Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Kings WIN home opener

Kings beat the Sonics 104-98 in their first game at Arco on the night that Arco'a epic smellout record was finally broken.

The Kings came back from a 20 point deficit and were lead by Kevin Martin's 31 points along with Brad Miller's best game of the season, Salmon's suprisingly consistant play, and Garcia's energetic (borderline crazy) play.

Garcia hit a 3 from the side after Brad Miller rebounded off a missed Garcia driving (forced) layup. The kid has got ice in his veins. Every time (many times) he missed, it never seem to get in his head at all.

More commentary on Sonics later.

Celebrate your 1st win Kings fans!
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Kings WIN home opener

Well maybe we can win the rest of this home stand and then maybe the Fans will return :).

I am sure with Hawes playing, Artest return ( next) road trip that we will be fine, the guys just need to fine tune their game ( the optimist) and delete the turnovers.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kings WIN home opener

too bad about the record - guess it was bound to end eventually with the prospect of another losing season kings fans of recent years had not been entirely used to...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
too bad about the record - guess it was bound to end eventually with the prospect of another losing season kings fans of recent years had not been entirely used to...
The alarming thing is that it happened on the home opener against a team with a superstar in the making. Not some group of rejects and has beens like the Clips (or the Kings for that matter).

I'm wondering if Arco well sell out at all this season? Because more losing won't help morale and low morale won't help ticket sales.

And what effect will this have on a potential new arena deal?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

Stern wants a arena for the Kings, so I think it will get done. I also think since the voters will not need to vote on this that enhances the chances of success..
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
Stern wants a arena for the Kings, so I think it will get done. I also think since the voters will not need to vote on this that enhances the chances of success..
Seeing as the home opener didn't even sell out, breaking the streak since 99, a bigger arena won't mean jack unless this team and the managment prove they deserve the support of the fans.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #7
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

With the economy today, all costs of living are increasing, so pleasure is not the highest priority at the moment.

I do think there will be sellouts in the near future, and you have to remember the word sellout was not exactly true, figures were manipulated for ever and ever.

I love * my kines*, but we have to be patient ( a little longer), we have our draft choice returning in two weeks, and we have Artest returning next week, the Kings will be fine as they can be this season.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

i think part of the frustration with the team is the lack of quality at arco...it's an old arena with the memories of yesterday's kings fading...i think the new arena would help re-energize some of the more fair weather kings fans and possibly even bring in new ones...it should add some legitimacy back to the team, even if they aren't a winning team again for a while. It's not like we are doing NOTHING to improve, just not doing enough...we have some exciting players, and depending on what kind of shake ups happen this season, i think the kings will be fine - maybe not sell out fine, but fine nonetheless
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

The number one frustration is the team not doing well but I'm sure having a new arena would help bring out more fans. I know a lot of people who don't go to games just because of the horrible traffic and really high ticket prices.

Speaking of which, if the Kings get a new arena, ticket prices will inevitably go up. How are the Kings fan going to afford it? Who is going to pay more to see a worse product?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: