, like the grizz are in the game, but they really arent. They get down big, then start to come back, but just cannot make a stop. The ball movement is downright aweful. I swear no one on the team can seem to create a shot for anyone else, or even make a basic pass to an open man.

Anyways, i know it is early, but is anyone else worried that nothing much has changed and this team just isnt any good, again?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: are you still optimistic?

My optimism levels have gone a bit but I'm still on the optimistic side. It's only been 2 games and most things will come together in time, you can't expect to have everyone meshing right away.

During the offseason I was very excited about the new team, I was looking forward to seeing the duo of Pau and Darko and the addition of JCN and Conley and not to mention, Tarence Kinsey. But, like I said before, it's only been 2 games and most things such as; communication, ball movement et cetera will start to get better as the season goes on.

As I've said all along during the offseason, I see Grizzlies finishing around the 10th - 12th spot. We might hit the 8th or 9th spot if somehow everyone gets into gear and makes things click, but until then I see us finishing around 10th - 12th.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Hey back again troops. Forgot the URL of this board.
As the regulars on here know, I thought the Grizz should have traded Pau during the off season and still feel that way. His trade value will only go down every year and he is not going to lead them to any playoff wins.
I know people on here love Pau so I won't say anymore about that.
I still wonder why the Grizz would draft the 4th overall pick in the draft and
make him a 3rd stringer. Conley may eventually be a star but he isn't going to get a chance as a 3rd stringer. You want the 4th pick in the draft to either
start or get quality minutes right away. Shane was the 5th pick and he started every game. Yi and Horford are starting. I mean why would you draft a point guard if you already had two quality point guards and were not going to trade anyone? Especially now that they got Navarro. He can play point too and that makes another quality guard. I think they should start Conley and let him make his mistakes. He will add some excitement and give the team a boost.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I think they could still finish around five games below .500.The problem is the starting unit does not mesh.The main poprioter is stoudamire.He is a shoot first guy.If he is not shooting well then he is useless.They should start lowry.Who I honestly think he forces things too much.I really like conley.In terms of real point guards he is by far our best.He leads in assist.And doesnt even avg one turnover.He really has no shot though.His defense is shaky but is workable.Look an juan carlos'.Bu his offense keeps him on the floor.Dosent matter now cause he is out for awhile.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 AM   #5
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I think they could still finish around five games below .500.The problem is the starting unit does not mesh.The main poprioter is stoudamire.He is a shoot first guy.If he is not shooting well then he is useless.They should start lowry.Who I honestly think he forces things too much.I really like conley.In terms of real point guards he is by far our best.He leads in assist.And doesnt even avg one turnover.He really has no shot though.His defense is shaky but is workable.Look an juan carlos'.Bu his offense keeps him on the floor.Dosent matter now cause he is out for awhile.

I don't understand what you said about Navarro.

And, is there a reason whay Rudy Gay is making much more shots than Gasol? I mean, I really like the guy, but I think Pau will still make more shots than him.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
I don't understand what you said about Navarro.

And, is there a reason whay Rudy Gay is making much more shots than Gasol? I mean, I really like the guy, but I think Pau will still make more shots than him.
I agree the first option should be Pau, or atleast the guy closest to the basket, whether that be Pau, Darko, Hakim or Swift. Either way Gay should not be taking as many shots as he is.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I'm not too optimistic about the Grizzlies right now, but if Pau decides to stay and not ask to be traded next season, I think they might be able to make the playoffs. I don't think Conley will be a very solid PG until his 3rd season or so.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I was saying thaT JUAN has no defense.He can shoot and his passing suspect.But because he is able to roll off a couple of threes.That allows him to be on the floor.Conley can pass and read defenses.But he has no shot.His man to man defense is not so good.But I think if juan can playing time solely on his shooting ability.Then I think that conley should get playing time for his passing ability.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #9
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I was saying thaT JUAN has no defense.He can shoot and his passing suspect.But because he is able to roll off a couple of threes.That allows him to be on the floor.Conley can pass and read defenses.But he has no shot.His man to man defense is not so good.But I think if juan can playing time solely on his shooting ability.Then I think that conley should get playing time for his passing ability.

I agree with that. The problem is: If Navarro plays, you can put Lowry or Kinsey to help a bit defense.

But, if you want to keep Navarro or Jacobsen playing (I hope Navarro, it's far better), and you put Conley, you have 2 guys with no good defense. That could be the reason Conley isn't playing more minutes.

And don't forget Iavaroni is a rookie too (as a main coach, I mean).
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yes
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I'm not too optimistic about the Grizzlies right now, but if Pau decides to stay and not ask to be traded next season, I think they might be able to make the playoffs. I don't think Conley will be a very solid PG until his 3rd season or so.
geez marns, you're in every forum I go to! LOL
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: