Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cleveland Cavaliers vs.Golden State Warriors Game Thread

Vs.

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Golden State Warriors

Tuesday, NOV. 6, 2007 @ 10:30 pm EST – ORACLE Arena, Oakland CA

Keys to the game: The Cavaliers need to control the board and the rebounding department because the Warriors have a much smaller frontcourt, and the Cavs frontline need to realize that the reason we sweep this team last year is because we capitalize on the mismatches.

Lebron James need to have another superb performance in order for the Cavaliers to beat the Warriors in this game. I know he will have a great scoring night once again because he wanted the Cavs to bounce back after a disappointing lose against the heavily favored Phoenix Suns last weekend.

I hope Coach Mike Brown realize to start Sasha Pavlovic instead of Larry Hughes, and i always felt that Boobie Gibson done a great job when he is on the floor facilitating the offense for his team.

Less turnover more chance for the Cavaliers to defeat the Golden State Warriors.

I predict the Cavaliers will win this one in a very high scoring game 120-112

Projected Starting Lineup:

Cavaliers (1-2)

G Daniel Gibson
G Sasha Pavlovic
F Lebron James
F Drew Gooden
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Coach: Mike Brown

Warriors (0-3)

G Baron Davis
G Monta Ellis
F Kelanna Azubuike
F Al Harrington
C Andries Biendris

Coach: Don Nelson

It is time to win

Last edited by Lebron23 : 11-06-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers vs.Golden State Warriors Game Thread

Quote:
The Cavaliers need to control the board and the rebounding department

So far this year Gooden and especially the Big Z have been beasting on those boards averaging a combined 24.3 rebounds per game. If these two guys can hold the frontcourt down, i have every confidence that Bron can do the majority of, well, everything else ha...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
So far this year Gooden and especially the Big Z have been beasting on those boards averaging a combined 24.3 rebounds per game. If these two guys can hold the frontcourt down, i have every confidence that Bron can do the majority of, well, everything else ha...

Gooden and BIG Z are stepping up big time in the early part of the season, and that is a good news for our team, who have done absolutely nothing in the off season.

Drew Gooden

PPG, 10.0 RPG, 1.3 APG, 1.0 SPG

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

PPG, 14.3 RPG, .3 APG, 1.33 BPG

Last edited by Lebron23 : 11-06-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I worry about the Baron Davis matchup. I don't think that anyone on our team can guard him. He's a big, physical PG. We should easily win the battle of the boards, but we need to dictate the tempo b/c if we fall in the trap of running up and down the court (i.e. playing GS's type of game), then we are in trouble. Same thing you could say for Phoenix, only GS isn't as good, so the concern level isn't there. Keep Davis under going totally crazy on us and we can win.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM   #5
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Eric Snow could have been useful in this game guarding Baron Davis.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 AM   #6
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I worry about the Baron Davis matchup. I don't think that anyone on our team can guard him. He's a big, physical PG. We should easily win the battle of the boards, but we need to dictate the tempo b/c if we fall in the trap of running up and down the court (i.e. playing GS's type of game), then we are in trouble. Same thing you could say for Phoenix, only GS isn't as good, so the concern level isn't there. Keep Davis under going totally crazy on us and we can win.

I think Coach Brown should change plan by starting Pavlovic instead of Hughes, and make sure that Davis would not abused Gibson because that would be another great mismatch because Baron is one of the fastest, and strongest guard in the league. The Cavaliers need to dictate the tempo, and make sure they will have a higher field goal percentages in the 2nd half because we all know the Warriors are a running team, and they can outrun our players if we tried to played their own game.

PS:

Brandon finished his career averaging 13.8 points, three rebounds, 6.1 assists and 1.58 steals per game.

Best Season as a Cavaliers

1995-96 19.3 PPG, 6.5 APG, 1.8 SPG
1996-97 19.5 PPG, 6.3 APG, 2.2 SPG

I have this idea last night about hiring Terrell Brandon as the future assistant coach of our team because the guy has been one of the best PG in the 1990's, and He really knows how to run the offense because he has some basketball IQ to go out with his great basketball skills and work ethics.

NBA INTERVIEW
Terrell Brandon Interview

By INSIDEHOOPS.COM October 15, 2001

Quote:

Recorded towards the end of last season.

Jeff Lenchiner: Terrell, talk to me about NBA defensive rule changes - how you feel about zone defenses being allowed?

Terrell Brandon: I would rather (they were) not, but it's been done, so...

Jeff: If you were on the committee making the decision to legalize zones, would you have done it?

Terrell: If I was on the committee? Are you going to say that?

Jeff:
Yeah.

Terrell: Ok, well since you asked me, if I was on the committee I wouldn't go for it, I think. College and high school run the zone. I haven't run zone in ten years, so (laughs) I have to refresh myself and go back to some of my college tapes, man.

Jeff: Well, one reason they did it was please the fans - to move things around more, break up all the isolation plays, and I'm just picturing you or someone busting past a defender and always running into help around the basket...

Terrell: Well, you look at our team, though - we're a jumpshot-shooting team, and so this is going to benefit our team, a lot more than other teams, because we can shoot from the outside perimeter. And more than one person, I mean we have big guys who can shoot perimeter, guards who can shoot as well, so, if they want to sit back in the zone, we're going to kind of go ahead and do it, and we're gonna have some plays for them.

Jeff: So the zone won't be helping you as a point guard but it'll help the Wolves as a team.

Terrell: No question.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_inter...n_101501.shtml
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

is Z the answer for this game? with the way the Warriors will look to run people off the court, you would think playing big Z big minutes may wind him out? thus missing his easy shots over smaller defenders and playing defense a step too slow?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
is Z the answer for this game? with the way the Warriors will look to run people off the court, you would think playing big Z big minutes may wind him out? thus missing his easy shots over smaller defenders and playing defense a step too slow?

The Cavaliers are using an 8th man rotation in the first 3 games of the season, and i predict tonight we might be seeing more of Dwayne Jones and the rest of the Bench Warmers earning some major minutes in this game.

I hope Hughes would be performing very well in this game because he is playing against his former team, and he need top put down all the negative talking about being an underachiever this season.

2006-07 NBA Season:
Cavaliers vs. Warriors Series Matchup

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...W20070120.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...E20070130.html

Last edited by Lebron23 : 11-06-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #9
kidachi

GS needs to make this a fast-paced game. i don't think Cavs can run with GS all throughout the game.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #10
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I think Coach Brown should change plan by starting Pavlovic instead of Hughes, and make sure that Davis would not abused Gibson because that would be another great mismatch because Baron is one of the fastest, and strongest guard in the league.

Gibson is gonna guard Ellis, it would be just stupid to put him on Baron and Hughes on Monta.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

He played pretty well against the run/gun style of Phoenix. It's up to the Cavs to dictate the tempo of this game. Missed shots will lead to fast break opportunities for GS. Besides, if they just post him up against the smaller frontline of GS, he could potentially have a field day. Would like to see him get anywhere from 13-17 shot attempts tonight. 20/10 is a real possibility, if things go well and the Cavs are hitting shots.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

So..will Sasha be playing tonight? Cavs won't be signing Andy to any deal now, just heard this right now.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lebron down. leaves the game with a cut eye. hoefully comes back. more than likely.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sasha in the starting lineup. LeBron was elbowed in the face in the first quarter and taken to the locker room. Cavs up 22-17.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Z with his patented flying hook/layup/airball. Cavs up by 6 at the end of 1. Devin Brown has given us some decent production off of the bench so far this season. Nice surprise.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: