Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Cassell and Dunleavy Disagree On Playing Time

Quote:
Cassell believes that his body is in supreme condition that he can play 30-plus minutes per night. Dunleavy prefers to play Cassell between 20-25 minutes, spelling him with off-season acquisition Brevin Knight.
Quote:
It is possible that Cassell could live with that, IF he was guaranteed to be on the floor in the fourth quarter, which Cassell said is his money quarter and which he has proven over the course of his 15-year career.

Quote:
I know I can make shots in the fourth quarter, Cassell said. (Dunleavy) knows I can make shots in the fourth quarter. Everybody on this team knows that I can make shots in the fourth quarter. Everybody in this league knows that I can make shots in the fourth quarter.

Article Link

Have to agree with both on this one. Cassell shouldn't play that much yet but should be in the fourth quarter.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Cassell and Dunleavy Disagree On Playing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Article Link

Have to agree with both on this one. Cassell shouldn't play that much yet but should be in the fourth quarter.

It really depends on the situation. I really like Brevin Knight's defense and the way he runs the offense. Right now our offense looks very smooth and defensively we are only weak on the interior when Kaman is out. With Knight in there we force more TOs and get more steals and im loving it. When we need more offense Im sure Cassell would play more in the fourth anyways.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

i gotta go with the coach... his stamina would be a huge problem when it's playoffs time (that is if the Clips make it there)... he should mantain his health and prevent any injury/wearing out...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Let's look on the brightside: If we were in New York, this would be a MUCH bigger deal.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:13 AM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Let's look on the brightside: If we were in New York, this would be a MUCH bigger deal.

Speaking of New York, what a close call that was. Our lack of rebounding is exposed again as Tim Thomas repeatedly lets his man grab boards over him as he still does not know how to box out. When Dunleavy puts in Aaron Williams over you, you really should try hard to start grabbing some boards.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Speaking of New York, what a close call that was. Our lack of rebounding is exposed again as Tim Thomas repeatedly lets his man grab boards over him as he still does not know how to box out. When Dunleavy puts in Aaron Williams over you, you really should try hard to start grabbing some boards.
I think it is time to let Thornton work out the kinks and start him over Thomas. It seems as if Dunleavy pulls Thornton out as soon as he misses a shot or makes a mistake.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
vood002
I brick open layups

vood002 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02

LOL.

We don't even know what cassell has on dunleavey...he knows things...dunleavey wouldnt dare bench him.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vood002
LOL.

We don't even know what cassell has on dunleavey...he knows things...dunleavey wouldnt dare bench him.

I cant help but smile at that
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I think it is time to let Thornton work out the kinks and start him over Thomas. It seems as if Dunleavy pulls Thornton out as soon as he misses a shot or makes a mistake.

I have seen this too and find it quite depressing...

It sucks that tonight Thornton and Corey will not be playing because of ankle injuries...

I think when it come to cassel that he should not play much if the team is still planning on a running game. I think its actually a detterent to have him starting, as he tends to slow down the game..

Brevin is known to be quick and a stellar passer.. i think the clips should take advantage of his abilities and push the offence...

Of course when it come to the final quarter, I do not deny that TheTurtle is always money, so I would like to see Cassel in there when the game is on the line...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: