Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Default Im being offered AK47 for Yi

At first glance it seems like a no brainer, but I was wondering if there is something I should know before I decide to accept or decline it. What should I do?
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Default Re: Im being offered AK47 for Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo
At first glance it seems like a no brainer, but I was wondering if there is something I should know before I decide to accept or decline it. What should I do?
Accept it, but that will almost certainly be vetoed.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
Accept it, but that will almost certainly be vetoed.
Im not sure, theyre actually very similar players stat wise
Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

No they aren't. Accept it instantly. Brutal deal for the AK owner...brutal.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Im not sure, theyre actually very similar players stat wise

Take AK and run!
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
bhallic24
High school junior varsity star

I don't know. Ak had 1 good game this season. First game.

That's it. Rest of the time its been on a decline and he's been opening up a bagels and donuts shop in Utah.

Yi on the other hand, if you look closer. Is 1. seeing an increase in minutes. 2. taking more shots , 3. blocks consistantly, and 4. seems to be the #2 scoring option in Milwak behind MRedd. But time will tell for that 4th point.
bhallic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallic24
I don't know. Ak had 1 good game this season. First game.

That's it. Rest of the time its been on a decline and he's been opening up a bagels and donuts shop in Utah.

Yi on the other hand, if you look closer. Is 1. seeing an increase in minutes. 2. taking more shots , 3. blocks consistantly, and 4. seems to be the #2 scoring option in Milwak behind MRedd. But time will tell for that 4th point.
this is more on the lines of my train of thought. Im not sure if I'm going to do it. Yi has been pretty consistant where AK is a roller coaster. Also, the Jazz now have a SG that can score at a high rate so AK might be sliding as a scoring option. I dont know....thanks for all your feedback though fellas. I have to give this some more thought
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
this is more on the lines of my train of thought. Im not sure if I'm going to do it. Yi has been pretty consistant where AK is a roller coaster. Also, the Jazz now have a SG that can score at a high rate so AK might be sliding as a scoring option. I dont know....thanks for all your feedback though fellas. I have to give this some more thought

The only real difference is the assist

but after looking closer YI has more upside

AK47 has some loyal fans based on what he use to do in prior yrs
personally he's very overrated right now.
His coach and teamates hate his guts now and Ronnie Brewer is going to steal touches from him. YI is starting to look like he's not gonna be a bust
Bucks guaranteed chinese government his minutes. And Villanueva is a mess and the only one who can push YI for minutes.
I wouldn't do it unless you could use the assist and the occasional 3pt.
YI seems more likely to score more pts. blks are the same and so are the boards which I surprised at but then with all the boards boozer and Milsap gooble up Im really not. YI boards have to go up there's no way they stay where they're at.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
The only real difference is the assist

but after looking closer YI has more upside

AK47 has some loyal fans based on what he use to do in prior yrs
personally he's very overrated right now.
His coach and teamates hate his guts now and Ronnie Brewer is going to steal touches from him. YI is starting to look like he's not gonna be a bust
Bucks guaranteed chinese government his minutes. And Villanueva is a mess and the only one who can push YI for minutes.
I wouldn't do it unless you could use the assist and the occasional 3pt.
YI seems more likely to score more pts. blks are the same and so are the boards which I surprised at but then with all the boards boozer and Milsap gooble up Im really not. YI boards have to go up there's no way they stay where they're at.
I think youre right. Yi is almost like a Kevin Durant in a way. Theyre both rookies on young, rebuilding teams so theyre going to play alot and get touches. Like its already been mentioned, Yi is guaranteed to get 25 min per game(unless he's in foul trouble). I could use the assists that AK will give me, but I believe that in the long run Yi will be the better fantasy player. Im still not sure what Im going to do, but Im starting to lean heavily in favor of keeping Yi.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
bhallic24
High school junior varsity star

After AK47 cried like a 12 year old girl in public last year I knew this guy was over. That was probably more pathetic than Britney Spear's sobfest with Matt Lauer. He has tons of good players in Utah and will get his ass Benched if he doesn't get his act together. Their scoring options are too abundant, Booze, Dwill, Okur, Brewer.

Yi on the other hand has to contend with Michael REdd and usually some random player (ie. Dmase, MoWill, or Charlie Bell going off) but that's it. Plus the entire nation of China wants to watch this dude play. If he gets benched, I think China's gonna find a way to get him outta Milwaukee to another place with a larger asian fan base in the US.
bhallic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
monkierojer
Decent playground baller

AK47 in a heart beat man...but i think it will get vetoed. How can you compare a rookie that doesn't know the system to AK. Preseason he fouled out in the first 6 mins...He will be inconsistent for sure.
monkierojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #12
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
I think youre right. Yi is almost like a Kevin Durant in a way. Theyre both rookies on young, rebuilding teams so theyre going to play alot and get touches. Like its already been mentioned, Yi is guaranteed to get 25 min per game(unless he's in foul trouble). I could use the assists that AK will give me, but I believe that in the long run Yi will be the better fantasy player. Im still not sure what Im going to do, but Im starting to lean heavily in favor of keeping Yi.

Your logic is flawed here. Accept the trade quick before it's pulled off the table, and be thankful for the gift you've been given.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #13
SmokeyJumbo
I brick open layups

Quote:

Agree that AK is over-rated and injury prone, however, i'll bet you 100 bucks his stats are still better than Yi's. NO BRAINER deal in my opinion.
SmokeyJumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #14
8dftw
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yi bad ak good
8dftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

Yi is shaping up to be a baller with AK's exact cats, except assists. Yi does have some upside. But AK is the way to go. He was in foul trouble against the Cavs hence the low minutes.

I normally side with the proven consistent vet. DING DING DING AK47. Two years ago this would be blashphemy.

It shouldn't be vetoed.

Last edited by LakersFO : 11-08-2007 at 05:17 AM.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: