Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What's wrong with Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
He sure did, numbnuts.

45.3% FG
6.4 points
10.7 rebounds
2.4 assists
1.4 steals
2.0 blocks

77 games played and started.

He hasn't sucked fantasy-wise since leaving Orlando 7 years ago.

WOW a whole 20'sh fantasy points per game

you must win your league every year with picks like him :

regardless his box score numbers arent anywhere near his name/star recognition. If anything fans hype up everything he does way more because he does it, and if it were anyone else they'd act like it was nothing. Really tired of the Bulls crowd going nuts anytime Wallace scores, then airballs his freethrows when he goes to the line

ps just so you know i'm getting that with a 38 yr old Sam Cassell averaging 20'sh minutes of action this year

Last edited by Smokee : 11-06-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

I think the ankle woes thing is the best way to explain it.

well his game was never predicated on scoring. even in that 10+PPG season with the Pistons he would get little baby jumpers, some 10 feet turnaround jumpers, some simple post moves, and some quick cuts to the bucket.

those things don't require all that much athleticism to pull off.

as for rebounds, he is still strong as hell so barring his timing being way off or being very unlucky in three games so far with the way the balls have bounced.

the only thing that should decline is his blocking ability as his reaction and lift takes longer and longer.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #18
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
WOW a whole 20'sh fantasy points per game

you must win your league every year with picks like him :

regardless his box score numbers arent anywhere near his name/star recognition. If anything fans hype up everything he does way more because he does it, and if it were anyone else they'd act like it was nothing. Really tired of the Bulls crowd going nuts anytime Wallace scores, then airballs his freethrows when he goes to the line

ps just so you know i'm getting that with a 38 yr old Sam Cassell averaging 20'sh minutes of action this year

If you think Ben Wallace has been a bad fantasy pick up the last couple of years, you are clueless at best. Nothing more to it.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's moody. he's hurt and not playing well, so he gets more mooody. its a cycle thats not very good for him or the bulls IF he is going to have injury issues.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #20
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
If you think Ben Wallace has been a bad fantasy pick up the last couple of years, you are clueless at best. Nothing more to it.

Thing about fantasy is players are more valued in relation to which round they go, and every fantasy draft has that idiot that takes him earlier than he should've been taken based on hype/name recognition. Congratulations for being that idiot

PS i play in a pretty pro fantasy league with $500 buy in's. Have fun with your yahoo league pretending you know ****
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #21
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He said the ankle injury that was supposed ot keep him out two games is still bothering him. Cant jump. I knew he was hurt and read that both he and Noah wouldnt play the opening week but I figured it was ok when he decided to play.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #22
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Let's be honest. Big Ben only had three superstar seasons. 2000-01 through 2002-03. Those three seasons, he put up amazing numbers. He had other seasons where he put up some good numbers, but nothing comes near those three. He'll probably end up in the Hall for his DPOY awards.

As said before, Ben is a type of player that relies on pure athleticism, which is clearly declining.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #23
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

I think some of it is mental with Ben too.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
I think some of it is mental with Ben too.
i think his headband is too tight...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I get the feeling he feels excluded from the offense, and feels like he should be contributing more. Just in his body language, not moving much, some of it has to do with the injury, but still, he's really not moving out there. Like he doesn't care. He's always thought he was better than he was on offense, even dating back to Detroit, and hasn't he been working hard on his offensive game the past two offseasons? Still being such a liability and never seeing the ball might be taking a bit of a toll on him, making him unhappy.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I get the feeling he feels excluded from the offense, and feels like he should be contributing more. Just in his body language, not moving much, some of it has to do with the injury, but still, he's really not moving out there. Like he doesn't care. He's always thought he was better than he was on offense, even dating back to Detroit, and hasn't he been working hard on his offensive game the past two offseasons? Still being such a liability and never seeing the ball might be taking a bit of a toll on him, making him unhappy.

Its crazy how guys like him who make a living off of his D and rebounding make it an issue that they are not a factor on offense. Thats not why he was signed. He was signed for anchor the D, not be a factor on offense. They already got deng, gordon, and hinrich to run the offense. Same with kirilenko last season. He got his max deal for his D, not his offense. These guys need to shut up and just do what the coaches say cuz they are making bank and are being paid to play a role
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #27
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

I think that Ben's ego got out of control after the Pistons won the title in 04.

I also think that he left his game in Detroit. I was reading an ESPN chat with Ben Wallace, I think a couple of months ago and he made an interesting comment. I don't remember exactly what he said but his statement was basically Ben admitting that he isn't the same player he was with Detroit.

I'll see if I can locate the chat. If someone else can do it, that'd be cool.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #28
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hE AINT GOT NO MORE HOPS, OR ENERGY, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE ONLY AN ATHLETIC GUY!
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Its crazy how guys like him who make a living off of his D and rebounding make it an issue that they are not a factor on offense. Thats not why he was signed. He was signed for anchor the D, not be a factor on offense. They already got deng, gordon, and hinrich to run the offense. Same with kirilenko last season. He got his max deal for his D, not his offense. These guys need to shut up and just do what the coaches say cuz they are making bank and are being paid to play a role
Well I'm not sure that's why Ben hasn't been going all out, it's just a feeling I get when I've watched him this year. Seems like his heart and his head are holding him back just as much as his ankle, if not more.

AK's kind of a different situation, because he's far from useless on offense. Put him on a less offensively talented team, and he's still a star, no matter what he looked like last season. Dude's a spectacular passer, certainly one of the best at his position, and he can certainly score. He's not going to get 25 a game anytime soon, but 15 is well within the realm of possibility.

I like the game AK's playing this year. He's on a very good, offensively disciplined team, and is doing a little bit more on offense than he was last year. Not as much as year's past, but enough to be a factor and to make use of his passing talents. Doing the little things on offense that help make a team like the Jazz go.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #30
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

What's wrong with Ben Wallace?

I think after he left the Pistons he suffered from not having a perfectly tuned team defense to anchor. In Detroit he could always count on perfectly timed rotations and guys who knew exactly what he was capable of as far as bailing them out.

Now he is more of an Island, making him less effective.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: