Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raptors @ Bucks 8 pm est Game Thread

so yi plays the 4? bosh vs yi tonight? they'll probably switch bogut over... makes more sense to have yi covering bargs... even though bargs is much heavier (i think) not that bargs ever really tries to back anyone down in the post.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #17
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I hope Bargnani makes Yi look absolutely silly on both ends of the floor

Bargs does tend to be more aggressive and confident against other international players. It's like he's establishing his turf as the best young import.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

These are the games the Raps must win, even on the road. Obviously a weaker team. The Bucks won't be able to defend Bargs the way Boston did. Also Bogut isnt quick enough to defend Bosh and Bargs either.

Yi should foul out in about 10 mins.

The Bucks gaurd play will have to be very good for them to stay in the game.

Raps 102

Bucks 94

Then again Im extremely Biased.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTecheven
though bargs is much heavier (i think) not that bargs ever really tries to back anyone down in the post.

Bargs is around 270lbs this year. Yi is 235 at most...so we should get to see how his (Bargnani) post game is coming along if they matchup that way.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
OutOfPlace
I hit open 5-footers

OutOfPlace has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Bargs is around 270lbs this year. Yi is 235 at most...so we should get to see how his (Bargnani) post game is coming along if they matchup that way.

Yi weighs 246lbs. Not "235 at most".

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woel...asures_up.html

Quote:
- Yi weighs 246 pounds.

- Yi’s height is 6 feet, 11 inches without shoes. With shoes, Yi is 7-1/4, making him the tallest player on the Bucks’ roster. Bucks center Andrew Bogut is 7-0 in sneakers.

- Yi has a wing span of 7-3 ˝. That’s ˝-inch longer than Bogut’s.

- Yi has 3.4 percent body fat. Again, that is the best on the team. Michael Ruffin is second at 3.9.
OutOfPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors can and should win this one easily. The Raptors are playing great D to start the year and I don't see why it won't continue here.

A blowout would be nice since this is the first game of a back to back. Not that I worry about Orlando much (the Raptors are a better team) but it would be good to rest some players for that game. Hopefully Bosh doesn't have to play more than 25 minutes today after the 40+ he played vs the Celtics. He's not 100% yet and overtime games don't help the "easing him in" thing the coaches planned at the start of the year.

It'll be interesting to see how Bargnani plays Bogut or if he does at all. Last year early in the season Bogut badly schooled him for an entire half before the Raptors coaching finally realized they better put Bosh and Rasho on him instead.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I've got to assume Bogut/Bosh will guard each other and Bargnani/Yi.

Mo Williams has sucked so far this year, but I think he'll bounce back tonight playing against his old buddy.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Toronto wins 134-102.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #24
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfPlace
Yi weighs 246lbs. Not "235 at most".

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woel...asures_up.html

Damn, I guess I was going by his predraft weight. Still a advantage for Bargs, but not by as much as I expected.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #25
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Bosh and Bargs gonna run wild on the Bucks. Hopefully Parker bounces back and does a good job on Redd. At least the Boston game showed Bosh's conditioning is at least almost up to snuff.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #26
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Does Bogut have a solid comeback game tonight or no?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

He should do ok. He has his worst games against the Wallace/Mourning/Shaq type centers, and is usually able to play his game against the less physical guys like Bosh.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #28
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

home court rules

Bosh goes off / TJ 10 plus dimes

But Bucks win 98 - 92

Charile who ---- - - - > goes off on his old team
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

I think Bosh comes back strong and puts up 25 and 12 along with TJ with his usual double double and the raps win by about 8 or 9.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #30
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Raptors ice cold on offense and their D is nonexistant.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: