Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default 360/NBA 2k8 Question...

Alright, so i just got my 360 back from Microsoft a week or so ago and started playing NBA 2k8. So i play the game a few times, then in my 4th game of the season, in the middle of the game, the commentary goes off. So I'm like, w/e it'll come back in a min or two. Then that Disc is Unreadable **** comes up and im like ****, it better not be the Xbox again. So i take the disc out, look at the bottom of it, and see that the piece is scratched up. So i skip to my lou back to Toys R Us (buy 2 get one freeee) and tell them the the disc is scratched. So they give me a new one, i come back home and play the game, and everything is fine. Now fast forward to today.... I come home from work, and i'm bored as ****ters so i go up and try to get a game in. I get half-way through against the Rockets and the same **** happens. Now i check the disc and its perfectly fine. Is it the 360, or is it a glitch, or is it just me?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 360/NBA 2k8 Question...

The same thing was happening to me. The system would just freeze up and say disc is unreadable clean with a soft cloth. I did a little research and what I do now is first eject the disc tray. Then let the 360 start up without the game. Once you get to the 360 menu screen close the disc tray with the NBA 2K8 disc inside. The system doesn't like when you start up with the game already in there. I believe some sort of memory has to clear out.

By the way, mine did not get scratched.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Same thing happened to me when i first got the game, but now everything is fine.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had the same problems with my madden and ncaa disk, and a lot have too, it's really common. It's a combination of the 360 crappy dvd-rom and cheap retail discs.

I modded 360 and no problems ever playing a burnt game with quality media.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yep happened tome last year with my live 07 game... it then wouldnt play any games, so i sent it in, they sent me a NEW one actually, saying the old one was defective or something... no probs since
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow, never happened to me.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why doesnt everyone start up a 2k8 league? anyone interested?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I had the same problems with my madden and ncaa disk, and a lot have too, it's really common. It's a combination of the 360 crappy dvd-rom and cheap retail discs.

I modded 360 and no problems ever playing a burnt game with quality media.

I used to have a modded Xbox before I got 360. I want to mod my 360, too. Got any advice?
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

the commentary gets annoying after awhile anyway
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I used to have a modded Xbox before I got 360. I want to mod my 360, too. Got any advice?

what does "modding" an xbox do?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #11
Tool
Ball til I fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
why doesnt everyone start up a 2k8 league? anyone interested?

Heck yes!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Not sure about 360, but on Xbox it lets you run homebrew games and all kinds of pretty cool programs that people made. And you can play backup copies of games (ones that you own of course)
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You modify the dvd firmware so it can read backups.

It's really hard for people with little computer knowledge. You basically have to open up your 360 and sync it with a compatible pc sata port and flash it.

This voids your warranty...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
Tool
Ball til I fall

Quote:

means you can play games that are "burnt" onto a compact disc apposed to buying them in store for a lot more money, when you get your 360 modded the games are very cheap
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

NBA 2K8 Official ISH online XBOX 360 league sign up thread lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: