Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: Anyone else having a hard time being excited about the new season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Piss off. As a mavs fan I can relate, the season doesnt start for the mavs/suns until the playoffs. Also, college takes up a lot of my time as well and its hard to find time to watch games.
This may be the first time I have ever agreed with Hawker.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #17
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Wow so much hate in this thread which is surprising because it's a legit topic from a respected poster. Rab aint no bandwagon fan everyone.

Which brings me to this question??? Who is hated more this year? Dallas fans or Phornix fans?? I hope its Dallas fans because I dont see much whining from Suns fans.

The suns fans now considering the whole entire board is filled with laker fans and dantoni just b!tched at phil jackson the other night. Ya, that sounds about right. Unfortunate yet true.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #18
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
Well, when you look at the posters who are replying, it's not hard to see why the negative responses would be there. It just gives them a chance to flame the Suns and their fans. I don't mind.
You were asking for it. This is a pity party thread. It's funny how the two most underachieving teams Pho/Dal "feel each other". I was and still am ready to support my team regardless. If the season really doesn't start for you until the "playoffs" why should you feel down at all? You know you're in the playoffs, you just realize the inevitable. What your team has been doing the last three years has been redundant. The wheels are falling off and people are jumping.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
The suns fans now considering the whole entire board is filled with laker fans and dantoni just b!tched at phil jackson the other night. Ya, that sounds about right. Unfortunate yet true.
IDK Mavs fans like primetime/romosexudal/doomsday are making you guys look pretty bad. You are actually one of the best mavs fans. OMG did I just say that.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #20
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star

e20dyl4n has an OK reputation so far

as a local to the spurs the suns make me sick. i cant even give them the respect they are due because all they ever do is cry. it will be awhile before the suns win a championship and it wont be with steve nash
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #21
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
IDK Mavs fans like primetime/romosexudal/doomsday are making you guys look pretty bad. You are actually one of the best mavs fans. OMG did I just say that.

Probably b/c I just dont post anymore therefore you dont get to see as much stupid stuff.

Datznasty is pretty bad too. All he does is talk trash about the team. I would consider him worse then the above three.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
You were asking for it. This is a pity party thread. It's funny how the two most underachieving teams Pho/Dal "feel each other". I was and still am ready to support my team regardless. If the season really doesn't start for you until the "playoffs" why should you feel down at all? You know you're in the playoffs, you just realize the inevitable. What your team has been doing the last three years has been redundant. The wheels are falling off and people are jumping.

Wrong. It's not a pity party thread. He's saying he just is having a hard time being as excited about this season as much as he was in the past, for MANY reasons. It's narrow minded idiots who took ONE of his reasons and called it his ONLY reason.

I'm in the same place Rab is, but after a few years. I work two jobs now (and probably will throughout the winter and into the spring), and I work nights during the weeks now so I don't get to watch games like I used to. I can't really justify paying for a League Pass when I'd just get to watch as many games with it as I do without it. I've gotten to watch two games now, and I probably will be able to continue watching Sopcast games on Friday nights (which are dead here at job #2), which is where I got to watch the first of those two games I've seen so far. Without being able to watch the games like I used to, only being able to follow highlights and boxscores, and having the same feeling that the NBA is a shadow of what it used to be, I'm just not as into it this year as I used to be around this time. Am I crying about my hometown Bulls getting knocked out by Detroit? Nope. Am I crying at the lack of success last year from my favorite players in the league? Nope. Will some useless, f*cking retarded idiot assume that from a post like this? Yep.

I feel sorry for you Rab, not because of your lack of enthusiasm for the season so far, but because you had the honesty to say how you feel about something, and decided to contribute it to the board to generate some conversation on the topic and only ended up with the morons of the board responding. Though, I'm sure you knew sh*t like this would be the inevitable result, but I'm still sorry you have to deal with these f*cking wastes of space.

But I certainly don't envy you
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #23
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
No, you are trying to turn it into a pity party thread, which isn't the case at all. It just gave you, a Laker fan, a dumb reason to blast a team and a fanbase you don't like. It just isn't normal for me to not be as excited for the season to start. Doesn't mean I don't want it to come around anymore. You, in turn, decided to make it into something it's really not. If that's how you feel, that's cool. I don't care. You assume that I am not supporting my team as well, when I have watched every minute of action, including preseason, that I have been able to watch.

Last edited by Rab : 11-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #24
junkifunki
Decent playground baller

junkifunki has an OK reputation so far

Don't let these idiots get to you. I've been having a hard time getting excited about the NBA myself.. it seems to get worse every year. I barely even realized opening night was last week! Was reading the paper and finally realized that the season was starting..

There was a point in time when I would eat, sleep, breathe anything NBA.. I would've kept up with every offseason move, even if you were the 15th man on the worst team in the league, I'd be the first to know about it. I'd be able to recite the entire draft for you... nowadays... I dont know.. just the other day, I thought Jason Richardson still played for the Warriors..

I used to come on this board EVERYDAY.. things have changed.. I cant really pinpoint when I started to lose interest in the NBA... Basketball is still my #1 sport to play, but I find myself more interested in watching NFL or college football games now...
junkifunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #25
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Wrong. It's not a pity party thread. He's saying he just is having a hard time being as excited about this season as much as he was in the past, for MANY reasons. It's narrow minded idiots who took ONE of his reasons and called it his ONLY reason.

I'm in the same place Rab is, but after a few years. I work two jobs now (and probably will throughout the winter and into the spring), and I work nights during the weeks now so I don't get to watch games like I used to. I can't really justify paying for a League Pass when I'd just get to watch as many games with it as I do without it. I've gotten to watch two games now, and I probably will be able to continue watching Sopcast games on Friday nights (which are dead here at job #2), which is where I got to watch the first of those two games I've seen so far. Without being able to watch the games like I used to, only being able to follow highlights and boxscores, and having the same feeling that the NBA is a shadow of what it used to be, I'm just not as into it this year as I used to be around this time. Am I crying about my hometown Bulls getting knocked out by Detroit? Nope. Am I crying at the lack of success last year from my favorite players in the league? Nope. Will some useless, f*cking retarded idiot assume that from a post like this? Yep.

I feel sorry for you Rab, not because of your lack of enthusiasm for the season so far, but because you had the honesty to say how you feel about something, and decided to contribute it to the board to generate some conversation on the topic and only ended up with the morons of the board responding. Though, I'm sure you knew sh*t like this would be the inevitable result, but I'm still sorry you have to deal with these f*cking wastes of space.

But I certainly don't envy you
It is nice to know that there still is some shred of intelligence left on this board.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #26
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

C'mon. You guys think I was born yesterday. It's bridesmaid syndrome.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #27
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

to homer fans pretending what happens in the season doesnt mean anything, does that mean your never going to post throughout this season regarding anything that occurs within it? It doesnt matter, right? Might as well not talk basketball then till they playoffs...

anyways Lakers are fun to watch this year even if your not a Laker fan w/ all the drama around them, plus their play has been like old Sacramento the last 2 games.

i like watching Yi too...crowd loves him. hes got surprising game and your not sure at this point what hes turning into, but hes turning into something pretty good.

theres alot more improved teams this year so the fat cats used to winning will have to work harder for it this year. Even the teams that are supposed to be bad(Minnesota) have given good teams a run for their money.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #28
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
C'mon. You guys think I was born yesterday. It's bridesmaid syndrome.
By your responses in this thread, it would appear as if you were born in the not so distant past.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #29
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no. i'm craving basketball. i also keep missing all of my teams games so far(pacers).
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #30
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Make this topic when the Suns win 10 straight games. $10 says you won't.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: