Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Harrington?

is there any word on the Harrington deal??? I still havent heard anything yet on it, well anything official...anyone know whats going on
PacerRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

heres a little insite on it
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=2528093
i guess it was about money..when isnt it about money

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-31-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

whats going on with harrington?? why arent they making it official?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i heard we're giving atl the trade exemption and some $. no players getting traded as far as i know.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if Indy will give in for this trade. I think they are the only team after Harrington right now.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think they will. he's a perfect fit and they can give him a starting pf spot if they have o'neal start as center. i really liked him when he played b4.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

The snags are that the Hawks want a future first from the Pacers along with making them absorb the contract of John Edwards and 3 mil in cash. The Pacers want a lower draft pick to be traded or less cash to be. I still think the deal will come through.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
The snags are that the Hawks want a future first from the Pacers along with making them absorb the contract of John Edwards and 3 mil in cash. The Pacers want a lower draft pick to be traded or less cash to be. I still think the deal will come through.

so edwards is in the deal afterall. i don't think i'd get rid of a future 1st. indy has already traded away future 2nd rd picks. but if the team plays well, i guess i couldn't complain.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

ya u gotta give up something to get something, and i think the pacers should give up that future 1st. Harrington is worth it and will make you a better team and come playoffs Al will be a key piece.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:00 AM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i just hope bird knows what he's doing.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

bird knows what hes doing...you never had to worry about that...the only STUPID deal they did that i can remember was trading Brad Miller
Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
bird knows what hes doing...you never had to worry about that...the only STUPID deal they did that i can remember was trading Brad Miller

ah, don't even mention that one. that's got to be one of the dumbest trades in recent years in the entire league. i can't believe indy wanted pollard to be the starting center. unbelievable.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
ah, don't even mention that one. that's got to be one of the dumbest trades in recent years in the entire league. i can't believe indy wanted pollard to be the starting center. unbelievable.
ya i know ... at the time, they had to either get rid of brad miller or croshere...that year, croshere had a good playoff run so they decided to sign croshere, and in order to do that they had to let go of brad because they werent able to re-sign him
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Brad Miller

Quote:
Originally posted by jbot:

Brad Miller was way out of the Pacer's price range so instead of losing him for nothing they decided to sign and trade him to the Kings. Pollard has had some good moments in Pacerland, especially defensively. Brad Miller leaving also really opened the door for Jeff Foster at center as well. Not trying to argue with you at all brother, just my unique opinion.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #15
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Al Harrington deal

This deal could take a while, in my opinion. The Atlanta Hawks sign and trade for Joe Johnson last year took a long time, so this one might as well.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: