Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 360/NBA 2k8 Question...

modder beware: modding your 360 will make it no longer possible to access xbox live
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

If you mod your 360 you better be ready to pay an extra $300 once your XBox dies.

And it's not if it dies, it's when.

The 360 is unreliable as they come and I would expect most 360s to not have a very high life span.

However, I would expect that it's probably your 360 acting up again. Check your MFD Date. You probably got a refurb'd 360 from MS, which is terrible and that's why you need to buy the warranty in-store.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
modder beware: modding your 360 will make it no longer possible to access xbox live
False, I been going on live since halo 3 came out.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #19
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
If you mod your 360 you better be ready to pay an extra $300 once your XBox dies.

And it's not if it dies, it's when.

The 360 is unreliable as they come and I would expect most 360s to not have a very high life span.

However, I would expect that it's probably your 360 acting up again. Check your MFD Date. You probably got a refurb'd 360 from MS, which is terrible and that's why you need to buy the warranty in-store.

I have a launch model that's working just fine. And I don't see how modding the Xbox would make it die any sooner, unless you mess up the process itself.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #20
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
I have a launch model that's working just fine. And I don't see how modding the Xbox would make it die any sooner, unless you mess up the process itself.

Your lucky.

Modding it or unmodding it: it doesn't matter. Your 360 WILL die.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #21
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Your lucky.

Modding it or unmodding it: it doesn't matter. Your 360 WILL die.

They're more reliable now with an upgraded heatsink,
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #22
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
The same thing was happening to me. The system would just freeze up and say disc is unreadable clean with a soft cloth. I did a little research and what I do now is first eject the disc tray. Then let the 360 start up without the game. Once you get to the 360 menu screen close the disc tray with the NBA 2K8 disc inside. The system doesn't like when you start up with the game already in there. I believe some sort of memory has to clear out.

By the way, mine did not get scratched.

So is this the only helpful advice you guys have on MY question? If so, carry on.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #23
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
They're more reliable now with an upgraded heatsink,

Yeah but see the guy above me has a LAUNCH model.

I'm surprised it isn't dead yet.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ya most of the 360's will come with the 65nm cpu/gpu's which run much cooler and better for power consumption

if you were to buy a 360 today.. pro or elite, it would come with the new chips
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #25
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Yeah but see the guy above me has a LAUNCH model.

I'm surprised it isn't dead yet.

You talkin bout me?

Well, I had the launch model, sent it in, and they said i got a replacement unit. So i don't think that i have a launch model, anymore at least.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #26
RDavis31
Kids at the park dunk on me

RDavis31 has not been impressing people

this is why you buy a playstation 3. ive never had one problem with mine in the year ive had it...
RDavis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #27
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

I'll join the league as soon as the CPU ceases to rape me on defense.
Is it only me or is it impossible to play decent D in this game?
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #28
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDavis31
this is why you buy a playstation 3. ive never had one problem with mine in the year ive had it...

Never had so much as a dirty disk error with my 360 in the two years I've had it. Plus 360 is cheaper and has better games. No thanks.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #29
RDavis31
Kids at the park dunk on me

RDavis31 has not been impressing people

they have the same games, the only exception is halo 3 for xbox and final fantasy, metal gear solid for ps3
RDavis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: