Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #16
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Race To MVP: Early Observations

Duncan will not win the MVP this year he can put a mediocre performance in the regular season, and the San Antonio Spurs are still winning games.

That's why Stern's Flawed System of MVP Voting sucks i hope that we can actually know, who is the real MVP by looking at every teams roster and pick the guy who has been carrying his team so far in the regular season.

We do not need another "fake" MVP this season, and fans should know who is really the Best Individual Player in the NBA, and the Most Valuable for his team.

Both Duncan and Nash are probably the worst 2 -time MVP in the history of the NBA, and they degrade the value of winning the best individual award in the league.

It really sucks that this has been always the same kind of BS since Michael Jordan retired in the 1998 NBA Season.

MVP = Most Valuable Player of the Year

Make some change Stern right now because i do not want my kids or future grandchildren to look back at history, and they never been familiar with the best player of this generation because they are seeing the name of those undeserving players in the NBA Record Book.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 11-07-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #17
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Are you really able to seperate the two though? The Jazz's main play on offense is still the pick and roll, and it certainly be run as effectively without Boozer there.

The jazz would be a 40 win team without Boozer IMO. They would still have plenty of talented players, a solid bench, and the battery that keeps everything running; Deron. Without Deron though, the jazz become a disorganized group of talent (much like the knicks)... It just wouldn't work the same. That's why the Most Valuable Player on the Jazz is Deron and not Boozer.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #18
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
I agree. Well we wouldn't suck completely, and we might be able to make the... Nevermind, lol, we'd definitely suck. The media and many of the casual basketball fans don't recognize the importance of Deron on the Jazz though. They see Boozer's 30/15 games and just assume that he's the reason the Jazz won... It's not all about numbers. Deron runs and controls the team like a PG is supposed to do.

After Chris Paul's 21 assist game tonight and his team's 4-0 record, Deron Williams may not even be the best young PG........which is refreshing because the whole "Deron Williams will win MVP" thread after the third game was extremely annoying.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #19
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
After Chris Paul's 21 assist game tonight and his team's 4-0 record, Deron Williams may not even be the best young PG........which is refreshing because the whole "Deron Williams will win MVP" after the third game was extremely annoying.

I didn't start that thread. lol. And if I remember correctly, NO started 4-0 last year as well and was one of the last undefeated teams... The beginning of the season can be very misleading. There is still a lot of basketball to be played.

And you kind of contradicted yourself in your post... You said that it was annoying for people to start hyping up Deron after only the third game of the season. But you said before that that Deron might not be the best young PG because, after 4 games, Paul has a better record and has put up better stats than him... Make up your mind! lol.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #20
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Duncan will not win the MVP this year he can put a mediocre performance in the regular season, and the San Antonio Spurs are still winning games.

That's why Stern's Flawed System of MVP Voting sucks i hope that we can actually know, who is the real MVP by looking at every teams roster and pick the guy who has been carrying his team so far in the regular season.

We do not need another "fake" MVP this season, and fans should know who is really the Best Individual Player in the NBA, and the Most Valuable for his team.

Both Duncan and Nash are probably the worst 2 -time MVP in the history of the NBA, and they degrade the value of winning the best individual award in the league.

It really sucks that this has been always the same kind of BS since Michael Jordan retired in the 1998 NBA Season.

MVP = Most Valuable Player of the Year

Make some change Stern right now because i do not want my kids or future grandchildren to look back at history, and they never been familiar with the best player of this generation because they are seeing the name of those undeserving players in the NBA Record Book.

Clowned yourself.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #21
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
No Chris Paul = bad list

ditto
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #22
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

i think the chances for Tracy McGrady are pretty good to become MVP. Of course only when he stays healthy. I really hope so...
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 AM   #23
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules
i think the chances for Tracy McGrady are pretty good to become MVP. Of course only when he stays healthy. I really hope so...

He's got teamates this year. Something he really hasn't had in the past so it's not unthinkable. I'm sorry, I know Kobe is a great player but let's give Chris Paul his dues. Dude is tearing it up! Switch Kobe and Chris Paul.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #24
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
But you said before that that Deron might not be the best young PG because, after 4 games, Paul has a better record and has put up better stats than him... Make up your mind! lol.

If Paul keeps putting up crazy assist #s and if his team keeps winning he will be regarded as the best young PG in the leage.

Don't get me wrong, I love Deron Williams.....he's excellant, but the Hornets are looking great and Paul is the reason for it.........21 assists.....that's just crazy, I can't even remember the last time somebody threw up 21 assists.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is WAY too early to even think about. That said, if we are going to throw around stats four games through the season...

LeBron is the only player in the NBA that can average 27/8/7 and not be in the MVP race. The expectations for him are ridiculously higher than they are for any other player.... maybe ever.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #26
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
I didn't start that thread. lol. And if I remember correctly, NO started 4-0 last year as well and was one of the last undefeated teams... The beginning of the season can be very misleading. There is still a lot of basketball to be played.

The Hornets were BEYOND badly injured last year. This team is clearly no fluke when they have their players in uniform.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #27
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
This is WAY too early to even think about. That said, if we are going to throw around stats four games through the season...

LeBron is the only player in the NBA that can average 27/8/7 and not be in the MVP race. The expectations for him are ridiculously higher than they are for any other player.... maybe ever.

If MVP races are judged the way the should be and not off win totals.....LeBron should of won it last year. His team would've been a sure lottery pick team, but instead they went to the NBA finals with LeBron.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #28
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

LeBron not Top 10???!!! he's not even peaking and he's averaging 27/6/6!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #29
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Lebron James 2007-08 NBA Most Valuable Player of the Year, and member of the NBA ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #30
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
how can they still rank boozer over deron? take away deron and utah sucks. replace boozer and they wont get that much worse.

Who you gunna replace Boozer with? Boozer has developed into one of the best PFs in the league. He is more valuable then williams in my opinion. Replacing Williams is allotting easier then replacing boozer in my opinion.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: